Substrate EC wont rise Staying to low dtw drip Need advice

• Thread starter Devin420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Devin420

Hi got a question on coco all room specs are perfect multiple strains handle it differently. Using athena blended line with mother earth coco perlite mix. Always have purple lines in stems purple woody stems deficiencies, toxcities. Using dtw floraflex drip systems 2 gallon pots with 2 half gallon per hour emitters per pot. ph 5.8 input and output 1050ppm 2.0ec input 1050ppm 2.0ec runoff output, yet when i test substrate EC with slurry tests or a actual mS/cm EC meter for substrate i get very low substrate EC and i mean low im talking 0.2 -0.3 in every stage including flower. When you go from veg to flower the purple stem issue disappears almost completely with nice healthy stems. I still do have deficiencies and toxs in flower somewhat . Im probably exaggerating a little they still give 2.5-3.5 a light they just look like they did a baja race across the sahara :>. I cannot seem to get the substrate EC to rise. after a watering of say 2.0ec if i test substrate ec it will be around 1.5 for a few hours and as the pot drys the ec value drops back to that 0.3--- 0.5 area. I need to build up the substrate ec to 2.0 What could i be doing wrong? the only thing i can think of is ive been doing way to much runoff. In veg theyre handwatered a ton till runoff pours out and purple issue is prominent in veg seems to go away 2 weeks into flower. but for the last week ive been trying to hit almost zero runoff and the substrate EC is still not rising. Any ideas? I normally drip 5 mins on and 15minutes off 2 hours after lights on until i see runoff then i go one more watering cycle. Thats about 6 , 5 minute watering cycles I Just cant understand how the substrate ec isnt the same as what im putting in when im getting the same output runoff value as whats going in. Thanks for any advice and i will reply with any questions you may need answered to help. Sometimes i think i should of just stuck to DWC but i see so many killer coco grows, Really erks me that i cant something this simple right.

Last edited:
D

Devin420

Pics of plants?
I guess im from a different time, I dont even like posting messages heh No pics on me but i get the purple stems purple lines in the stems the petiole between leaf and stem turn purple with purpling follow out into the leaf vein underneath. In flower i get the yellowing around the edges starting at tips on some and dark dark green leaves like n tox except theyres no way i get ntox on a balanced nutrient formula when the substrate ec is like 0.3 thats like 250ppm its gotta be deficiences either way just trying to figure out how to raise substrate EC in coco on drip feed systems. Thanks for the response

Top Bottom