stunted young plants; will they ever show narmal growth?

• Thread starter rural hick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
rural hick

rural hick

stunted young plants; will they ever show normal growth?

i have small growth. plants are 1 month old and only 4-6" tall. they have plenty leaves tho, just minature like. they were over watered and put out into the heat too soon. 2 problems..overwatering cause the top soil(less) was crusty, then these high tempertures recently. i have since put the in 1 gallon pots and they are in the shade most of the day. when transplanting the pH was below 7. i am using a organic compost, molasses, super thrive, ph down corrected (below 7 [6.8]), and 50% of a 24-5-10 recipe. they have good root system already..i suppose from the super thrive. they were pale green when all the stress was going on but now they are dark green.
will they ever show big growth since being stunted so early?
re: joey weed C99, in the partial shade daylight hours and 500 (490) watt t5 and cfl at night.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
they will snap out of it. make sure to let the medium dry out between watering's. don't over nurture them just let them do their thing. the leaves will get bigger as well. did you top them? when plants get topped they will throw smaller leaves until they gain some size. also cut back on the molasses until they get a little bigger, to much molasses in small plants will inhibit nitrogen uptake. I'm not saying that is the case here but it could happen. they will grow without the molasses but they need the nitrogen.

rural hick

rural hick

thanks for jumping right in. and thanks for the help once before also. kudos.
yeah they have been set back about a month. i have some white widow max coming in and this has set back the game plan. i suppose the WWmax and the C99 will be harvesting about the same time.
but greatly appreciate the answer, and so quickly. no they have not been topped and camera fone pics dont do well for a 1000 words.
glad to here they will be better...

IMG00063
IMG00064
IMG00065
F

farmerjohn

Just consider them to be lagging behind a similarly aged plant. They look plenty healthy, so treating them like any other plant their own age, should allow for them to begin more normal growth. I've seen these types actually catch up with much larger plants, once they snap out of their funk. In one gallon pots, you could super veg them in 24 hour light, then flip them along with the larger plants & still get a nice yield from smaller plants. You could even practice some LSTing, that perhaps you wouldn't attempt with another prized plant. I get these occasionally & just prop them up on a bucket to allow them to maintain an even height with larger plants in the flowering room.

rural hick

rural hick

thanks. i had a white widow runt last 2 grows ago. it had 4 colas about 10-12" long. it looked like just colas and that's all. but man they were dense. it also looked really different, you know being on 1 foot tall and nothing but colas and tiny leaves. that would be nice at 4-6 foot tall huh?
thanks for the reply.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Make sure you let the soil dry up good before watering again.. they should catch up in no time!!

F

farmerjohn

Yeah, wish I could grow those one limbed bastards to about 6'! I'd be cutting the buds into pieces so they would fit into gallon baggies! I use less than a gallon of soil for those & barely veg them, before the switch. 10 weeks later, they are usually very nice, but never more than 30" tall.

KK kolas is right. Soil growers need to remember to not water the plants! I'm half perlite & still wait until they are @ dry weight before watering. That's light! Then I water the pee-jeebers outta 'em! & forget about it for a few days. I gotta water tonight, though. But when I do, I won't re-water until Saturday. I check them daily & will spot water, if I see a plant or two that are trying to tell me something. Like, "How about a drink? Ya non-watering bastard!" Point being, over watering in soil grows, is a major problem, because almost everyone does it.

rural hick

rural hick

i appreciate the direct and the logic with all your answers. kudos to all that have helped with this diagnosis, and that has helped me make a decision to keep the little runts.
C99 is supposed to be another 'holy grail'.

rural hick

rural hick

they seemed to have snapped out of it.. still the same procedure yet they are in direct sun almost all day now. 3 were a little droppy, so all got water. next water i am going full suggested 24-5-10. ordered white widow MAX today.
all is not lost.
the first pic is a guerilla Master Kush that has not flowered yet. it has been showing pistols for about a month, this is now august wuts up wif dat?

IMG00066
IMG00067
IMG00068
IMG00069
IMG00070
IMG00071
IMG00072
IMG00073
rural hick

rural hick

thanks for you guy's help. they are about 8" high with plenty green leaves. i move my lights daily. 2 of the 10 are poor, but still look as tho they have some potential.
sorta have a good feeling about saving these guys.
the white widow max came in but i don't see the max catching up to the C-99.
but still..all's good.
i am still beginning the pertpetual grow with muti strain. mosty sative and white strains. i do have a couple of pure afganis.
do anyone recommend any 'kali mist' traders'? (is it diffucult to grow?..i know it has a long season [special request])
or honest 'the church' traders? 'durban poison'?

rural hick

rural hick

me figures that it was correct diagnosis with 2 problems. one was too dang hot outside no matter how i weened the plants in the sun, and over watering to compensate from the heat. i was watering too often. not too much water at one time just too frequent.
H2O2 can't compete with too frequent..i dunno.
in the bottom of the picture, of the plant is what is left of the stress.
I am moving my lights almost every day.
thanks for everyone's help.
my apologies to joey weed.

IMG00081
rural hick

rural hick

didn't do too bad, so far there are 4 males; 4 plants with male pods. but this is also under 18/6; may have more when plants go to 12/12. but so far so good. i was concerned with the heat stress and overwatering stunting that i would see more males than 50/50. but like i said more to be revealed.. closet smells of an earthy kind of smell. not really over powering like the white widow. but yet still a bit pleasant.
these joey weed C99 are really a good strain to grow. i did have some 'ram horn' on some leaves from being too hot with nutes, but they pulled right out of it.
I had some drooping cuase the fan was off just a few minutes but this morning they all look good minus 4 males.

Latest posts

Top Bottom