strange little seed type coming off my plant while drying

• Thread starter extraroasted
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

extraroasted

First time so I hope I'm in the correct forum. I've been growing way over 20 years, this year I found something I've never ran into before (than I've noticed) because of the weird summer here I was forced to take down one plant (gorilla glue) about 2 weeks early I thought I noticed rot starting on the very top buds, which is female about 7 feet tall, my normal drying procedure is to hang..but because of the humidity I deceided to just trim and place on a flat white cardboard surface in the house celler to dry, this morning I went to check and there were little tiny type seeds or something all around the one bud from the top these are NOT male seeds smaller almost like poppy seeds these fell off before I touched the bud or handled the bud other than cutting it down, they were just all around the bud quite a few of them. they are brown i would think mouse droppings but these are round and were inside the bud, I see no evidence that it was from bugs as i didn't see any while it was growing other than what I thought was a little rot I noticed before I cut it down. anyone have any ideas? earwig droppings, but no earwigs were spotted anyware close, no mice where they were laying I picked up the bud and shook it and these little things dropped all in all about 150 of these poppy like seeds..any help would be appreciated. Thank you

growsince79

growsince79

First time so I hope I'm in the correct forum. I've been growing way over 20 years, this year I found something I've never ran into before (than I've noticed) because of the weird summer here I was forced to take down one plant (gorilla glue) about 2 weeks early I thought I noticed rot starting on the very top buds, which is female about 7 feet tall, my normal drying procedure is to hang..but because of the humidity I deceided to just trim and place on a flat white cardboard surface in the house celler to dry, this morning I went to check and there were little tiny type seeds or something all around the one bud from the top these are NOT male seeds smaller almost like poppy seeds these fell off before I touched the bud or handled the bud other than cutting it down, they were just all around the bud quite a few of them. they are brown i would think mouse droppings but these are round and were inside the bud, I see no evidence that it was from bugs as i didn't see any while it was growing other than what I thought was a little rot I noticed before I cut it down. anyone have any ideas? earwig droppings, but no earwigs were spotted anyware close, no mice where they were laying I picked up the bud and shook it and these little things dropped all in all about 150 of these poppy like seeds..any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Pics?

E

extraroasted

picture of seeds and plant
Misc

E

extraroasted

Thank you everyone, although I did not see any calipillars, but I do remember that I read this past summer was a bad time for catipillars on the trees. now early harvest just in case they entered the other plants but the above diagram looks just like the seeds (shit)
thanks again

Top Bottom