Sufficient humidifier for a 5x5x6?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

You should humidify the room the tent is in not the tent, that means you'd have to exhaust out the window instead of intake.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Sounds like you probably already exaust to outside 👍...this could also be part of the problem too so make sure you can control the rate of air leaving the tent because if you're taking it out too fast no humidifier will keep up.

Whatever you pick make sure it has an accurate, well rated controller because if you decide to use an inkbird control instead, the unit may not automatically turn back on once power has been cut/restored.

Last edited:
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

You should humidify the room the tent is in not the tent, that means you'd have to exhaust out the window instead of intake.
I realize that's ideal, trying to work with what I can. If my intake is from the room, my average daytime temperature in the tent hits 86F and I dont currently have $400-$500 for an AC unit.

Sounds like you probably already exaust to outside 👍...this could also be part of the problem too so make sure you can control the rate of air leaving the tent because if you're taking it out too fast no humidifier will keep up.

Whatever you pick make sure it has an accurate, well rated controller because if you decide to use an inkbird control instead, the unit may not automatically turn back on once power has been cut/restored.
I currently have a 4 inch intake and a 6 inch exhaust running 24/7, im guessing I should put them on repeater timers?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I realize that's ideal, trying to work with what I can. If my intake is from the room, my average daytime temperature in the tent hits 86F and I dont currently have $400-$500 for an AC unit.

I currently have a 4 inch intake and a 6 inch exhaust running 24/7, im guessing I should put them on repeater timers?
I like inkbirds for their precision and flexibility. You can set them to a 1/10th of a degree. One plug goes to intake, one to exaust. Very affordable too 👍

Madmax

Madmax

I havnt a tent but have one room 5x3ft that just runs a passive setup that draws air from outside.the extraction fan is plugged into an temp/cool inkbird and the humidifier is plugged into another humidity/dehumidify inkbird.the humidifier gets room to 70% easily as it has a dial knob to turn up or down which is very important to have.it reaches its target before the temp cuts in but it does determine on the weather but it hasnt been under 42% .i have an controller on the extraction fan set on 1/4..if you can get your fans to come on every 5 to 10 mins for a min or 2 max you should b able to get your humidity higher.i thought of timers when i was first setting up but it was too difficult because of the temps of day fluctuate.best way is off the inkird..the inkbird i have you cant plug intake and exhaust through it.can you seal the intake to tent you can just run a passive intake.with passive you holes gotta b bigger than exhaust....i have an 8 extraction fan in a 5x5 with 2 6' passive vent shutters..

Top Bottom