Stunted growth? Tent like leaves and tiny plant day 34 since planted directly in soil

• Thread starter Tee95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tee95

Tee95

First ever grow, it was planted October 7th but I went away and asked a friend to keep an eye on it and gave them directions, said friend grows lots of things but not cannabis and I come back to a plant that’s been chewed on and lost some leaves, half the stem looks crusty and it just looks raggedy now, in the second pic you’ll see some leaves pop up and are like a tent almost and they weren’t that way when I left. I’m thinking by 4 weeks it should have more going on? I’ve been keeping humidity at about 50-55%, temp is usually at 25°C/77°F, it’s winter where I live so it’s a little dry indoors due to heating but I have humidifier and grow lights and today built a bootleg grow tent and I keep the fan on medium speed to keep fresh air flow going. I don’t think my plant sitter ever put the humidifier on because the water in it looks old and some leaves especially the tent like ones feel crispy and are starting to split or crust at the tips. I use BioBizz indoor pack (just the bio grow for now) and for the leaning I used silicon max, 1ml per 1L water, I have a watering monitor thing but don’t rely on it too much, I just poke a finger down to feel the soil and I usually water every 4 days and add the BioBizz bio grow every watering as directed so what could be my problem? We’re using soil and have perlite and ceramis mixed with the soil. When I got my seeds two had genetic anomalies, one grew a tiny stem and the first two jagged leaf tips were poking out the top but the tiny round leaves weren’t present and the tips showing had a dark crust ring around them like a turtle neck almost and after a month they made no progress, the other one was similar and I was told it’s just poor genetics so I planted this seed and all was going well until my plant sitter got lazy and I’ve come home to this -.- , should’ve taken my plants to my family home in Barbados bet they would’ve done great there 😩 I’ve purchased some pH up/down and a soil monitor just so I can have peace of mind that I’ve covered all areas, I even did lots of research daily for a couple weeks before planting them so I knew what to do but I’m totally stumped here

I’ve got a bunch of other strain seeds at home and have two seedling royal Creamatic and royal Bluematic growing and we’re using the Royal Queen Seeds breathable fabric pots. Thank you for any help and advice offered! I’m in the UK so there may be some products unavailable or hard to get here

Stunted growth tent like leaves and tiny plant day 34 since planted directly in soil
Stunted growth tent like leaves and tiny plant day 34 since planted directly in soil 2
Stunted growth tent like leaves and tiny plant day 34 since planted directly in soil 3
Deke

Deke

That's awful small for a month old. I just had 2 Critical plants do almost the same thing . They grew 14" tall but gave some fine buds. About 3/4oz.each. so I'm glad I didn't pull them .if you have room let them go.

Tee95

Tee95

That's awful small for a month old. I just had 2 Critical plants do almost the same thing . They grew 14" tall but gave some fine buds. About 3/4oz.each. so I'm glad I didn't pull them .if you have room let them go.
Thank you! I had the same thoughts, the newest set of leaves seem to be growing ok and there’s two teeny ones coming up so I’m thinking to leave it and just see what it does, I got a soil/ph/moisture/light meter today, pH was an 8 so put some pH down and got it to a 6, soil was quite wet underneath and slightly damp coming through the bottom of the fabric pot so I’m gonna move to a ceramic pot with drainage holes, I’m gonna have a look at how big it’s roots are as I don’t think they developed well but I ordered some root hormone powder and I’ll put some of that on the roots tomorrow and see if that and adjusting the pH can resolve what I think might be a nutrient block out and poor root growth. Strangely the two white widow autos I had with weird genetic anomalies were from the same blister pack as this current plant and one of them grew the tiniest tap root (wet paper towel in a jar method) maybe no longer than 3cm and that was it after a couple weeks and zero growth I uprooted it to see it was still one tap root no fuzzies around it or any roots branching off and the stem with the tip of the jagged leaves poking out had a dark crust like ring around like a turtle neck so I’m wondering if there was just a bad batch put out by RQS? I’ve not killed this raggedy white widow I named Cynthia (leaves are raggedy like the doll Cynthia in rugrats hair) I’m gonna watch and wait but I’ve started a royal dwarf today with the wet towel method and I turned the soil up a bit on the white widow to bring some moisture to the top so it can dry off just in case it was over watered

Deke

Deke

I'd leave her in the fabric pot, unless you need to up pot her into a larger pot. Also sounds like she is too wet. Over watering might be your issue. Stop watering and let it dry out completely. Then water away from the base of the plant. Make it work for the water, thus building roots.
And ditch those seeds! Lol sounds like a bad batch. I would buy some new ones. No need to grow genetics you know suck !

