Strong smell despite tent size, filter and exhaust fan

• Thread starter GreenZone
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Murdawg420

Murdawg420

Just as a thought in passing, maybe try reversing the flow..
Or get another can and save that one for a pre-filter for your intake;) (AC Infinity carbon cans are supposed to work both ways, in or out)

Chem77

Chem77

I use a 6” phresh brand for a 6’ by 10’ . Works pretty good, I have a wife also lol.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yeah I’ve got it exhausting to outside the tent. Would you consider exhausting back in after the air has been scrubbed?
Exhaust to the outside of your house is what I was implying. Is that an option?

HippiHemuli

HippiHemuli

I think your filter is clogged or just end of life, how long that filter is used? I have in 80x80x180 tent 200-247m3h fan and 500m3h carbon filter (Phresh brand) running now 24/7 9 months (3 rounds) still no smell and passive intake too. I dont know american units well but is 4' = about 200m3h? If your filter and fan is both sized 4' then maybe one more bigger filter should do job and bigger filter last longer too.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Hey IamN2pot,

what is your current setup looking like? I’ve calculated the CFMs for my area, tent size, hoses, etc. and the numbers come out where I’m net positive by a significant amount, but I don’t know if I should just shell out the cash for a 6” fan instead. Here’s my current setup.
Your fan is obviously strong enough since you can see the effect of the negative pressure.
If you're pulling air through the filter too fast, the filter can't scrub.
If the CFM of your fan is greater than the filter, the filter will not work very well.
The filter should be rated at a higher, or equal to CFM than the fan. If you have that going on, you may need a new filter

TrichomeLicker

TrichomeLicker

Not sure how fast you have your fan running but try turning it down as low as you can while still keeping negative pressure.

If you push or pull air too quickly through the carbon filter,it will not do its job properly and you will be left with smell getting through.

I've been running my filter and fan 24/7 for about a year and a half and no problems.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
You can add a reducing collar 4" - 6". Gives you a larger surface area for the carbon.

IMG 0085

jj

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Many do not realize how much of a role humidity plays in the efficiency of a carbon filter and the quality of the carbon used.

The higher the humidity the less efficient the filter will be
Absolutely. In Col the filters seemed to last forever, and it was much easier to eliminate all oders. It seems in a humid environment even the best filter fan combo will still leave a vegetation smell. It does the job for the most part, but when the humidity rapidly raises (lights off/on) I could have a 10-15 minute period of that smell.
Still if the fan is blowing too fast for the filter, you might think your filter is bad.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolutely. In Col the filters seemed to last forever, and it was much easier to eliminate all oders. It seems in a humid environment even the best filter fan combo will still leave a vegetation smell. It does the job for the most part, but when the humidity rapidly raises (lights off/on) I could have a 10-15 minute period of that smell.
Still if the fan is blowing too fast for the filter, you might think your filter is bad.
Bang on brother

MercDod

MercDod

How old is your filter? AC Infinity replaced mine when I asked about buying replacement charcoal as it was less than 2 years old. If your under that time limit and can show you bought ( I had amazon record) send them an email. They replaced mine and I put my old one in the same box and sent it back to them at their expense. Great customer service for me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom