Stunted growth - 4 plants

• Thread starter Adrianoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Adrianoo

Adrianoo

Hi guys,

Got some problems with my plants. They are growing too slow. I know that there are few topics about slow grow at this forum but wanted to see if there is any specific problems with my plants .Here are some info:

Green label: Skunk XL
Blue label: Amnesia haze
Pink: white widow
Small one in the cup is also white widow.

Planted on 31 of Jan straight in canna coco natural and they sprouted 2 days after. They are under 600 HPS dual spectrum lumii light.
Im adding rhizotonic and canna A+B.

At the start I had problems with temp 40C and PH which was really low as had shit ph meter, now temp is about 27C with lights on and watering once a day 250ml each plant 6 ph.

Got no fans at the moment and they started in the last final pot but I think they are too small for their age anyway.

They actually started growing since last week but are too small for their age.

Anyone can have a look and advise?

P.S: small one looks like it is dying

Stunted growth   4 plants
Stunted growth   4 plants 2
Stunted growth   4 plants 3
Stunted growth   4 plants 4
Stunted growth   4 plants 5
Stunted growth   4 plants 6
Stunted growth   4 plants 7
DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

How long ago did you straighten out ph? It can take a week or 2 for little ones to bounce back after ph issues. Just keep giving them proper ph water & give them time, they look stressed but I've done worse & they've been ok, just takes a little time

Ina

Ina

I think this is because of the way you water them.The small plant in the plastic cup is way over watered and the others are kind of under watered ,i mean the medium is not soaked,just the middle.And the roots are growing in the dry media,absolutely dry media cant make contact with the roots .I am not a coco grower but as far as i know you should saturate the coco really good(and feed lightly every time) and never leave it bone dry.Ofcourse they have to dry a little,not to be constantly soaked like the small plant in the cup.

DreamsOfDiesel

DreamsOfDiesel

I think this is because of the way you water them.The small plant in the plastic cup is way over watered and the others are kind of under watered ,i mean the medium is not soaked,just the middle.And the roots are growing in the dry media,absolutely dry media cant make contact with the roots .I am not a coco grower but as far as i know you should saturate the coco really good(and feed lightly every time) and never leave it bone dry.Ofcourse they have to dry a little,not to be constantly soaked like the small plant in the cup.
I was thinking same thing about all that. I've never used coco but it looks pretty dry & the cup is drowning. I'd repot cup 1 in fresh stuff but its risky that young, gotta be careful, I've done it with success though

Haydar1984

Haydar1984

The problem is in the roots, medium and watering ruined the roots , change medium , clean the plants roots from old medium under running water , repot in good soil mix , use root supporting ferts we have something called inicium , humic and fulvic acid are great too for roots ,and if you have auxins hormones they will support new roots growth fast

Adrianoo

Adrianoo

What is wrong with canna coco ? I think this is good medium as read lot about it and lots of people have successfull harvest by using it.

I am using rhizotonic for roots and can see plants start picking up.

I would like to stay with Coco if possible.

Thank you for help guys.

Seraphine

Seraphine

feed every day until you get run off. that's your problem. that coco is way too dry which makes me think it is not being watered daily. coco is not treated the same as soil.

Seraphine

Seraphine

also make sure you have adequate airflow and drainage. if your coco is staying wet too long it's either poor drainage or air flow or both.

Adrianoo

Adrianoo

I think that runoff will drown them as they are young and small. If I will do run off small roots wont be able to drink this much water. I have done a run off once and next day leafes were curling down and yellow.

I will just spray around with water for now and do run off when they are older.

02trueblue

02trueblue

They're fine! They're about to start taking off.

I'd give slightly MORE water, but LESS often. Get the coco nice and moist, then let it slightly dry out. You don't want it saturated like the small cup is. You want moisture content somewhere in between the small cup and the larger pots.

Do you have a small fan blowing on them?

Also, Rhizotonic is the bomb. I love that stuff, although expensive. Worth it.

richismyname

richismyname

Hello, I followed this site for growing with coco and these are the stuff that I did before transplanting the seedling into a bigger pot:
1)Buffer the coco with Calmag of 150% strength and leave it overnight approx 8+ hours (e.g 5ml/gallon > 7.5ml/gallon),some would like double buffer but I tried doing it once and it works fine for me.This is to ensure that the plants has sufficient Calcium & Magnesium bcos coco itself dont carry much nutrients in it https://www.cocoforcannabis.com/how-to-prepare-and-buffer-coco-coir/
2) Once coco is buffered with calmag, mix coco with perlite between 30-50% (e.g if using 5 gallon of coco,add in perlite to an additional percentage above)
3)Once your seedlings has more than 3-4 nodes they are mature enough to be transplanted to a bigger pot by digging a hole in the centre, and here I would recommend adding Mycorrhizae Fungi powder( approx half teaspoon around the hole) to enhance root growth https://mycorrhizae.com/how-it-works/
4) Just water the coco sufficiently and watch them grow!

Top Bottom