Stunted growth during veg? How to fix ?

• Thread starter Vss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vss

Vss

BMG, thank you. Will look into it..

Update please let me know what u guys think after defoliation. They seem to have begun growing.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Very interested in your decision, keep us updated, good luck, will be great if they can recover, i think they might......

Oh yea, one more thing, have you actually seen any mites or indication of pests ?
With a magnifier or loop, microscope.?.......

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Glad to hear you have new growth. That means the Avid is doing it's job.

It's a good product but serves it's best use being top fed shortly after germination. Most mites species will develop an immunity to it with continued usage. But will typically keep your crop clean for the first 45 days.

Pyrethrins work great, the problem with most commonly available products, is that they use Butoxide in tandem which is big no-no if your sticky is being tested for pesticides. Keep that in mind if you go the bombing route again.

Hopefully you get it all sorted out, look forward to updates.

Vss

Vss

Update:

Hit with oyrethreum and avid 3 days apart. Came back several days later after the plants began growing again and it seems to have stopped. Soil is getting dry. Saw mites we’re back so now I’m using plant therapy every other day to rid the problem but the growth is stunted again and the leaves are getting light yellow again and wilting down. It’s crazy bc now the same similarities problem of the plants turning yellow or slowing growth is taking place in another canopy as well. I’m not sure if the problem is my feeding, the lights or what?

Bmg1982

Bmg1982

Update:

Hit with oyrethreum and avid 3 days apart. Came back several days later after the plants began growing again and it seems to have stopped. Soil is getting dry. Saw mites we’re back so now I’m using plant therapy every other day to rid the problem but the growth is stunted again and the leaves are getting light yellow again and wilting down. It’s crazy bc now the same similarities problem of the plants turning yellow or slowing growth is taking place in another canopy as well. I’m not sure if the problem is my feeding, the lights or what?
The best way I can describe a broad mite infestation is like a "zinc deficiency that leads to a magnesium and nitrate lockout" that's when I tend to get out the scope. Other symptoms are leaf barreling, like you would get from lights being too close, and very minute tattering as some of your plants suggest.

The first time I ever encountered these things, I spent weeks chasing my ass around trying to fix all of these deficiencies, when a 50x scope would've saved me a whole lot of hassle, and maybe of saved my grow.

You could be dealing with a whole host of issues, but pests are the only thing I can be certain of from your pics.

Seem to be dealing with environmental issues, and I know using the outdoors for your air intake needs would be the easiest way to introduce pests into your indoor grow, especially if you live in a rural environment. My porch light screwed me.

If you indeed discover broad mites, I've only found success with suffocants, essential oils, and beneficial fungi. Persistence is key. Here is what should be hunting for... Focus your attention to the underside of the fan leaves.
Broad mite and egg

Last edited:
Bmg1982

Bmg1982

... if your plants come out clean, the only thing I can think of is boron...

Worse case scenario would be some real horrible shit like tobacco mosaic virus, or hop latent viroid. Good luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom