Stupid Fucking Housemate And Evil Spider Mites

• Thread starter purplekatz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

purplekatz

So my stupid stupid stupid housemate decided he needed to have a "pet" plant downstairs in his bedroom. Since I have a whole garden upstairs, I could not complain too much. The plant was in horrible soil and not doing much and he kept it next to an open window to "get air." I just assumed he was spraying it to maintain for pests etc. He claims to have grown before. Anyways I really wanted to say something but had been fighting with him about other stupid housemate issues, so I let it go and just tried not to go near it or look at it that much. MY BAD. I looked at it yesterday and the whole thing was covered in spider mites... webs and all.

My grow is in my attic, somewhat far away from his room, but I am freaking out. What can I do? We removed the plant right away, but I am worried the little buggers are now all over the house. Would it be safe to bomb the whole house? Should I make him bleach everything? How far do we have to go?

My garden is currently in week 6 of flower. I am going to spray it with Green Clean and hope for the best. Then I will harvest and remove everything and clean it all with bleach and bomb the whole room. However, I heard bleach does not really kill spider mites, or at least not the eggs.

Any other advice would be very much appreciated.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

So my stupid stupid stupid housemate decided he needed to have a "pet" plant downstairs in his bedroom. Since I have a whole garden upstairs, I could not complain too much. The plant was in horrible soil and not doing much and he kept it next to an open window to "get air." I just assumed he was spraying it to maintain for pests etc. He claims to have grown before. Anyways I really wanted to say something but had been fighting with him about other stupid housemate issues, so I let it go and just tried not to go near it or look at it that much. MY BAD. I looked at it yesterday and the whole thing was covered in spider mites... webs and all.

My grow is in my attic, somewhat far away from his room, but I am freaking out. What can I do? We removed the plant right away, but I am worried the little buggers are now all over the house. Would it be safe to bomb the whole house? Should I make him bleach everything? How far do we have to go?

My garden is currently in week 6 of flower. I am going to spray it with Green Clean and hope for the best. Then I will harvest and remove everything and clean it all with bleach and bomb the whole room. However, I heard bleach does not really kill spider mites, or at least not the eggs.

Any other advice would be very much appreciated.

Well if you are in week 6 then just try and ride it out for a few more weeks your gonna have to cross that bridge when you come to it but if yourbgarden still looks fine just b extra careful oh and get a new room mate!

Dunge

Dunge

Please please calm yourself.
I think that the common mite is a great example of THE pest every grower needs to know how to identify and manage.
Don't get me wrong, I too have panicked in the past, but it was only because I was seeing something I didn't want to see and didn't know what to do.
Early identification is critical to avoiding the long term damage to primary productivity that mites cause.

My friends here at the farm call it Integrated Pest Management (IPM)

Still learning, but in essence it is a proactive combination of plant health and defensive actions.
Materials used to battle existing infestations include, 40% isopropanol, azamax, green cleaner (dark application), Capulators foliar, and others.
The common thread is to use them often and in rotation.
Spray from underneath mostly.

Killing mites is easy, killing them all and the eggs is hard.
It takes early detection and persistence.

Another note is that a heavily infested plant is compromised metabolically by the mites and may need to be destroyed.
Another note is about early detection. White spots on the leaf must be investigated immediately.

Good luck.

Top Bottom