Tee95

Tee95

What light?
Thats very small for a month.
If I remember right 25
What light?
Thats very small for a month.
if I remember right I’ve got a 50W and some spectrum lights with blue/red/blurple but from the vids I’ve watched about growing indoors it says blue light is best for now so I’ve been using that, as it gets cold af in my room (where I’m growing) I got a little spot light to help keep warmth up but I keep it about 2ft away from the plants and we have a fan going at all times to prevent hot air build-up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'd leave her in the fabric pot, unless you need to up pot her into a larger pot. Also sounds like she is too wet. Over watering might be your issue. Stop watering and let it dry out completely. Then water away from the base of the plant. Make it work for the water, thus building roots.
And ditch those seeds! Lol sounds like a bad batch. I would buy some new ones. No need to grow genetics you know suck !
I'm not seeing anything about the light you're using. It looks to me like you've been growing it under an incandescent bulb, its not getting the wattage it needs. ( just my 2 bits)

Tee95

Tee95

Thanks again! I like to space the waterings out as I know too much water is harmful but I’m assuming my lazy ass friend who I asked to plant sit put a load of water in and left it outdoors or maybe left it out during the rainfall a couple days ago, when I reached the very bottom of the soul I couldn’t believe how wet it was, any more water and the bottom of the fabric pot would probably start to leak. Our agreement was if they plant sit they’d get a good amount of this yield, thinking I might give them a Christmas tree car air freshener for their “hard work” and making my plant look like bloody Cynthia from rugrats 🤣

Tee95

Tee95

I'm not seeing anything about the light you're using. It looks to me like you've been growing it under an incandescent bulb, its not getting the wattage it needs. ( just my 2 bits)

thank you, any brands of lights you’d recommend? Moneys short as I’ve just had 3 pets have surgery and helped a relative with funeral costs :/ I’ll move it downstairs to my living room which gets lots of sun most of the day and see how it does there instead

Tee95

Tee95

Forgot to add since I adjusted the pH this morning the tent leaves seem to have flattened out a good amount

rogone

rogone

She look like my lower growth at day 17 and im worried.. just start over imo

Beztytuu1
Tee95

Tee95

She look like my lower growth at day 17 and im worried.. just start over imo
I was thinking why hasn’t this raggedy b!tch grow much? When I checked back my calendar that’s when I realised it’s waaaaaaaaaay behind

rogone

rogone

Im using 150W HPS for 60x60cm space. You also need ballast to this bulb its much more expensive than bulb alone. Also reflector and white or any other reflective material on walls. You cant just put such low W light in open room above plant. Im sure you can find the Lumen/Space calculator online for cannabis in english. I have only pop ups in my lang so cant link.

Tee95

Tee95

Im using 150W HPS for 60x60cm space. You also need ballast to this bulb its much more expensive than bulb alone. Also reflector and white or any other reflective material on walls. You cant just put such low W light in open room above plant. Im sure you can find the Lumen/Space calculator online for cannabis in english. I have only pop ups in my lang so cant link.
I’ve got reflective bits sorted and built my own DIY tent as was cheaper to buy materials than buying the tent already set up, I’m so slow 🤦🏽‍♀️ I just remembered I do photography and have a bunch of different lights I could maybe sub for until I get paid. One of the lights I have has up to 5500k lux white light 🤔 if this won’t do then I’ll buy some different lights next pay day

rogone

rogone

You should start over and get same effect in 11 days with good ph ,air exchange and light. Also guys here teached me that seedling dont need any nutriens for about 3 weeks or more. Depends on soil. My soil is lightmix with nutes for week so i have to feed bit earlier. Whats your soil? Idk about the white light.... She need blue spectrum for vege and yellow for bloom. HPS is yellow but thats enough for full grow.You can always add little bit of blue but im not goin to because i saw other people effects and its not much of a difference

rogone

rogone

If you want to grow 1 plant just build box idk.. 25x25 and you can get away with few cheap bulbs like this . Box should be all reflective not just bits.. I think best is mat white not like sandwich foil..because hot spots can burn plant. Also reflector is a must ,you can diy it. Do research on these cheap bulb to get best effect i just linked random.

rogone

rogone

You can use something like DUAL CFL for 1 or 2 plants. But its not true wat so like 125W cfl = 75/80W do research. Just like the bulbs i linked before.

Wpid light spectrum table e1359558808151
Last edited:
rogone

rogone

Also you using like bonus spectrum/led lights? Dont trust this chinese cheap trash. Most likely W is wrong and for sure LUX is way higher than it really is. My led strip behind desk is better😅😅

Latest posts

Top Bottom