Stunted seedling, new micro grow, please help

• Thread starter Snapper37
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snapper37

Snapper37

Hello folks! I’m new to posting here, But looking for a little advice on my struggling seedling. I’ve tried so many things but it seems my early mistakes have running the future for this plant.

(quick summary skip to last paragraph)

(I mixed in miracle grow perlite for my starting soil. Pretty sure the plant had nute lock from the start)

The plant has had many environment changes but for weeks now it has been in a recycling bin micro grow set up. The tiny play is about 5 weeks old and the leafs just started turning yellow yesterday on it. She wasn’t growing but wasn’t dying for a while (cause of my constant changes to counteract my huge lack of knowledge)

I’d say I’m pretty knowledgeable now thanks to this forums and hours of internet searches.

The ph is 6.5 rn
I spray down grow bin every hour it feels like just to keep the RH up.
I still keep the plant around a clear solo cup with a small hole on top (I keep misted)
I changed it out of solo cup to bigger pot for get rid of most the perlite and just today added another inch of soil on top of the plant and added a tiny amount of nutes.

This plant is 5 weeks old and it has had many mistakes done in its early life preventing its growth. Just yesterday the leaves changed and it started to eat it self. Not sure what to do please help!! Any questions about my micro grow set up or questions about the plants history I’d love to respond promptly.

CE279FDE 440C 4D28 9A81 2BA25CD5698C
BD010764 BBCA 499D BB37 5016DBC57D78
Snapper37

Snapper37

The seedling spent a lot of time stretching because my ph was wrong. When I transplanted the first time I don’t thing it had any roots. I’ve been babying this plant every single day. Like I said ive don’t thing to combat the problems. I would see good results after big changes for short periods of time.. then it would quickly go back to struggling.

It definitely needs some proper nutrients that I’m scared to give it. (Hard to find info on how to feed such a tiny plant with nutrient and ph ptsd).

Nugg

Nugg

No nutes !no nutes !no nutes!..5 weeks.? Just dump it..you could have started over 5 times and been further ahead... seedlings don't need anything but some water for first couple weeks....keep it simple..go get regular pot soil and water..IDK what u have for water..

Snapper37

Snapper37

No nutes !no nutes !no nutes!..5 weeks.? Just dump it..you could have started over 5 times and been further ahead... seedlings don't need anything but some water for first couple weeks....keep it simple..go get regular pot soil and water..IDK what u have for water..
Hi, thank you!
Due to the bad balances in the brining I had to flush everything. I’ve been using my tap water it’s pretty good quality.
I haven’t fed it any nutes except 3 times.
1st time (about 3 1/2 weeks in)- fed to much and flushed shorty after
2nd time (4 weeks in)- gave a tiny amount and then had those 6 tiny leaves grow the next day (looked like bites helped it there)

and then the third was a tiny tiny amount today on top of the new soil.

I realize that I should grow new but as my first plant I wanted to get as much experience as I could overcoming problems so it doesnt

HiDaze

HiDaze

Hello folks! I’m new to posting here, But looking for a little advice on my struggling seedling. I’ve tried so many things but it seems my early mistakes have running the future for this plant.

(quick summary skip to last paragraph)

(I mixed in miracle grow perlite for my starting soil. Pretty sure the plant had nute lock from the start)

The plant has had many environment changes but for weeks now it has been in a recycling bin micro grow set up. The tiny play is about 5 weeks old and the leafs just started turning yellow yesterday on it. She wasn’t growing but wasn’t dying for a while (cause of my constant changes to counteract my huge lack of knowledge)

I’d say I’m pretty knowledgeable now thanks to this forums and hours of internet searches.

The ph is 6.5 rn
I spray down grow bin every hour it feels like just to keep the RH up.
I still keep the plant around a clear solo cup with a small hole on top (I keep misted)
I changed it out of solo cup to bigger pot for get rid of most the perlite and just today added another inch of soil on top of the plant and added a tiny amount of nutes.

This plant is 5 weeks old and it has had many mistakes done in its early life preventing its growth. Just yesterday the leaves changed and it started to eat it self. Not sure what to do please help!! Any questions about my micro grow set up or questions about the plants history I’d love to respond promptly.

Hate to say it but 5 weeks for that looks a little rough. I think the last guy nailed it on the head - could have started over several times.

That being said - shes not dead. Transplant into a "normal" medium and let her work through veg without any crazy tweaking for a couple weeks. Stay away from any miracle grow product and get yourself an organic soil with worm castings. You shouldnt need veg nutes in soil unless you're in a container too small for the plant or specifically aiming for a longer veg time for training (sometimes the two 0lay together)

Summary: transplant -> recover -> switch to bloom and apply nutes.

Nugg

Nugg

Tap water is great..that's what I use..but still no nutes..the soil already has to much...I say start over because it more then likely never recover or just take to long... easier to start over until u get it right..as in tap water,me it's well water..not city..

Last edited:
HiDaze

HiDaze

Also - stop using tap water. That crap is loaded with trace minerals and (if you're in the US) chlorine. Chlorine wipes out the microbial life within your soil which stunts your root system. Unhealthy roots = poor nutrient uptake.

Snapper37

Snapper37

Also - stop using tap water. That crap is loaded with trace minerals and (if you're in the US) chlorine. Chlorine wipes out the microbial life within your soil which stunts your root system. Unhealthy roots = poor nutrient uptake.
What would you suggest is the best way to get good water? Buy a reverse osmosis purifier? What do you use sir?

Snapper37

Snapper37

Tap water is great..that's what I use..but still no nutes..the soil already has to much...I say start over because it more then likely never recover or just take to long... easier to start over until u get it right..as in tap water,me it's well water..not city..

mhm yeah I definitely have some chlorine in my tap water

HiDaze

HiDaze

You can buy de-chlorination products to make your tap water usable. Personally encourage folks to use Distilled Water (NOT spring water). Gives you a nice base to add your nutes to without worrying about a mineral or Ph imbalance off the bat.

Long story short - check the Ph of your water before and after introducing any nutes.

In your situation transplant into a soil like Fox Farms Ocean Forest and water with distilled water while she balance out in veg for a few weeks. Shes damaged.- not dead 👌

Latest posts

Top Bottom