Sudden Taco Leaves Only On New Growth

• Thread starter Ronnie88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grow bales

It looks to me that the compost tea wasn't good meaning it didn't smell earthy and probably smelled rotten or like shit. Bad bacteria causes all sorts of different signs on leafs, so flush with clearex and then use a good compost tea with an additive like hygrozyme and vitamins like super thrive. Always wait till the soil is dry on top to water.

Basskee

Basskee

I realize this thread is super old, but I have to ask Joe Fresh if you ever came to any conclusions?

It was painful to read through this thread, I literally traveled down the same exact diagnostic black hole for a full year trying to gain some insight as to why all of my plants randomly started going to shit at different times. Even worse, this took place in a commercial facility when I was handed my first full room. Although we didn't have the same symptoms, I'm pretty sure it was the same underlying problem, otherwise, I wouldn't have landed on this thread.

Long story short, different strains were affected uniquely and at different times. After months and months ( I think a year) of ruling out everything possible, we were only left with a fungal pathogen. No lab would take a sample via mail and the nearest Cannabis Diagnostic lab that had the equipment to perform a reverse RNA or DNA extraction used to confirm a virus or fungal pathogen was on the opposite side of the country. After 3 months of bugging people, we were able to get a lab to accept a sample and the results came back positive for Fusarium sp, which we kind of assumed by that time.

The best way to describe how Fusarium effects the plant is to draw a comparison to how HIV turns into AIDS in humans. It started in the mother room with little symptoms like clone-rooting-time increasing. It took 3 generations of plants showing every deficiency and problem in the book before we knew something was systemically wrong.

So as the pathogen moves on to future generations it gets stronger and it was my room that I got the pleasure of witnessing 20-30 plants in random locations wilt and die overnight in week 5 of flower. This is where I would say the HIV moved onto the full Auto Immunol attack. Fusarium attacks the Xylem and slowly cuts off the respiratory system branch by branch until it hardens and essentially suffocates to death.

Before it gets to those late stages the pathogen tends to exploit each strains weakness. I watched Gorilla Glue get light stress and Lumen or heat shock, OG's tended to stunt and dud really easy (I'm guessing because they are lanky?) Every strain went through salt build up and nute lockout.

I landed on this thread because I have an unexplained leaf severe curl on select strains within my personal space. I never saw leaf curl or "tacoing," via Fusarium, but its been several weeks of troubleshooting and I now know the hard way it can only be a handful of things before I have to conclude there is a more severe underlying problem. Because I was exposed to it so much it's obviously likely it could have found it's way back. Apparently, it can stay dormant for years just waiting until it finds a host that is stressed out from a missed watering with a compromised immune system to exploit.

Anyway, if you didn't find an answer the first time, perhaps my comparable experience may lend you a little piece of mind. I think you actually called an underlying root pathogen in your first post.

T

Thc.queenbee

Extreme tacoing leaves only on new growth. Spreads from one corner of the room slowly. The plants are healthy otherwise. If I carry through to harvest with them the buds have a massive amount of seeds which I'm thinking is due to the stress. I think it is a soil disease as I'm in beds.

What does tacoing signify? Losing too much moisture too fast?

My environment is on point. I feel this developed from a compost tea that wasn't areated enough.

I am sorry to say, but if the plant shows stress then the environment is not on point. Controlled environments are difficult to maintain. No one is on point.anyways. Each strain of cannabis is unique. Meaning there is never “one main fix” to change it all. It is about the process of Illumination. Taco/ canoe can be one symptom from many different possible causes. Normally it shows up from over watering or low humidity. Do you have a water moisture/ph meter for soil? If not it’s important. You may put in 6.5 water but that doesn’t mean the soil is the same. The Biology in the soil determines that. ( I assume you have biology, because you use compost tea)*side note: compost tea needs to have chloramine free water(vitamin C is good to remove it) and the temperature must be correct for oxygen levels, along with the correct food for the microbiology. If you did this wrong you could of put anaerobic bacteria into your grow medium. Easily fixed when you keep putting in Aerobic life. Another possibility is the solid porosity. Your medium looks good but a 50/50 ratio of perlite to soil is awesome. If the problem started from one side and traveled to another, possibly an opening in the controlled environment. Another thing to take into account is heat stress. It’s only at the tops, meaning the new growth can be hitting a hot spot. It’s always good to know the temp/ humidity directly under the plants. There are many possibilities. So keep trying.

jungleek

jungleek

After lot of searching i found this thread. The symptoms i get are exactly same. The main reason why its NOT enviromental issue is, that as you describe - it continually spreads from one room corner to another. I run 3 separate NFT tanks in one room, each under 600w light. The leaf tacoing started on one plant in one nft. Now all plants in this nft have it and it "jumped" to the neighboring NFT, Now half of plants in the naighboring NFT have it too. The affected plants grow very slowly. Compared to the 3rd NFT, which is not yet affected at all, the are about 1/2 the size. Also root growth of affected plants is much, much worse (almost stagnated). Its for sure some sort of disease which spreads from one plant to another. Did you figure out anything? I dont need to rwd any more thing about heat stress, wind, ph etc.. its NOT the case! If it was, all plants (all 27 plants are the 100% same genetics from clones) would show same symptoms. But this spreads slowly from one neighboring plant to other in span of 2 weeks so far (disrecpecting the fact that the roots of all plants in NFT share the same area, so the rootbound problem would spread much more rapidly - this looks like spreading trough air).

Yeah i agree but why? Roots are healthy and white. Humidity 60 Temps 78-80. 6.0 Ph. Never over 2 EC. 2 feeds 1 water, even did 2 waters in a row last week after i ripped out the first half that started to curl. I will take 3 soil samples tomorrow from the bottom and see what ec is but i highly doubt its due to high salt in soil

Did

TexanTerps

TexanTerps

I believe this is an herbicide issue. I am a commercial applicator and had placed a few plants in the bathroom while in the process of moving. I contaminated my shoes with aminopyralid and picloram amongst other things. Possibly 2-4-D. If you look at symptoms of herbicide injury, especially synthetic auxins, they look very similar. The herbicides are extremely powerful and the vapors can travel through the air.
Growers must also be careful in sourcing material for compost such as manure or hay which may have been treated. The label has warnings all about not using the hay in places off the farm. Cattle eat treated grass and it is concentrated in the manure and urine.

TexanTerps

TexanTerps

Herbicide injury.

HashBucket

HashBucket

RUSSET MITES.
Sorry, hard to get rid of, but .... RUSSET MITES.

Now I have to clean my hard drive.

Image2

Latest posts

Top Bottom