STRESS

• Thread starter GroundPounder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GroundPounder

GroundPounder

So it seems stressing the girls is always mentioned...
anything and everything suggested to do , applies stress !
I find that stress improves the veg stage (kept to a common sense level).fim procedure / topping / clipping / training.
I experienced storms and my clumsiness...having from bottom branch to 2.5' branches break- separate...plants keep on rocking...albeit my plants are 8 weeks into veg with 8 more to go.I believe / find veg stage to be a self repair stage.
Flower time is NO NO
Stress in flower can cause seeds.
Good luck
Happy Harvest

weedtech

weedtech

Supporter
I sorta think the stress thing is very dependent on the individual and I question the results claimed. My experience with stress is triggering phenotypes that aren't always all that awesome. I don't think its a particularly good idea unless you have all other things dialed in so recovery isn't taking away from the process in a significant way.

GroundPounder

GroundPounder

I sorta think the stress thing is very dependent on the individual and I question the results claimed. My experience with stress is triggering phenotypes that aren't always all that awesome. I don't think its a particularly good idea unless you have all other things dialed in so recovery isn't taking away from the process in a significant way.
Well the photo of GDP shows the scar.
The plants come from a friend indoor grower (basement bud)-(clones)...as I progress I will take pics of scars / 8 weeks of veg and 8 more to go (out door) topped,trained,fim
GDP , PA , Rhino , PK , Blueberry.
Using Jack's 20-20-20

GroundPounder

GroundPounder

GDP

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My experience also. Some types of stress can beneficial at specific times and others are not. Most of the time IME not beneficial. I think the type of stress is the important thing and most types are not good at any point.

Tldr type of stress is important. Most of the time plants would be better without.

GroundPounder

GroundPounder

My experience also. Some types of stress can beneficial at specific times and others are not. Most of the time IME not beneficial. I think the type of stress is the important thing and most types are not good at any point.

Tldr type of stress is important. Most of the time plants would be better without.
Keep in mind that it was mother nature inflicted.
I also spend minimum of 5+ hours a day in my outdoor garden.
any and all constructive input openly welcomed...
I am here with open mind ✌

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I like to think about it as compared to the human body. When you lift weights you are inducing stress on your muscles, joints and ligaments. If given a chance to recuperate you’ll build muscle. But if you overextend yourself and break your arm that’s bad stress and you’ll go backwards for quite some time until you can make progress again.

Plants operate similarly in that the right type and amount of stress at the right time can be beneficial but too much stress or when administered at the wrong time can lead to catastrophe.

In general I like to give my plants as cushy of a life as possible. I do some LST to fill my canopy but otherwise I want the plant to flourish as much as possible. Canopy management is really the only time I introduce stress on purpose but that’s to maximize my yield within a confined footprint.

Latest posts

Top Bottom