Stunted growth? Tent like leaves and tiny plant day 34 since planted directly in soil

• Thread starter Tee95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Deke

Deke

Look on eBay. You can get 2 or 3 led bulbs that screw into standard sockets. They have full spectrum and they would provide enough light for your single plant in your grow tent/box. Just get enough actual watts to be at at least 30w per sq ft. Closer to 50w is best, but it can be done with less than 50w per sq ft.
You can just use inexpensive sockets or individual ones on an extension cord for each bulb. Here's just an example of what i was talking about.

You seem to be in the UK? I don't know what you have over there, but places like Facebook marketplace or eBay, the Offer up app, Craigslist, etc. Look for used grow light's. I see many used lights on any site I look at. I see great deals on lights all the time. Perfect way to save some $ and get more light than you thought you could get at this time. Just some thoughts.

Tee95

Tee95

Look on eBay. You can get 2 or 3 led bulbs that screw into standard sockets. They have full spectrum and they would provide enough light for your single plant in your grow tent/box. Just get enough actual watts to be at at least 30w per sq ft. Closer to 50w is best, but it can be done with less than 50w per sq ft.
You can just use inexpensive sockets or individual ones on an extension cord for each bulb. Here's just an example of what i was talking about.

You seem to be in the UK? I don't know what you have over there, but places like Facebook marketplace or eBay, the Offer up app, Craigslist, etc. Look for used grow light's. I see many used lights on any site I look at. I see great deals on lights all the time. Perfect way to save some $ and get more light than you thought you could get at this time. Just some thoughts.
Thanks again! I found the same light on amazon UK so it’ll come Thursday, I’m thinking to keep this raggedy white widow Cynthia in the living room since it’s prob gonna be the size of a Christmas tree car air fresher 😂 I’ll try this light out on my two seedlings and the royal dwarf I just started yesterday

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
First ever grow, it was planted October 7th but I went away and asked a friend to keep an eye on it and gave them directions, said friend grows lots of things but not cannabis and I come back to a plant that’s been chewed on and lost some leaves, half the stem looks crusty and it just looks raggedy now, in the second pic you’ll see some leaves pop up and are like a tent almost and they weren’t that way when I left. I’m thinking by 4 weeks it should have more going on? I’ve been keeping humidity at about 50-55%, temp is usually at 25°C/77°F, it’s winter where I live so it’s a little dry indoors due to heating but I have humidifier and grow lights and today built a bootleg grow tent and I keep the fan on medium speed to keep fresh air flow going. I don’t think my plant sitter ever put the humidifier on because the water in it looks old and some leaves especially the tent like ones feel crispy and are starting to split or crust at the tips. I use BioBizz indoor pack (just the bio grow for now) and for the leaning I used silicon max, 1ml per 1L water, I have a watering monitor thing but don’t rely on it too much, I just poke a finger down to feel the soil and I usually water every 4 days and add the BioBizz bio grow every watering as directed so what could be my problem? We’re using soil and have perlite and ceramis mixed with the soil. When I got my seeds two had genetic anomalies, one grew a tiny stem and the first two jagged leaf tips were poking out the top but the tiny round leaves weren’t present and the tips showing had a dark crust ring around them like a turtle neck almost and after a month they made no progress, the other one was similar and I was told it’s just poor genetics so I planted this seed and all was going well until my plant sitter got lazy and I’ve come home to this -.- , should’ve taken my plants to my family home in Barbados bet they would’ve done great there 😩 I’ve purchased some pH up/down and a soil monitor just so I can have peace of mind that I’ve covered all areas, I even did lots of research daily for a couple weeks before planting them so I knew what to do but I’m totally stumped here

I’ve got a bunch of other strain seeds at home and have two seedling royal Creamatic and royal Bluematic growing and we’re using the Royal Queen Seeds breathable fabric pots. Thank you for any help and advice offered! I’m in the UK so there may be some products unavailable or hard to get here
I'm not sure why you're fighting with lighting choices as I said earlier florescent light gives you what you need and cheap.
https://www.amazon.com/DuroLux-DL84...qid=1573561420&sprefix=t5+flo,aps,172&sr=8-13

