Stunted growth? Tent like leaves and tiny plant day 34 since planted directly in soil

• Thread starter Tee95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ph 007

Ph 007

First ever grow, it was planted October 7th but I went away and asked a friend to keep an eye on it and gave them directions, said friend grows lots of things but not cannabis and I come back to a plant that’s been chewed on and lost some leaves, half the stem looks crusty and it just looks raggedy now, in the second pic you’ll see some leaves pop up and are like a tent almost and they weren’t that way when I left. I’m thinking by 4 weeks it should have more going on? I’ve been keeping humidity at about 50-55%, temp is usually at 25°C/77°F, it’s winter where I live so it’s a little dry indoors due to heating but I have humidifier and grow lights and today built a bootleg grow tent and I keep the fan on medium speed to keep fresh air flow going. I don’t think my plant sitter ever put the humidifier on because the water in it looks old and some leaves especially the tent like ones feel crispy and are starting to split or crust at the tips. I use BioBizz indoor pack (just the bio grow for now) and for the leaning I used silicon max, 1ml per 1L water, I have a watering monitor thing but don’t rely on it too much, I just poke a finger down to feel the soil and I usually water every 4 days and add the BioBizz bio grow every watering as directed so what could be my problem? We’re using soil and have perlite and ceramis mixed with the soil. When I got my seeds two had genetic anomalies, one grew a tiny stem and the first two jagged leaf tips were poking out the top but the tiny round leaves weren’t present and the tips showing had a dark crust ring around them like a turtle neck almost and after a month they made no progress, the other one was similar and I was told it’s just poor genetics so I planted this seed and all was going well until my plant sitter got lazy and I’ve come home to this -.- , should’ve taken my plants to my family home in Barbados bet they would’ve done great there 😩 I’ve purchased some pH up/down and a soil monitor just so I can have peace of mind that I’ve covered all areas, I even did lots of research daily for a couple weeks before planting them so I knew what to do but I’m totally stumped here

I’ve got a bunch of other strain seeds at home and have two seedling royal Creamatic and royal Bluematic growing and we’re using the Royal Queen Seeds breathable fabric pots. Thank you for any help and advice offered! I’m in the UK so there may be some products unavailable or hard to get here
Maybe over fed?

When u have plants that small in soil in wouldn't give any feed atall as most soils has enough feed in it for few weeks,
I'd just give water and some root feed , sometimes just water If have no root feed, can't tell difference with or without.
I sometimes Ph but usually my tap water is already 6.4/6.8. , I do like to pH but sometimes i feel lazy, pH not really needed in soil, if the water pH was way off tho then you will have to..

I'd water just a little around the base of the plant every 2-3 days or just one water quite good amount and leave 4-5 days
Then when the roots have had some time to grow like 1-2 weeks I'll bottom feed in soil as its so fucking easy lol, just put water in tray if sucks it all up instantly ill put more till stops sucking it up and leave 2-5 mill in the tray its gone by next day and repeat, or sometimes I don't leave water in the tray and let the soil try a bit more,
Soils likes to get dry, I leave mine get very dry sometimes non problems, if you see plant dropping you know you let it to dry lol and a water should did that then, but its best not to get that dry, specially in flower

Tee95

Tee95

Look on eBay. You can get 2 or 3 led bulbs that screw into standard sockets. They have full spectrum and they would provide enough light for your single plant in your grow tent/box. Just get enough actual watts to be at at least 30w per sq ft. Closer to 50w is best, but it can be done with less than 50w per sq ft.
You can just use inexpensive sockets or individual ones on an extension cord for each bulb. Here's just an example of what i was talking about.

You seem to be in the UK? I don't know what you have over there, but places like Facebook marketplace or eBay, the Offer up app, Craigslist, etc. Look for used grow light's. I see many used lights on any site I look at. I see great deals on lights all the time. Perfect way to save some $ and get more light than you thought you could get at this time. Just some thoughts.
Hey just an update, I got two of the 3 point lights you recommended and my auto is doing great here’s some snaps from today and macro shots of flowers from a couple days ago 😊 ty for the recommendation! It’s been great so far, some people on fb groups said the light wouldn’t cut it for flowering but when I’ve shown them pics of her progress they’ve changed their minds and said maybe it is a decent light after all 🤣

F99E3DA1 36F4 415B 8911 176E6AFF7445
A6D2F7A5 4031 4BE0 AF1D 4B80311293EC
58F740E8 3467 46C6 AAC0 B6718BF892FF
187B2ECA 7338 4D59 8AC1 1F9F8B200069
AEDA8EF6 63A5 407A B77E 30F680E03CAE
951B4DA0 ADB4 4671 BE8A CBFF5169A114
DDDF7CAE 66D6 49A7 B76F CE10295ED9BE
CA2DD9B3 75C3 41BC 9E75 366650CEF024
Tee95

Tee95

Here’s a little updated post, got some better lights (Cannalights LED 600W grow lights model: SMART3522K) 😁 shes on her last 2-3 weeks of flower and getting quite heavy now

F9920CB8 E912 4F0C B876 8EFE4999C24B
E3D17329 8C26 486F B582 EC7619B75CE8
Top Bottom