Subcool Super Soil Question

• Thread starter Mike49048
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mike49048

Mike49048

When I was looking for trace elements online to buy I came across Subcool Super Soil Recipe. After a little research I going to give it a go after my next run.
My question or questions rather is does the water need to be PHed. I'm thinking it does but thought it best to ask. My other question is would tap water be good to use or should I go with RO.
A link to his recipe and a thread he had with lots of helpful info on the subject is below.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Yes, PH to 6.5. You don't need RO, but you do need to filter out the chlorine with a kdf 85 filter (hydrologic) or similar OR bubble it for a day or two. Chlorine/chloramine will kill the heard. No bueno.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I used tap water and didn't adjust ph.........had zero problems Notta one.......I don't beleive chlorine has a big of an effect as people think on healthy soil........

lazarus718

lazarus718

Yes, PH to 6.5. You don't need RO, but you do need to filter out the chlorine with a kdf 85 filter (hydrologic) or similar OR bubble it for a day or two. Chlorine/chloramine will kill the heard. No bueno.

Yep, it can kill the micros and bind to N and Mn....if you're worried about it buy yourself a bottle of aquarium conditioner and problem solved.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I used tap water and didn't adjust ph.........had zero problems Notta one.......I don't beleive chlorine has a big of an effect as people think on healthy soil........
Chlorine kills all beneficial bacteria. Will it kill your plants? No. Will it kill the micro beasties that promote better growth, which, anyone who is using super soil should be trying to achieve? Hell yes.

You should think twice before giving reckless, ignorant advice. This is the organics section for christ's sakes.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

You need to,chill your jets homeboy.......I have two greenhouses full of every organic veggie you could imagine......ignorant means I have no knowledge of the subject.......that is not the case........

Back to the question will the amount of chlorine in tap water kill all the micro-life in your soil......well from my experience using tap water in my greenhouses the 6 years I ran organic soil mixes one of which was actually super soil....the others around me who have to low of water pressure for filters...... no it dosn't........you don't have to have an RO machine to grow in soil......its an added bonus......your micro life is constantly dieing and replicating its self......am I wrong if I am is love to know........

Let's keep this civil. I don't feel someone should be hounded,and forced to spend a 100$ or more on something they don't need to........just because someone online says they will fail of they don't.........

So I stand by original statement no you do not need to absolutely use dechlorinated or RO water to reap the benfits of super soil or any other organic soil........

Feel free to debate with me, shit prove me wrong and ill fry up the egg on my face......

By the way I'm now currently growing in a super soil type mix using cns17 maxicrop liquid fish in tap water. I do not ph my fish mix or straight tap just the cns17.....

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I'm not even going to read your nonsense. You clearly don't know WTF you're talking about. I wouldn't let you walk my dog after reading post 4 in this thread. Advising a super soil user to use chlorine? Just stop.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

LOL no your wrong......ok your turn tell me I'm I'm wrong......if your saying you can't grow in soil with tap water.........you be wrong......ok your turn.....were total master-debaters.......(insert bevis laugh here)

Keep it a little more light hearted......pleaze

hightide

hightide

Guys really!

You can simply let your tap water sit out in a jug over night and the chlorine will evaporate. Yes, this is from experience, with super-soil.

We could use... more elipses... though...Dirty White Boy. :winking0067:

GreenThumbBill, try not to come off so harsh. Say it with a smile. :passingjoint:

lazarus718

lazarus718

Everyone is right on this one...I've grown in super soil both ways. Once with the tap and this last one with using that liquid aquarium conditioner to get the chlorine out without having to wait 24 hours. Both crops came out really well. I will say that my last one had more crystal production though with the de-chlorinated water. The bud is in jars now so another week or two and I can give it a decent test toke. My leafs also didn't yellow until the plants were in their last week this time, I think the chlorine being absent from the soil helped with nutrient absorption. But I don't have the science to back that claim and my chlorinated crop before that grew just fine.

nellybbad

nellybbad

Is the subcool soil mix the way to go if your going for big pds per plant? I kinda wince at the idea of just feeding it water thinking thats gunna make my bush a tree if ya know what i mean...?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Is the subcool soil mix the way to go if your going for big pds per plant? I kinda wince at the idea of just feeding it water thinking thats gunna make my bush a tree if ya know what i mean...?

No bro, it's designed to get the optimal taste and high out of your plant...not yield.

nellybbad

nellybbad

Do you have a suggestion for the big yield soil/coco outdoors? Ive had a hell of a time trying to figure out a good medium/nute regiment. You see all those guys in cali with the 8pd plants but the fuck if you can get a recipe! lol... all i can find online is subcools recipe and some random shit by people that dont have pics of what there shit looks like. lil frustrating to say the least.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Do you have a suggestion for the big yield soil/coco outdoors? Ive had a hell of a time trying to figure out a good medium/nute regiment. You see all those guys in cali with the 8pd plants but the fuck if you can get a recipe! lol... all i can find online is subcools recipe and some random shit by people that dont have pics of what there shit looks like. lil frustrating to say the least.

Subcool's mix is designed for indoor grows bro. If you check into his history he has reasons for that. If you're growing outdoor the advice you are searching for is going to change with every 100 ft. you walk.

nellybbad

nellybbad

Yeah, im fully aware of the million different variables. What im trying to conclude is a baseline of what has been growing powerful out there. Once i get some decent recipes ill prob do multiple in my 30x50 greenhouse just to weed the crap out for next year and find out what works best for my system i have designed and my climate etc. Its just been one of the harder things to obtain with proof through some monster pics. I know it matters with the variables etc.and can go both ways but with proof i can rest assure its been done and is working for someone. I used to do this a few years back and i know how good of a decision it is to follow some pro setups. So if anybody out there is reading.....Hook a brother up, please!

phenotyper

phenotyper

Excuse me, but if you're using recipes without understanding the plant fully, how to you hope to achieve anything worth smoking?

nellybbad

nellybbad

Understanding the plant fully? i dont understand how you can derive such a statement from what ive said. I have 15 dif plants going into this so i can weed out the workers and the duds. If your on a dif level of growing that i dont understand yet, then i will sit down and listen to what your coding in your words, but as far as me comprehending why asking for who has good dirt/coco recipes turns into not growing something no1 can smoke...You got me...so explain.

phenotyper

phenotyper

I didn't say that it wasn't smokable, I said "worth smoking". I mostly meant that if you knew what the plant wanted, you wouldn't need a recipe. You should look around on the forums, especially in the organic section, lots of people have posted soil recipes. I feel like I am coming off like a total dick, so I apologize. I'm just trying to say there's more to this than being formulaic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom