Stunt Growth in seedlings . In search of a solution

• Thread starter goodbye95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
goodbye95

goodbye95

So . 11 days after . i wont go into details about the grow system i currently use since i already posted it in the start of the thread .
I managed to drop my RH to 64 % so these are my current values:

Day Temp 27 C
Night Temp 26 C
Day RH 64 %
Night RH 62 %
Leaf temperature mostly at -2.5 or -3 of ambient Temp. ( Target LVPD 0,7 both day and night )
I also noticed before every watering the leaf Temp has already rised to about -1.5 of ambient temp and after every watering drops again.

I started watering my coco every day keeping it moist at all times
My watering ppm is 300 - 400 and i have a runoff of about 20 % every watering
The growth is SUPER slow and some weird spots are seen on the leaves.
The color of the leaves is just fine but the leaves dont seem to be getting really big in some of the plants . The leafs are small and airy.

I provide photos below

goodbye95

goodbye95

If you cannot recognise the problems on the leafs cause of the quality of the photos i can provide high quality photos of my camera . These are from my phone,

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
I said i was gonna stop helping people cuz they always ALWAYS push back with some constructed expert insight they suddenly learned after reading what i post...then i just leave the master grower to their problem and walk away.
Something is too strong for them...bit high on nitrogen...they arent big enough to drink and process all the N ur giving them...OR it could be some other nute synergistic with Nitrogen...do you know what it means when one nutrient is 'synergistic towards another nutrient? Id like a simple answer but wont hold my breath...ill probably be chastised for my shitty attitude instead.

goodbye95

goodbye95

No problem man. If you commented then i admire than only. I only provide cal mag and 1/4 of grow nutrients.

goodbye95

goodbye95

No problem man. If you commented then i admire than only. I only provide cal mag and 1/4 of grow nutrients.
So do you propose to start flushing for a while? I dont really understand your answer. I am not a pro at all meanwhile otherwise i would be the one answering not the one questioning. Can you please be more specific?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
The NPK of those 300-400ppm should be scrutinized and the ratios looked at. If you are giving it the wrong ratio of 400ppm, that could kill a plant, yes?

goodbye95

goodbye95

The NPK of those 300-400ppm should be scrutinized and the ratios looked at. If you are giving it the wrong ratio of 400ppm, that could kill a plant, yes?
Of course

goodbye95

goodbye95

So what is the plan?

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
So what is the plan?
You need to scrutinize the nutrient composition of what you mix up. If you say

I only provide cal mag and 1/4 of grow nutrients.

and you still see this unhappy plant then what could that mean? Then i say, if you give it the wrong 400ppm it could hurt the plant...you still dont know what ur feeding those plants do you? Ur just mixing milliliters and going back to watching tv? Look at the numbers on the side. Does a juvenille plant need 7-5-4?
Im not gonna answer 'yeah start flushing' ...im gonna give you the logic to find and give me the correct answer on ur own.

goodbye95

goodbye95

You need to scrutinize the nutrient composition of what you mix up. If you say

I only provide cal mag and 1/4 of grow nutrients.

and you still see this unhappy plant then what could that mean? Then i say, if you give it the wrong 400ppm it could hurt the plant...you still dont know what ur feeding those plants do you? Ur just mixing milliliters and going back to watching tv? Look at the numbers on the side. Does a juvenille plant need 7-5-4?
Im not gonna answer 'yeah start flushing' ...im gonna give you the logic to find and give me the correct answer on ur own.
The nutrients i provide have an NPK of 5-1-4

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Does any of those provide cal/mag? Are you adding cal/mag to a mix that is already providing a sufficient amount to those small plants? How much cal/mag does a plant that small need?

goodbye95

goodbye95

Does any of those provide cal/mag? Are you adding cal/mag to a mix that is already providing a sufficient amount to those small plants? How much cal/mag does a plant that small need?
No . According to the manufacturer not any of these nutrients provide cal/mag.

My tap water gives me an EC reading of 0.2
I provide 0.5 cal/mag solution per litre.

Below there is a photo of my dose chart if this helps

IMG 20220907 142429
Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
The nutrients i provide have an NPK of 5-1-4
This is some progress. While some plants generally do ok, ur "phenos" may not like that 5-1-4...maybe your plants like a softer or different composition. I cant answer the precise mix...someone else may be able to but i want you to know you gotta mix variants, take records, notice change....fine tune. That's ur job as the grower, we're not doing ur homework...well, we do this first time, but then ur on ur own. I think ur ratio needs to be fixed...wee hint of overwatering but i suspect that's a correlated symptom. Like ur showing hints of nitrogen tox...and a deficiency.

goodbye95

goodbye95

This is some progress. While some plants generally do ok, ur "phenos" may not like that 5-1-4...maybe your plants like a softer or different composition. I cant answer the precise mix...someone else may be able to but i want you to know you gotta mix variants, take records, notice change....fine tune. That's ur job as the grower, we're not doing ur homework...well, we do this first time, but then ur on ur own. I think ur ratio needs to be fixed...wee hint of overwatering but i suspect that's a correlated symptom. Like ur showing hints of nitrogen tox...and a deficiency.
Thank you for your responses. I do not really know how to do this though. I dont know for example how to to make it 5 - 2 - 4 . I try to be as precise as my current skill can be. Any advice on how to to change effectively my ratio in correlation to what my plants symptoms show me? Any threads or books on that are VERY much appreciated.

Mudballs

Mudballs

Supporter
Maybe you do not know how to do that right now, but i feel you are using the right logic now

Top Bottom