Strong medicine for pain management

• Thread starter LaVirtue
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LaVirtue

LaVirtue

I am trying to grow the strongest medicine possible for a family member who suffers from a lot of back pain. What can I do to increase the THC levels in my grows?
Any recommendations for good strains for pain?

coherent

coherent

Start with a strain that has known high THC/CBD levels. That's prob the most important. Other than that a good light and proper feeding and watering is about all you need! You may want to do some research. I've read that the best for pain is strains that have an equal balance of THC and CBD. The balance supposedly helps reduce inflammation, which ultimately reduces pain and stress. In my experience tho, high THC alone sure seems to do a fine job on it's own!

Last edited:
LaVirtue

LaVirtue

Start with a strain that has known high THC/CBD levels. That's prob the most important. Other than that a good light and proper feeding and watering is about all you need! You may want to do some research. I've read that the best for pain is strains that have an equal balance of THC and CBD. The balance supposedly helps reduce inflammation, which ultimately reduces pain and stress. In my experience tho, high THC alone sure seems to do a fine job on it's own!

Thank you for your reply ! I have this one strain, Prayer Pupil, that is supposed to be up to 30%, but it was not that strong even though I am trying to give it the best nutrients, soil, snd light that I can. I just wonder what I am doing wrong ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thank you for your reply ! I have this one strain, Prayer Pupil, that is supposed to be up to 30%, but it was not that strong even though I am trying to give it the best nutrients, soil, snd light that I can. I just wonder what I am doing wrong ?
Start a grow thread and post all info and farmers will help!

I’ll also add that just because the high thc content doesn’t necessarily mean good pain relief I would encourage you to try different things, for me - multi strain dabs do the trick.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This would take several books worth of info to unpack this. Seriously. Maybe that would be a good place to start - read a grow book from cover to cover. Ed Rosenthal is a crowd favorite but there are plenty of good ones. Once you have a basic understanding of how a pro would approach this and you are not getting good results, we can help you figure out why.

As far as pain goes, that is a deeply personal thing. What works for you may not work for me. What have you tried and what success have you had so far?

Pippins

Pippins

I started growing indoors again for this same reason-pain relief. I got hit with very fast developing rheumatoid arthritis 2 years ago and since then I've been trying to find the best strains for this issue. One thing is, stronger strains tend to work better, but the THC level isn't everything-neither is CBD. A couple of stand out strains for me are Kali China by Ace, and Rainbow Belts by Archive, if you need a place to start. You def need GOOD genetics, and strains that are terpene bombs seem to help me the most-there is a lot we don't understand about how these terpenes help with various conditions. In terms of potency, genetics and light matter the most, but you need to dial in the rest of your grow of course too. I bought a few Agromax Pure UV lights to see if UV will improve my potency, but I haven't had the chance to try them out yet.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I am trying to grow the strongest medicine possible for a family member who suffers from a lot of back pain. What can I do to increase the THC levels in my grows?
Any recommendations for good strains for pain?
What kind of pain? Muscle? Nerve? Pain relief is different for everyone as pain experience is different for everyone. Indicas typically offer good pain relief, but sativas can as well. I'd also look into making RSO. It's kind of the heal all. Reduces inflammation, great pain relief, helps with sleep, anti cancer, etc. As someone mentioned, combining CBD with THC can be a good idea. I'd recommend a full spectrum CBD tincture combined with cannabis. Find a ratio that works. Some people like 1:1 for pain relief. Some like 10:1, again, everyone is different.

LaVirtue

LaVirtue

What kind of pain? Muscle? Nerve? Pain relief is different for everyone as pain experience is different for everyone. Indicas typically offer good pain relief, but sativas can as well. I'd also look into making RSO. It's kind of the heal all. Reduces inflammation, great pain relief, helps with sleep, anti cancer, etc. As someone mentioned, combining CBD with THC can be a good idea. I'd recommend a full spectrum CBD tincture combined with cannabis. Find a ratio that works. Some people like 1:1 for pain relief. Some like 10:1, again, everyone is different.

Thanks, it's my 75 year old Dad, who has had 2 hip replacements and several back surgeries. He has a titanium rod in his back. The back surgeries never really helped and actually made him worse. I guess it's mostly nerve pain, but he is all hunched over so it's probably muscle and joint pain as well. He goes to physical therapy and keeps his weight down, but he's kind of a mess. He is also cranky and unwilling to try new things. He tends to do better with indicas, as he has anxiety and when getting these really high-test THC strains, he has had a few bad anxiety reactions. He is not getting sativas anymore. He's been smoking all his life. He has tried RSO, but maybe I can get him to try it again.

I was just trying to save him some money, since he will only get the high-test and its always the most expensive.

Top Bottom