stunted/weird growth on one plants...could this be hermi/male plant?

• Thread starter mannitu68
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mannitu68

Hello men,
this is my 4rth grow and basically everything is well, im a little over 2 weeks in flower now and no real sign of any deficiency. Its just that 1 out of 4 plants has a few issues...its always been smaller to the point i was thinking about dropping it before flower to give the room in the tent to the other 3. It has also not shown any real flower developement, while you can cleraly see small buds forming on the other plants. Now, 15 or 16 days in flower, it shows some weird growing...dont even know how to describe it. Ive never seen a male/nutsack before. Its just it developes slighty different growth than the other 3. I really hope you can see it at the picture.hm??

Stuntedweird growth on one plantscould this be hermimale plant
Stuntedweird growth on one plantscould this be hermimale plant 2

M

mannitu68

ill include 2 more to make it more obvious, one is with the issue red encircled, one is from a "regular" growing plant. Theres nothing hard when you touch this things..it just feels like very tiny leaves that dont really start growing out.

Unbenannt5
Unbenannt44

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Bananas or “nanners” are a type of mixed-sex cannabis flower that grow from the middle of cannabis buds as a result of stress or genetics.

M

mannitu68

ok well then its genetics, its been small and shitty from the start. Can we be sure that it is the case? And if yes, is there any chance of it affecting my 3 other plants?
thank you.

i mean, what i got is really small. Its nowhere near all these pictures is see.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

ok well then its genetics, its been small and shitty from the start. Can we be sure that it is the case? And if yes, is there any chance of it affecting my 3 other plants?
thank you.
I’m not an expert, just seen them before. Sometimes hidden in the buds.

If only a few, pluck them and hope no more. If a lot yank it as they will ripen, open, and pollinate at least around the area if not all plants in the tent.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

If you have a separate location where there is no chance of pollen getting into your main tent you can let it finish and harvest what you can but most just pull them and move on so as not to risk the entire crop.

M

mannitu68

well one point i see is, they dont grow out of the flower, these things grow by themselfs in the corners, where stems grow out of the mainstem. I probably named a dozen things wrong now. However, theres also nothing that reminds me of a banana. Its nothing but a bunch of tiny leaves...just at a place where the others dont have any. This plant looks like it doesnt wanna produce much anyway. Or maybe i just caught it at the very beginning. Its 15 days in flower now. Doesnt look like it has the potential to make pollen yet.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

well one point i see is, they dont grow out of the flower, these things grow by themselfs in the corners, where stems grow out of the mainstem. I probably named a dozen things wrong now. However, theres also nothing that reminds me of a banana. Its nothing but a bunch of tiny leaves...just at a place where the others dont have any. This plant looks like it doesnt wanna produce much anyway. Or maybe i just caught it at the very beginning. Its 15 days in flower now. Doesnt look like it has the potential to make pollen yet.
In the pics you posted it looks like nanners growing near bud sites. All the hairs, pistols & sugar leaves clumped together at under developed buds.

You circled in red groups of male flowers that will open earlier than the buds. They look like mini bunches of bananas. At least to me anyway.

Wait for another opinion if you want. Won’t hurt my feelings. 👍

If I’m wrong someone will jump on it.

TSD

TSD

Yes hermie, get it gone to be safe rather than sorry... if you wait to see pollen your other ladies will already be knocked up and ready for seed making... unless you can isolate it. I just offed one of mine for dropping balls, he only lived a couple days from the first hint of balls so I was sure they were indeed balls. Yours is indeed a hermie.

M

mannitu68

nah its going in the trash :(...would have been watering today anyway so i can carry 5 pound less weight to the container. But it was very early stadium so nothing happened to the other so far, right?

thinking about what could have stressed it...cant think of anything. temps were little cold sometimes at night, when the window was open...maybe 15c on a very cold day...but sure thats no problem if its only at night, most times probably 17-18c at night.

Last edited:
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

But it was very early stadium so nothing happened to the other so far, right?
Shouldn’t. If you remove the hermi now before it opens nothing to worry about.

thinking about what could have stressed it...cant think of anything. temps were little cold sometimes at night, when the window was open...maybe 15c on a very cold day...but sure thats no problem if its only at night, most times probably 17-18c at night.
Who knows for sure? Could be genetics or could be a fluke.

It hurts to loose one but it’s better than loosing all.

Happy growing! 👍

M

mannitu68

i got 3 plants left and the hermi was shitty anyways, ill probably even gain something by givin the other 3 plants more space in my small 70x70cm tent. 1 plant has weird genetics though..its built like a daddy longleg spider, lenky and thin stems....quite a lot, like 20 colas? More colas then the 2 other plants combined. But one can already see there will be less on each flower...probably the hormon thats responsible has to be devided over all that stems now.

Top Bottom