Sub-cool Experimental Cheese Quake Run In Dwc And Flood & Drain

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

My first shot at the strain of Cheese Quake after running lots of Godberry and some Diesel varieties. About 2 weeks from chopping day (as near as I can tell).

SO far the interesting observations:

1. Plants grow very short and bushy until they are flipped and then they literally put on feet. Mine grew 2 - 3 feet in height within a few weeks of being flipped. Had to raise my lamp up to 6 feet.

2. Inter-nodal distance seems long until the buds start to fill out. Buds tend to form at every node and then fill out to a golf ball size.

3. Once I went to 12/12 it was 2-3 weeks before I saw obvious signs of flower and then 2 had to be killed cause they were boys. Once they were fully in flower they grew very faaaaast.

4. Root development is amazing in both DWC and RDWC. DWC is slightly leading the race as far as size and productivity but maybe the variance is simply differing phenos....

5. The smell is amazingly strong and went from skunky to smelling like high end perfume (very much like roses mixed with citrus). Not at all cheesy smelling at this point.

6. Easy grow, very resistant to the damn thrips I usually get in the Winter.

7. base stems are well over .75" diameter and kola branches are fat as well. This plant produces huge sun leaves and grows like a monster. Sun leaves have to be culled out regularly to avoid excessive shading.

8. Roots are very healthy but of course slightly stained by the dyes they use in the GH fertilizer, gives them a slightly amber tint.

9. Plants are super oily and really sticky, should be good for oil production which is what I use to battle Parkinson's and other health issues. After I culled out the boys the rest of the plants filled the voids really quick. Seems they want to grow to fill all the room I give them.

So far the setup is:
-Started with 10 seeds and 2 were boys, one failed to gain size and was culled out early on in veg. Ended up with 7 good girls.
-4' X 4' canopy under 750 watts of HPS (8 foot ceiling)
-Running 68-69 degrees air temp to keep the water cool enough
-Using General Hydro Flora series (basically because I don't have a better idea what to use yet). Only in this for about 3 years now).
-Adding 35 ml of H202 (3%) to each 5 gallons every 4-6 days

So far I am very encouraged by this hybrid and it seems it is going to out produce any of the strains I have tried so far (NY Diesel, Black Cherry Soda, Cotton Candy & Godberry)....yeah I am an Indica kinda person.

Will post some pictures and microscope shots as soon as I can get the pics edited.

DP

DGP

DGP

CQ 5
CQ 4
CQ 3
CQ 2
CQ 1

DGP

DGP

Early yield report:
From the first plant which was the smallest and most Indica dominant and finished earliest. Have seven more larger plants to go.
5.5 ounces flower (all pretty much grade "A" cause I trimmed out most of the small buds which were minimal).
6.5 ounces quality trim which converted to 2 grams of bubble (all sizes were mixed together cause it was specifically for edible meds).

DP

Latest posts

Top Bottom