Tee95

Tee95

Thanks for all the info! Thought I’d update on my new seedlings using the new lights recommended, they’re a few days old, not leggy and growing really well plus they’re nice and sturdy. I killed the WW Auto as it was raggedy and wouldn’t give a decent yield anyway

AE4FB380 B7BE 4501 9ABE 8A227B62697B
21590E9C A741 4DA9 B832 AA04D34447C8
rogone

rogone

Nice bro , good luck! Whats the new light? I see you didnt listen about not transplanting autos but its ok. Add some perlite to bigger pot.

Deke

Deke

Nice. And you can transplant autos, you just have to know when and be gentle. I'm doing it this next grow, and had to do it this last grow on 2 plants. Neither skipped a beat and filled the larger pot up with roots.
Good luck with the new lights!

Tee95

Tee95

Nice bro , good luck! Whats the new light? I see you didnt listen about not transplanting autos but its ok. Add some perlite to bigger pot.
It’s the fan shape one! Sorry for this late reply, I killed the white widow and did royal bluematic and creamatic from RQS, we’re on week 3 day 2 this pic was a few days ago but they’re in big air pots now, they did pretty well with the transplant but I’m gonna call it beginners luck so my next grow I’ll start them in the final pots just in case I mess up 😅 they’re in waaaaay better condition with the new lights, I changed my soil up to BioBizz light mix and put more perlite round the tops, thanks again for all the help you guys have been life savers!

8B3BDC30 9251 4A54 9E98 FD702AF5DA62
rogone

rogone

Is that sandwich foil? Ive seen many threads about hot spots from that, dunno how much you should worry about that if at all.

Tee95

Tee95

Is that sandwich foil? Ive seen many threads about hot spots from that, dunno how much you should worry about that if at all.
Oh nah lol my neighbour runs a gardening centre/shop and brought me the reflective liner for DIY grow tents, I’ve been helping my little sis who’s a young single new parent and she was homeless so my pockets have been dug through getting her an apartment and helping provide for my niece so I couldn’t afford the tent just yet and had to bootleg it 😩 I did read about hot spots but I keep a fan going and the humidifier on to keep it from over heating or getting dry, I was feeling the box the other day to see if any parts were hotter but it all felt the same to me, I’ll see if I can find the point and shoot thermometer I had a while ago and give it a test to see if any hot spots are there

Tee95

Tee95

Thought I’d post another update for my two autos, even got a macro shot of the royal creamatic, I’ve noticed it has loads of pistills unlike the blue which only has a few but should they be brown-ish at the ends at this stage? It’s not visible to naked eye but with my macro lens that’s when I’ve noticed it 🤔 they’re otherwise healthy and doing great, the cream is a little shorter but I’m assuming it’s the different genetics to the blue. I had a slight light burn/stress on the blue two weeks ago when my light fell hence the patchy lower leaves. I’ve noticed they’ve got their odours now and it’s where you haven’t actually gotta get your nose in them to have a sniff, second you walk in the room you smell it 😅, I give them pH balanced water with biogrow, I got a digital plug timer and they’re on an 18/6 light schedule, temp and rh is kept between 23-26°C and 50%

6EC4B62A 7291 4F5B 9AB3 8105E533FBF2
9448ED25 5D5E 417C B8D7 1964BB933E03
11AE3AB6 A5B1 4C63 B38B C60A0DC2D4F7
12A98EC0 BEA9 45D6 82D5 751D8D57020F
4119F8E3 0158 4F74 A4E0 25C574E1430B
London bud

London bud

If I remember right 25

if I remember right I’ve got a 50W and some spectrum lights with blue/red/blurple but from the vids I’ve watched about growing indoors it says blue light is best for now so I’ve been using that, as it gets cold af in my room (where I’m growing) I got a little spot light to help keep warmth up but I keep it about 2ft away from the plants and we have a fan going at all times to prevent hot air build-up
50w is why your plant is so small. You need to get that little light as close as you can get it to the plant. Just buy a few regular 15w led light bulbs atleast and they will help you massively. Put them literally 3/4inches from the plant.
Check this. These were 23w cfl bulbs kept 3inches away. And that's 2.5oz on her
IMG 7734
IMG 7730

