Stunted Growth - Yellowing of Leaves (Outdoor Natural Grow)

• Thread starter newnygrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
newnygrower

newnygrower

Hey THC Farmer Community,
I've always been intrigued with plants (bio chem major) so I decided to give growing a try, I smoke often so I grabbed some seeds from a recent batch and planted them around may (I live in NY and its currently summer.

I have 3 plants. They all seem to be in the flowering stage. All planted together in a half wooden barrel planter. (I know, big no no, isnt this a newbies channel??)
Currently watering plants with tap water =( .
Soil: Natural from back yard
Light: Sun Light
Feed: None

Plant 1: About 1 foot tall, 4 main branches with buds, Holes in leaves.
Plant 2:
6 inches tall, 3 main branches with buds, yellowing leaves, yellowish tint.
Plant 3:
3 inches tall, 1 main branch, very small size compared with other 2 plants.

I also attached a picture of a litte bug that I pulled off a leaf, Spider Mite?
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 11

What can I do to fix the problems listed in red here? Thank you!!
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 10

All plants1111
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 2
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 3
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 4
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 5

Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 8
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 9

-- New NY Grower

Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 6
Stunted growth   yellowing of leaves outdoor natural grow 7
socks4free

socks4free

To be honest I don't think there is much you can do for this grow. It's a bit late for that but you can learn and use that info for the next one.

you don't want to just use the natural soil in your yard. The vast majority of soil if not all will not be well suited to growing Marijuana, the big issues being bad drainage and improper nutrient ratio. So if you want to be able to just add water you'll need to find a good organic living soil and let the microbes feed the plant for you. Or you can grow in other mediums but you'll then have to add nutrients as you go.

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

When you say you planted them "around May" is that when you germinated the seeds or when you planted them outside?
Also are we talking early, mid or late May?

That soil you got, it looks exceptionally weed free; have you been doing that? If no weeds are growing in mineral soil you dug up, I'd be concerned about its fertility.

newnygrower

newnygrower

When you say you planted them "around May" is that when you germinated the seeds or when you planted them outside?
Also are we talking early, mid or late May?

That soil you got, it looks exceptionally weed free; have you been doing that? If no weeds are growing in mineral soil you dug up, I'd be concerned about its fertility.
Hey Pauli, thank you. I planted the seeds in early may, first week. They were originally planted the seeds in a small pot that was mobile enough to move around my backyard. The soil is very fertile from my gardn, there were plenty of weeds that i took out.

55188BFD A907 4B85 BE9D 0C9275305737
3FE80E9B 3884 45B1 A346 226CE7C71340

Last edited:
newnygrower

newnygrower

To be honest I don't think there is much you can do for this grow. It's a bit late for that but you can learn and use that info for the next one.

you don't want to just use the natural soil in your yard. The vast majority of soil if not all will not be well suited to growing Marijuana, the big issues being bad drainage and improper nutrient ratio. So if you want to be able to just add water you'll need to find a good organic living soil and let the microbes feed the plant for you. Or you can grow in other mediums but you'll then have to add nutrients as you go.
Thanks, im clearly very new at this, When you were first growing, what were the best resources to learn from?

Thanks again for taking the time to chime in!

socks4free

socks4free

Not
Thanks, im clearly very new at this, When you were first growing, what were the best resources to learn from?

Thanks again for taking the time to chime in!
When I started growing I had a friend helping me out who's been growing for 20+ years so that's where I learned alot but the rest I've learned from here and Google. You will read alot of stuff that contradicts something else you have read so make sure your sources are reliable and double check everything before taking any actions.

Top Bottom