Stress from too much training and transplant?

• Thread starter Seriesnuns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Growing Hurkle in fox farm ocean happy frog mix, no nutes just oh adjusted water.

I did a transplant a week ago and got back to training. I did stess train by crimping a lot of branches a couple days ago and pushed a few down with tent stakes.

Is my plant going though stress? Trying my best not to over water. My other seedling are doing great since the transplant.
Stress from too much training and transplant
Stress from too much training and transplant 2
Stress from too much training and transplant 3
Stress from too much training and transplant 4
Stress from too much training and transplant 5
Stress from too much training and transplant 6
Stress from too much training and transplant 7

Last edited:
Shroomtrips

Shroomtrips

Transplant shock, they will pick up in a week. No drama

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
They look like they could use a good drink, but I'd be concerned about possible nute overfeeding from the Fox Farms stuff. There was another post about similar looking plants and using FFOF. Fox Farms seems pretty hot and it seems that some strains have a hard time with it, at least initially. My personal theory is that the plants get accustomed to the soil they are started in, but when transplanted into something that is fortified, the roots seem to have a hard time. The slight clawing and the exaggerated leaf ridges is what I usually look for to confirm overfeeding. The plants look thirsty, even though they are well watered. This is just my opinion, but I hear the same problems every day or two when a newer grower uses FFOF on seedlings of some strains... do a search for the last day or two for identical problems. No doubt that transplant shock and stress contributes to the problem, but I seriously think the problem you are seeing is caused by a tad too much nutrition.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

She’s still not looking hot..could it be under nutrition? She’s about 70 days old now..could she have used up all the nutrients from the root area and not taking the new soil?
A271351C AEEB 49FB 95F6 47822B13240E
654D646C AD6B 4FAE B283 376EBC385FAD

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
She’s still not looking hot..could it be under nutrition? She’s about 70 days old now..could she have used up all the nutrients from the root area and not taking the new soil?View attachment 869292View attachment 869293
What have you done/not done since you posted the 1st set of pictures? I think, as I mentioned earlier, that they are being overfed. Too high of nutrients can interfere with the water flow in/out of the roots which can make them look sickly...either looking overwatered or underwatered. The leaves appear to be losing color as well. If it were my decision based on how they look, and this is MY opinion only, I would flush the shit out of them, since they haven't responded to less water (I thought that was your next thing to try from earliest posts). When they start getting the yellowish tint, then the leaves are damaged and might fall off in a few weeks. This is based on the appearance of everything, but my eyes aren't as god as they used to be and the camera could have altered the colors somewhat. Flushing certainly won't hurt them... it might slow them down a little if low nutrients are the reason for the look of the plants, but I think the problem is too much nutes, not a lack of them. Just my opinion.

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Just a complete watering, she perked up after the watering, I thought she was on the mend..

Shes not due for water for another day or so. I’ll try and flush her good and see how she responds

Seriesnuns

Seriesnuns

Flushed a couple gallons of PH water. Also gave her trim. She’s really greened up and taking water again.

Thanks for the tips and info! I’m amazed the ups and downs is these plants!

7E706AAC 1932 4867 8B3E F0197CFB4AB7
FTCG

FTCG

Drier conditions can cause the plant to drink too much and uptake to much nutrients. Keep that in mind as well.

Whenever I see yellowing like this, I increase the humidity a bit and they always green up.

Essentially by saturating the soil, you have also raise the humidity around the plant, and slowed its uptake of nutrients.

Find the balance.

Reactions: Ina
Ina

Ina

When you transplant better don't use the soil mix bone dry because after that the plant's roots cant make connection with it and watering problems appear.The watering and soaking was the only problem here,now it looks way better.You can clean all the yellow leaves now and improve the watering,may be some root stimulator could also help.

Top Bottom