Stressed plant with black spots and purple branches

• Thread starter BlueberryNewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Hi! I need some advice about this…

I can’t understand the stress reason, the leaves are not as green as I would like, they are slightly yellow, the branches are purple, there are black spots on the leaves and some tips are dry, the new and small leaves look slightly purple as in the photo… I noticed that the black spots are more evident when I increase the light intensity, but it could be a coincidence... I initially thought of a need for calmag as I have already been advised, but last time I added up to 4 times the manufacturer's recommended dose (2.5ml / L calmab by biobizz) and it doesn't seem to change much… I use distilled water, I add calmag to get to 160ppm from 20 ppm

Stressed plant with black spots and purple branches
Stressed plant with black spots and purple branches 2
Stressed plant with black spots and purple branches 3
Stressed plant with black spots and purple branches 4
Stressed plant with black spots and purple branches 5
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Why would you use 4x the recommended dose?

What medium are you using?
Nutrients being used?
How often are you watering?
Temps?
Humidity?

That plant looks severely deficient.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Why would you use 4x the recommended dose?

What medium are you using?
Nutrients being used?
How often are you watering?
Temps?
Humidity?

That plant looks severely deficient.
Bcs the first time was totally deficient, I have already made a post about it where they told me to add calmag, so i added 1,2ml (quantity recommended for deficiencies), i don’t think i noticed a better result, the second time i added 2ml, but my branches went purple, thirth time 2,5ml and this is the result.
Im growing in soil (1/3 batmix and 2/3 growmix by plagron with 0,5g top crop vulcan/Liter)
For 1L water I add:
2 ml nirvana, rhino skin, sensyzim by advanced nutrients
1 ml bud candy by AN
4ml root juice by bio bizz
4ml fish mix by biobizz (5-1-4)
4 ml seaweed juice (1% N only)
1 ml ph up biobizz (humic acids)
calmag biobizz, at this poit idk how much to use
aloe juice I made my self (about +50ppm).

Temps are 20 to 23 °C, up to 26°C if CO2 generator is turned on. 18°C during night.
Humidity 60/70%. Sometimes it is 35%, but for just an hour because i have to fill the humidifier again.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

I was wondering, what if it's an excess of calcium causing other elements to lock out?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Seems like you've got a lot going on and are just throwing everything under the sun at them. More is less! Really hard to narrow down what the exact problem is at this point tbh.

Pick a basic nutrient solution/line and stick with something simple like a 4-4-4 for veg and 2-8-4 for bloom. You don't need 8-10 products and it would seem that it is just complicating things. Your temps are really low and you should be at 26-30 with lights on - a 10 degree swing is fine for night. You haven't said if you are using tap water, well water, RO water, distilled water or what not. You can add magnesium with plain epsom salts. Most tap water contains enough Calcium and Magnesium where you don't need to supplement. And if you do just add some epsom salts to a feed.

You can grow cannabis in inert soil for 1-2 weeks before having to feed. Less is more.

I was wondering, what if it's an excess of calcium causing other elements to lock out?

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Seems like you've got a lot going on and are just throwing everything under the sun at them. More is less! Really hard to narrow down what the exact problem is at this point tbh.

Pick a basic nutrient solution/line and stick with something simple like a 4-4-4 for veg and 2-8-4 for bloom. You don't need 8-10 products and it would seem that it is just complicating things. Your temps are really low and you should be at 26-30 with lights on - a 10 degree swing is fine for night. You haven't said if you are using tap water, well water, RO water, distilled water or what not. You can add magnesium with plain epsom salts. Most tap water contains enough Calcium and Magnesium where you don't need to supplement. And if you do just add some epsom salts to a feed.

You can grow cannabis in inert soil for 1-2 weeks before having to feed. Less is more.
Thank you for advice! my temps were higher before, always 27/28°C, but now gas is too expencive in my country... anyway I said it in the first post, I'm using distilled water, and I can say, I've always used my tap water (200ppm water) and I've never had problems with it, but maybe for micobrial life distilled is a way better even if I let water stay still for some days before I water my plants. I started having problems with distilled water, but maybe that's a coincidence since I bought better led lights.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Thank you for advice! my temps were higher before, always 27/28°C, but now gas is too expencive in my country... anyway I said it in the first post, I'm using distilled water, and I can say, I've always used my tap water (200ppm water) and I've never had problems with it, but maybe for micobrial life distilled is a way better even if I let water stay still for some days before I water my plants. I started having problems with distilled water, but maybe that's a coincidence since I bought better led lights.

I had issues when switching from my tap water to RO water - wasn't supplementing Cal or Mag. Distilled water is similar in that there are no trace minerals in the water so your plants will be lacking. My advice is to stick with your tap water if your plants aren't having issues with it. No reason to switch to distilled if it wasn't broken before.

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

Damage done on many leaves is not always correctable . The leaf may always appear in same condition .

The correction is often more easily noted in new growth
My new growth has purple tips for some reason

BlueberryNewbie

BlueberryNewbie

I had issues when switching from my tap water to RO water - wasn't supplementing Cal or Mag. Distilled water is similar in that there are no trace minerals in the water so your plants will be lacking. My advice is to stick with your tap water if your plants aren't having issues with it. No reason to switch to distilled if it wasn't broken before.
yeah I think I'll just switch back to my tap water, but isn't it bad for living soil with all these chlorates and phosphates?
ps: I didn't add any calmag this time, i'll water again next week as always... I hope to see some changes, it doesn't look good at all.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

yeah I think I'll just switch back to my tap water, but isn't it bad for living soil with all these chlorates and phosphates?
ps: I didn't add any calmag this time, i'll water again next week as always... I hope to see some changes, it doesn't look good at all.
Might be a good idea to get some other seeds popped at this point and start getting a baseline going for your next grows. Tap water is perfectly fine for organic grows and living soils. Every city and place is going to have different tap water so just check yours and make sure it's okay/see how your plants do with it. I fill up 18L jugs with tap water and let them sit for 24 hours before I use in my plants.

You'll be surprised how far you can go from seed with a proper medium and just tap water. They only need additional feeding around week 2-3 and at that point you should be transplanting anyways so 2 birds 1 stone.

Top Bottom