Stumped with this one, could use some help.

• Thread starter coeusk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MeechDGAF

MeechDGAF

I just bumped up the nutes to 1200us and its sitting at a 5.6pH
I'm sure it doesn't matter a whole lot but 5.8 is probably the lowest you'll want to go. I ran lucas formula when I grew in soil with GH but not the 3 part, I used flora nova bloom, floralicious plus, liquid Kool bloom plus a few other additives. Had fairly good results giant buds may have just been the strain too but I really dislike mixing liquids nutes. I switched to jacks and now use floraflex and feed around 3.0ec all the way through no cal mag and have great results and no phantom issues.

Snapchat 1673521820
Snapchat 747371211
3 balls

3 balls

I'm sure it doesn't matter a whole lot but 5.8 is probably the lowest you'll want to go. I ran lucas formula when I grew in soil with GH but not the 3 part, I used flora nova bloom, floralicious plus, liquid Kool bloom plus a few other additives. Had fairly good results giant buds may have just been the strain too but I really dislike mixing liquids nutes. I switched to jacks and now use floraflex and feed around 3.0ec all the way through no cal mag and have great results and no phantom issues.
Looking good Smokey.

j1sonbrother

j1sonbrother

Supporter
I'll admit I'm not a fan of the Lucas formula to begin with. It's complete, but it's not balanced imho.. that said, it should have plenty of calcium in it so that combined with that tap water, you will have enough. Adding 230ppm of calmag is definitely adding too much calcium, I wouldn't be surprised if your total Ca is in excess of 200-250ppm. Should be closer to 100-150 total.

Calmag in general should only be used if you see a deficiency. And even then there are better options for correcting that.

Plants that age, I would just use your tap water, and bring ppm up to about 750 TOTAL. More isn't better. They just need enough of the right stuff in the right proportions.
DB,I am using Pbg+ pb soil bloom in one gal coco with LED(tap water: around100ppm)
I plan to feed 0.75g/gal Epson salts around week 4-7 flower. Does this need to be added first? Or wait until dissolved it to 0.8-0.9 EC ?
Btw, How much calmag do I need to feed in Veg,100-150ppm calmag?
(70/30 ratios are awesome )

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
DB,I am using Pbg+ pb soil bloom in one gal coco with LED(tap water: around100ppm)
I plan to feed 0.75g/gal Epson salts around week 4-7 flower. Does this need to be added first? Or wait until dissolved it to 0.8-0.9 EC ?
Btw, How much calmag do I need to feed in Veg,100-150ppm calmag?
(70/30 ratios are awesome )
With that tap water and pbp you shouldnt need much calmag if any. Maybe 1-2ml per gal tops. If that. I use very similar water and have never needed calmag with pbp, but you do use LED which might change that. I've read anecdotes about LED requiring more Ca but I dont really know.
As for Epsom salt, doesn't really matter when you add it. Before or after nutes doesn't make a difference.

coeusk

coeusk

No prob. I'm 90% sure that's your problem.
Honestly, last bit of a nudge here.. the best thing you could do is replace the Calmag with the third bottle of Grow and just use the 3 part as it was designed to be used with regular tap water. Would almost certainly fix all your problems and you'd be working with the same number of bottles still. But I think just dropping the calmag would fix thing up too.

If you really want simplicity, switch to a complete balanced one part nutrient line like Botanicare pure blend pro, or Dyna-gro Foliage pro. It doesn't get any more simple. And neither requires any Calcium supplementation whatsoever.
It was definitely the CalMag. Changed out my res using only tap water, peroxide and nutes now. After a two days she is looking great. New Growth doesn't have any spots, older damaged growth stop spreading and she is growing faster then before.

Dirtbag..... Thank you sir.

IMG 20211118 093318

coeusk

coeusk

Is there any way you can use ro or distilled for now? For sure has a nutrient imbalance since there are no root issues and light is ample. Ill tell you this, I use flora trio with calmag and RO. I start at 7ppm ro, I add calmag to 100pmm. Then you can add your normal ratios on top of that. For where your at, id just use .5ml per gal off all 3 bottles and lower your ec to like .3 or 300ppm.

Id go to walmart and get like 20 gallons of distilled for 20 bucks for now and do what i suggested. Easy fix in my opinion.

I dont go over 400ppm for veg. . ever, using flora trio. Now if you have a bunch of other things your adding let me know. Since your using peroxide I doubt it lol. .

For the first 3 weeks my plants basically get equal ratios of calmag, micro, grow and bloom, prolly not the fastest growth ratio, but i get no issues.
I changed out my res, dropped the calmag so now only using 1:2 ratio of mirco : bloom in tap water and she is thriving. Was definitely a excess of Calcium locking other nutrients out.

H

Hayin_

I am having the same issue with my plant as well the spots appeared over night and have gotten what seems worse today and I’m not sure what could be the issue I am a hydroponic grower

D7BA27E6 D50A 46D8 A109 E839C0613CB6
0774B5FC F83E 4B44 88FB 772FEBDADBBA
Top Bottom