• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Last edited:
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Perhaps. I did some digging into G13, seems to have unknown origins officially, but Its also rumored to be a nearly pure indica bred from native Afghani landraces according to a few things I read. I'm leaning toward this being a trait originating from Himalayan Indicas.

https://www.allbud.com/marijuana-strains/indica-dominant-hybrid/g13
Almost definitely some Afghani in my cut.
I'm still looking for other peoples plants that exhibit that big serration mid leaf on the center leaf of the fans.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Its pretty common to see double serration on fan leaves anymore. People use to say its skunk but I see it in lots of genetics anymore.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Huh. I've grown a ton of different strains over the years and this is the first time I've ever noticed it. Maybe I've had plants with them and I just didnt notice it before lol.
It really stood out to me when I picked up this platinum cookie cut.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Huh. I've grown a ton of different strains over the years and this is the first time I've ever noticed it. Maybe I've had plants with them and I just didnt notice it before lol.
It really stood out to me when I picked up this platinum cookie cut.
Some stand out more than others. I started looking closer prob 6 yrs ago when the subject was brought up, and its more common these days.

Kndreyn

Kndreyn

Some stand out more than others. I started looking closer prob 6 yrs ago when the subject was brought up, and its more common these days.
I remember back in the early/mid 2000s, I did some research on the double serrated leaf trait and found an article on Northern Lights showing double serrated leaves. I don't remember the details, but I think Neville was mentioned in the article. I'll look through some old hard drives and see if I saved that somewhere. After reading that article, I assumed this clone that I have from 1980 was a Northern Lights. The lady who originally started it said she grew it from a seed she found in what they called "2 puff stuff".

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The cannabis plant is known to have a palmately compound leaf with serrated leaflets.
The double serrated leaf pattern of the skunk plant has long
been documented to have originated in the Himalayan mountain system.
from Bangladesh to Bhutan from Nepal to Punjab and from himachal Pradesh to Kashmir and parts of n. Afghanistan. these all are land race indica areas.

its a trait that comes thru in alot of skunk crosses. green crack does it sometimes, so does a dairy queen. and most people see it in the uk cheese cut.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What's really fun is trying to figure where this extra leaf comes from.
DSCN0763

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This makes me wonder if my platinum cookies is actually space cookies. It looks more like space cookies, and the description fits better as well. My cut has never looked like any pic of pgsc I've ever seen. But it does look like pics I've seen of space cookies. It would explain the strong afghan appearance.
20181009 120358

Latest posts

Top Bottom