Tee95

Tee95

50w is why your plant is so small. You need to get that little light as close as you can get it to the plant. Just buy a few regular 15w led light bulbs atleast and they will help you massively. Put them literally 3/4inches from the plant.
Check this. These were 23w cfl bulbs kept 3inches away. And that's 2.5oz on her
View attachment 920645View attachment 920647
Thank you! I got a new light since and killed off that white widow and started the two new strains in my pics above, I got the fan light that was mentioned in an amazon link earlier in the thread but I’ll defo get some lights like yours when I get paid next weekend, would there be a specific brand you’d recommend or would any do?

London bud

London bud

Thank you! I got a new light since and killed off that white widow and started the two new strains in my pics above, I got the fan light that was mentioned in an amazon link earlier in the thread but I’ll defo get some lights like yours when I get paid next weekend, would there be a specific brand you’d recommend or would any do?
There just cfl you can buy anywhere. They cost £3 each here in england. I just use them as additional lighting now. Theres much better lights out there but I just wanted to show you what can be done with low watt lights in small spaces. That's how I started growing. Your new plants look good tho

Tee95

Tee95

There just cfl you can buy anywhere. They cost £3 each here in england. I just use them as additional lighting now. Theres much better lights out there but I just wanted to show you what can be done with low watt lights in small spaces. That's how I started growing. Your new plants look good tho
Thanks! I’m in London (East) and there’s a light shop up the road from me so will pop in there in the week, what about this bulb? Funnily enough it came up on recommended buys and says it’s good for seasonal affective disorder which I also have so could kill 2 birds with 1 stone if it’s any good 🤔iBoutique 30W Edison Screw (E27) Energy Saving Light Equivalent Output 150 Watts (Full Spectrum) for SAD Sufferers, Snooker, Pool, Hobbies, Crafts, Photography,Daylight Bulb, 30 W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D1E8P3K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uLS9Db6DNG3VT

London bud

London bud

Thanks! I’m in London (East) and there’s a light shop up the road from me so will pop in there in the week, what about this bulb? Funnily enough it came up on recommended buys and says it’s good for seasonal affective disorder which I also have so could kill 2 birds with 1 stone if it’s any good 🤔iBoutique 30W Edison Screw (E27) Energy Saving Light Equivalent Output 150 Watts (Full Spectrum) for SAD Sufferers, Snooker, Pool, Hobbies, Crafts, Photography,Daylight Bulb, 30 W https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01D1E8P3K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_uLS9Db6DNG3VT
im in East aswel. Stratty! I haven't seen it but it sounds ok going by your description.
You can get the led bulbs or cfl in any big supermarket really, they fit normal light fitting, they're just energy savers. You need a few though and you need them kept close and to trap/focus all the light on the plants to maximise. I like how you got them ones boxed in that help but the more light you add the more heat you get aswel so watch out for that.

Tee95

Tee95

im in East aswel. Stratty! I haven't seen it but it sounds ok going by your description.
You can get the led bulbs or cfl in any big supermarket really, they fit normal light fitting, they're just energy savers. You need a few though and you need them kept close and to trap/focus all the light on the plants to maximise. I like how you got them ones boxed in that help but the more light you add the more heat you get aswel so watch out for that.
I’m in Plaistow 😂 Wonder if we’ve ever bumped into each other 🤣 ty for all the info I’ll go Asda’s or B&Q over the weekend and see if they’ve got any deals going

London bud

London bud

I’m in Plaistow 😂 Wonder if we’ve ever bumped into each other 🤣 ty for all the info I’ll go Asda’s or B&Q over the weekend and see if they’ve got any deals going
Lol small world 😂. were have to link up one afternoon and have a Christmas smoke up if your on it one day

Top Bottom