submersible water heater

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Burned Haze

Well I have bought a few 15-25 dollar submersible water heater from amazon in the past few years (only 1 is still alive) and I was wondering what brands you guys use and if you guys could direct me to a model for 30-50 gallons and be sturdy enough to last (I’m willing to pay a little bit more for not junk or not a fire/explosion)

Thanks!

B

Burned Haze

I have owned that model before and was a little disappointed how long it lasted, that’s why I went to buying amazon versions lol ( failed within a year and I only heated the Rez for a few hours every time )

Hate rebuying equipment when I’m even being light on the heater with running it for just a few hours a week. i’m Sure there’s more heavy duty brands out there or I’m overthinking it

Thanks

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

I've always used the active aqua 350w titanium heaters.
Right now I'm using an Anova Sous Vide heater/circulator. It's awesome, but not submersible

threatco

threatco

@Aqua Man @cemchris **Necro Bump**

Looking for some updated recommendations on Aquarium Heaters.

As seen in my other thread below, I have a new reservoir holding about 40 Gallons in it and I let it get pretty cold sometimes so I want to warm it up.

Most items I feel great just researching my self and buying whatever, but the reviews I am seeing on Amazon freak me out a bit.

My goal here is to simply have one that will not die/explode/overheat and has a semi-decent temperature setting fidelity.

I don't know if you simply have to pay 2x-3x more than the most common one to achieve this. Or if there is just some reliable go-to brand the community knows about.

Ideally, this item would be available for sale in $CAD.

Some contenders I have found are below, feel free to comment on them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man @cemchris **Necro Bump**

Looking for some updated recommendations on Aquarium Heaters.

As seen in my other thread below, I have a new reservoir holding about 40 Gallons in it and I let it get pretty cold sometimes so I want to warm it up.

Most items I feel great just researching my self and buying whatever, but the reviews I am seeing on Amazon freak me out a bit.

My goal here is to simply have one that will not die/explode/overheat and has a semi-decent temperature setting fidelity.

I don't know if you simply have to pay 2x-3x more than the most common one to achieve this. Or if there is just some reliable go-to brand the community knows about.

Ideally, this item would be available for sale in $CAD.

Some contenders I have found are below, feel free to comment on them
If you want the best I would suggest colbalt. Eheim are a good option. Size will depend on the temp increase you need. If under 5f of heating100w will be good if under 10f heating a 150w would be good for your 40gal.

Make sure the temp is low enough for your needs some start at 70f the colbalts start at 66f. Do not buy a preset heater

Top Bottom