Strange growth, Any ideas?

• Thread starter BigCube
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigCube

BigCube

So I have a little side closet area where I keep a mom, some clones.
I'm new the solo cup thing, I always dwc before. So I want to see what you can get out of one solo cup.

Anyways. This is a clone of my white widow. I have others but this one is the only weird one. It's been under 18/6 its entire life. It's in promix hp. %50 rh, gh nutes like normal.

20190712_110221.jpg

Notice weird bushy bulge about 5 inches up?

20190712_110327.jpg

It's actually a bunch of little nodes curled up healthy and everything..

Anyways 2 questions. What do you think caused it? And is there a way I could use it to my advantage?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm new the solo cup thing, I always dwc before. So I want to see what you can get out of one solo cup.

Anyways. This is a clone of my white widow. I have others but this one is the only weird one. It's been under 18/6 its entire life. It's in promix hp. %50 rh, gh nutes like normal.

View attachment 880828

View attachment 880826

Anyways 2 questions. What do you think caused it? And is there a way I could use it to my advantage?
Was you clone taken at the beginning of flower?

Did you have a period of day night temps that were the same?

Did you change light sources?

I always wanted to try the solo cup thing. I might just pick up some Chinese QBs and throw a few clones at different friends houses to give it a go.

BigCube

BigCube

Was you clone taken at the beginning of flower?

Did you have a period of day night temps that were the same?

Did you change light sources?

I always wanted to try the solo cup thing. I might just pick up some Chinese QBs and throw a few clones at different friends houses to give it a go.

Was taken in veg, about a week before I flipped it. Have an other take at the same time. They've been together since. They are I guess 7 weeks old. That's as big as they normally get in a solo cup.

I climate control the room my tent and closet is in. It never changes temperature, or rh unless I change it manually.

They've been under the same light the entire time.

Also remember hre sister has been less than a foot away from her their entire life and she's normal.

The only thing I can think of is that I fimmed a few nodes when I was cleaning the lower growth of the cutting. But I dont know.

I thought maybe use it to my advantage by topping it right there? See if I can tease 8 to 10 heads out of it? Lol I dunno.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Was taken in veg, about a week before I flipped it. Have an other take at the same time. They've been together since. They are I guess 7 weeks old. That's as big as they normally get in a solo cup.

I climate control the room my tent and closet is in. It never changes temperature, or rh unless I change it manually.

Also remember hre sister has been less than a foot away from her their entire life and she's normal.

The only thing I can think of is that I fimmed a few nodes when I was cleaning the lower growth of the cutting. But I dont know.

I thought maybe use it to my advantage by topping it right there? See if I can tease 8 to 10 heads out of it? Lol I dunno.
Go for it. Fimming would definitely explain it.

Reactions: Ina
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

That's what I would do, top it right there and it will grow into a nice bush! And clone the cut top too! :)

BigCube

BigCube

That's what I would do, top it right there and it will grow into a nice bush! And clone the cut top too! :)

I want to, but then it kinda ruins my solo cup experiment.. besides, I have another cutting I took at the same time who has already had the treatment.

Gonna be the next in the tent, srog.

20190712 121857

20190712 121801

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

View attachment 880828

View attachment 880826

id say if you leave it alone ,that be one huge cola ll the way up,you can acheieve it by letting the bottom skirt regrow,i dont care how many times i cut the stuff off and right back it comes if you dont get really close to the stem

BigCube

BigCube

Where is it now? Well..

20190808 120323

If you can't tell, its happened all up and down the main stem. There must be 100 little nodes there.

20190808 120342

BigCube

BigCube

She needs a home in a big pot. ☹

She can't have one here for at least another month or so. Wonder how she would fair in a random ditch?

Top Bottom