Stretch is over... here come the buds!

• Thread starter coherent
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
coherent

coherent

1 Maui Wowie, 2 Bubble Gum, 1 Green Crack. Just started 3rd week of flower. Surprised at the early frostiness on this grow. Hope that means good things to come!

Stretch is over here come the buds

Stretch is over here come the buds 2

HarryHood

HarryHood

1 Maui Wowie, 2 Bubble Gum, 1 Green Crack. Just started 3rd week of flower. Surprised at the early frostiness on this grow. Hope that means good things to come!

View attachment 1093547
View attachment 1093550
right on! looks awesome!

are they auto's? i've got a fast bud og bubblegum seed that i'm planning on starting in a few weeks after my current grow is done and was curious as to how finicky that strain is to grow?

coherent

coherent

are they auto's?

No all are feminized photos. The Bubblegum is an easy grow. at least the photos are. I've never tried the auto version. Vegged all these for about 8 weeks. The Maui Wowie is the back left. First time I've grown the strain and they grow tall fast and had to super crop the two tallest branches not long after the switch to flower. Was amazed how little effect super cropping had on the plant. It simply repaired the break/bend within a couple days and pressed on without a hiccup. The tall branch you see is one of the ones super cropped and it's top stretched again even after folding it over nearly a foot.

HarryHood

HarryHood

No all are feminized photos. The Bubblegum is an easy grow. at least the photos are. I've never tried the auto version. Vegged all these for about 8 weeks. The Maui Wowie is the back left. First time I've grown the strain and they grow tall fast and had to super crop the two tallest branches not long after the switch to flower. Was amazed how little effect super cropping had on the plant. It simply repaired the break/bend within a couple days and pressed on without a hiccup. The tall branch you see is one of the ones super cropped and it's top stretched again even after folding it over nearly a foot.
wow! that's a tough plant. actually had a branch break off one of my auto banana daddy's from ethos. my mastiff weighs 250+ lbs and his tail whacked it almost clean off! i thought i was screwed, but like your plant this thing repaired itself and looks great! packing on buds and weight like a champ. got a little over 3 weeks to go with it

good to hear that the bubblegum is an easy grow

coherent

coherent

Why you didn't defoliate ?

I did, a day or two after the photos were taken and then just did a little more. Didn't get extreme. Mostly the lower larger fan leaves and then those upper leaves blocking the bud sites. I may do so again in a week or more. Flowers are fattening up nicely but still a ways to go.

NewGrowerer

NewGrowerer

How late in flower can I remove the bottom shit that won't grow and defoliate?

coherent

coherent

How late in flower can I remove the bottom shit that won't grow and defoliate?

As late as you want really. Some folks defoliate a week or so prior to the 12/12 switch so they have time to recover. I've never seen any obvious effects needing recovery personally as long as you don't get carried away... and then again about 3 weeks into flower. By then you can see where the flowers are forming. Get rid of most of the lower biggest fan leaves that are using up energy that you want to direct to flowering and also any others that are blocking the lower bud sites so they can get some light. You can clip any leaves you want as needed as flowering continues. Some folks then specifically defoliate again just before they flush if that's their preference. I'm not a firm believer a flush does any good (I know, I know some folks swear by it) so I don't do any specific defoliation nearer harvest. If you've done a bit here and there as needed during late veg and during flower there shouldn't really be a need.

Latest posts

Top Bottom