Strange leaves...

• Thread starter jerkchicken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jerkchicken

Hey guys,

I've taken some cuttings that weren't in the best condition, they were very root bound in plastic cups. I've put them into fabric pots in all mix and they've only been in there 5 days so I haven't fed them yet. Will do next couple of days. I've noticed something strange on the leaves but what's bothering me is that it's on the new growth! I've attached a couple pics. They are different plants and it's not on all of them.

Any ideas guys? Appreciate the help as always!

Strange leaves
Strange leaves 2
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
They look eaten. Got any pests or critters in the area or that can access your grow space?

J

jerkchicken

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't believe so, I'll have a proper look for something tomorrow and see what I can find. I thought it looked more like strange growth than damage but my knowledge is very limited and it does seem to have popped up quickly and only on two. Thinking about it they're both the closest to the door also...

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
From what I can tell, it's either an injury to that particular leaf or a newer mutation, although I'm leaning towards a mutation as the same strange growth can be seen in other middle lobes on other leaves... that's telling me that it is something plant wide and not just a local leaf injury.
BE CAREFUL!! It will probably turn VERY green and grow 100000X bigger and stronger if you stress it too much. You wouldn't like it when it's angry!!

J

jerkchicken

I have had the same strain (or at least I thought I had) before with no such mutation. Maybe these aren't off the same mother then. That's a shame as I was after that particular strain. I presume these mutations don't just pop up they're either in the genetics or not? They were stressed in their little cups but they seem much happier in their new pots and soil. I'll have to see what happens I guess.

Ina

Ina

I think with proper care they will outgrow that….May be some root stimulator and nice soaking the hole medium once or twice...…..

J

jerkchicken

Ok great, I've got some good old super thrive here, I'll give them a nice watering with that and give them some tlc, hope they do. Thanks for all your help guys

J

jerkchicken

Some of the leaves are now growing with blades missing but I'm not worrying now as they growing nicely and don't seem bothered! They got a little hungry so lightened slightly as you can see but other than that I'm happy. I gave them super thrive and since just been feeding them nice and light (too light I think) but they going for it so feeding them properly now and don't think it will be an issue. Just thought is share this...

Screenshot 20190624 203051 Gallery
J

jerkchicken

Looking all good overall I reckon. Need to lollipop them and get them tangled in a net then flip them.

Screenshot 20190624 202958 Gallery
BloodShot

BloodShot

From what I can tell, it's either an injury to that particular leaf or a newer mutation, although I'm leaning towards a mutation as the same strange growth can be seen in other middle lobes on other leaves... that's telling me that it is something plant wide and not just a local leaf injury.
BE CAREFUL!! It will probably turn VERY green and grow 100000X bigger and stronger if you stress it too much. You wouldn't like it when it's angry!!
Capture

J

jerkchicken

Haha I was high when I read that before and the humour completely escaped me haha I've literally just got it now 🤪

Top Bottom