Strawberry OG from Cali Connection

• Thread starter skUnkDawG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

I wanted to start a thread on these beans I got from swerve. I believe its bruce banner(strawberry cough x ogkush) hit with reverse tahoe og pollen. I dont think I was meant to be a "tester".. I think I just hit him up about my mislabeled chem4s at the right time.lol. But here goes anyways..
I planted 2 seeds feb. 15, both germed within 3 days (I use the poke a hole in the soil and drop it in method). I used straight sunshine 4 soil in 4" pots under a 2 ft. 2 bulb t5 (24hrs straight). I dont add anything till about week 3ish. then just a drop of superthrive, 1ml calmag+, .5ml roots excel. and .5ml of hygrozyme per gallon of water ph'd to 6.5-6.8. At about 4 weeks they are just itching for a bigger pot so they get straight sunshine 4 in a 5 gal. Aurora roots pot and get sent straight outside to bear the elements. This time they are fed 2 tsp. fox farm grow big, 2ml calmag+, 1ml roots excel, .4ml drip clean, .5ml hygrozyme and amino treatment from h&g(free sample..still not sure about this product)and a drop of superthrive per gallon of hose water that sat for a couple days. I feed my plants once a week and water just ph'd water throughout the week. Here's the pictures..
One was shorter with thicker leaf blades(pheno 1) and the other was taller, with a little thinner leaves (Pheno 2..on the right). A couple days after this pic. they were transplanted to the 5 gal pots and fertilized. Its almost like I'm doing a sea..no..pond of green outside.lol. Flipping them to the outdoors after only a month of growth inside.

View attachment 208223

Pheno 1 about a week after transplant. This period is important to get fast solid growth before she starts flowering. Anything thats stunted or not getting huge growth spurts won't yield shit. Thats why I perfer a strain with lots of stretch during flower cause it really helps the yield.

View attachment 208224

Pheno 2 has nice branching and more sativa looking

View attachment 208225

I still have some spider mite problems and the catipillars are out in full force. They are mauling on some dutch treat buds now. I'm going to try to keep them off these strawberry og's. I got a bunch more pics to post but this is taking forever. I'm trying to download pics in different sizes so bear with me till I get the right size. I hope these are not to big. The plants are starting week 5 of flower now so its starting to get interesting. :)

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

Strawberry1

Pheno 1
Strawberrypheno1

Pheno 2
Strawberrypheno2

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

aloha to all. So heres these two strawberry og about a week later. Pheno 1 is a shorter plant, much more indica and doesnt like as much food as its sister... round and tight buds. Pheno 2 has a nice christmas tree shape, nice looking buds with whispy hairs and almost a blue color to it. Its a hungry bbw. You can see from the starter pictures that she was much lighter green then #1.

Pheno #1
Strawberry111

Pheno #2
Strawberry211

MitchyNugz

MitchyNugz

off to a nice start bro....That sounds like a kick ass cross for sure looking forward to seeing how they finish up sure looks like you got a few phenos to pick from!!
good luck with them beauties!

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

Not too sure whats going on with the lower fan leaves. Any advice?... maybe overfertilized??

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

I've been slacking on taking pictures so this is two weeks after those last ones. I'm thinking those last pics were about week 5. I sprayed some monterey insect spray about that same time ( which I never do that late in bloom but I didnt want the catipillars to munch on these) and ended up burning some white hairs.. I used a 1.5% solution.. 6tsp. to half gal. h20. I think 4 tsp. would have done fine. Anyways, these two girls are getting heavy. I started flushing with some clearex. I'm calling this week 7.. maybe harvest in a couple weeks.

S1
S11
S12
S13
S14
S17

S16
skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

S2
S22
S23
S24

My plants always seem kind of beat up by week 7 but the buds grow ok. Both girls seem to be handling very well outside. No signs of pm, even with some cold nights and hot days. I probably could have fed them one more time but its just gonna be clearex and drip clean till harvest. Thanks for cruizing through farmers.

Illmind

Illmind

Hey bud if i may recomend capulators bennies. Every 2 week foliar should keep em very healthy and pm free. I used to be against the foliar just seems retarded lol but the plants fucn love it tho. Ya i use hygrozyme too and ever since i started i needed to adjust because when used correctly your plants will eat more. Usually without it there is access food that ur plant could sustain on if it gets hungry the enzymes break all that down and make it easier to absorb. Well i bave no proof but i had similar probs with plants i never had probs with. Some blamed it on hygrozyme and stopped using saying it sucks lol.. i adjusted n kept rolling. Outside stuff your def gonna wanna spray to keep pest n pm free. Its rough outside

monkeymun

monkeymun

Love how crisp your photos are, they really highlight how sweet your plants are. Those buds are cranking!

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

Hey bud if i may recomend capulators bennies. Every 2 week foliar should keep em very healthy and pm free. I used to be against the foliar just seems retarded lol but the plants fucn love it tho. Ya i use hygrozyme too and ever since i started i needed to adjust because when used correctly your plants will eat more. Usually without it there is access food that ur plant could sustain on if it gets hungry the enzymes break all that down and make it easier to absorb. Well i bave no proof but i had similar probs with plants i never had probs with. Some blamed it on hygrozyme and stopped using saying it sucks lol.. i adjusted n kept rolling. Outside stuff your def gonna wanna spray to keep pest n pm free. Its rough outside

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with that reply Ill. Thats what I've been having problems with lately.. I spend over a month trying to keep the rain off these plants then go and spray moisture on them (4 weeks in or later) didnt make sense to me. I realize now that you need that bug/worm and pm preventive sprays to get a nice clean harvest outside. I've been checking out caps bennies. thanks for the tip. As far as the Hygozyme goes.. I added it to my normal line and everything started the dreaded claw. I kinda thought it was shitty stuff but then backed off on my normal nutes and everythings back to normal. I still stay pretty light on the hygro. about 1ml per gal. anyways.. take care bro.

Love how crisp your photos are, they really highlight how sweet your plants are. Those buds are cranking!

Really?? Shit..thanks man. I just use a fuji finepix z5. It takes great close ups but not so good whole plant shots. This strain pretty much did it on its own.. I just kept them happy.;)

skUnkDawG

skUnkDawG

So I been reading up on bruce banner a little and I guess its strawberry diesel x og kush. I posted straw. cough earlier. and the last post I mixed up the pheno 1 and 2. ( I smoke alot!!) Heres some pics a little before harvest.

Harvest11
Harvest12
Harvest13
Harvest14

Harvest15

Latest posts

Top Bottom