Suggest best commercial premixed soil for water only indoor grow?

• Thread starter ms48130
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ms48130

ms48130

Previous grows (mildly successful) used Batch 64's Pioneer (Fortified Micro Blend) coco coir blend, but chased all kinds of issues with AN's coco friendly nutes. Inside grow. Would love to find a (commercial) organic soil that will work with a water-only (PH-balanced) feeding, IF IT EXISTS!

Many thanks.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Lush is pretty good. With transplanting, you could get 4-5 weeks into flower before you would need to supplement.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

To grow water only means that you have to amend the soil before planting.

ms48130

ms48130

I guess I'm looking for a commercial soil mix that would already have all (or most) amendments added.

Trying to get away from all the run-off gymnastics w coco.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

He’s asking for something that’s already built

These folks can probably help

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Good stuff, but after every grow it will still need amendment. May as well learn how to do it from the start.
I know that but telling someone they have to amend a good living soil mix before planting when they asked for a premixed soil is not correct.

Obviously plants take nutrients out of the soil so it has to be put back and generally by the 3rd week of flower ppl are adding amendments but that’s not what he asked lol.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I guess I'm looking for a commercial soil mix that would already have all (or most) amendments added.

Trying to get away from all the run-off gymnastics w coco.
There are soils you can get that are premixed for the first grow.
They cost extra and you will have to amend them anyway. That's why I suggest you do it this way and you will always have water only soil.
And you will know how to mix it correctly. And never water to runoff.

mrcrispy13

mrcrispy13

I've gotten away with bulking out Fox Farm Ocean with Perlite and had reasonable success. It's fine while learning the cycle and how to troubleshoot.
Most of what I have learned has been from my mistakes not my successes.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ Indica
Supporter
I use half fox farm half happy frog base, pulversied egg shells via mortar and postal, rice hulls, worm castings, gaia green 444 and 284, plantation blackstrap molasses occasionally and real growers recharge. Worked out for me, mostly just H2O for the plants ph at 6.5ish

Theancientgallery

Theancientgallery

Lush is pretty good. With transplanting, you could get 4-5 weeks into flower before you would need to supplement.
I second this. I just used Lush for my micro closet grow and it’s great stuff. I ran a 1g pot for veg and transplanted into a 7g pot about a week before flip. Worked pretty well with water only. Just add some microbes like Fish Sh!t or Recharge and keep it moist. I also top dressed with Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom dry amendment a couple times at 1/3 strength in flower. but I may have gotten away without doing it. Results were great.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I second this. I just used Lush for my micro closet grow and it’s great stuff. I ran a 1g pot for veg and transplanted into a 7g pot about a week before flip. Worked pretty well with water only. Just add some microbes like Fish Sh!t or Recharge and keep it moist. I also top dressed with Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom dry amendment a couple times at 1/3 strength in flower. but I may have gotten away without doing it. Results were great.
It's my favorite of the low maintenance, pre-mixed organic soils that are widely available right now.

G

Gr33nThumbRedEyez

I have used royal gold basement mix, or roots organic. First batch was royal gold, but my closest shop doesn’t always have it. I have been using their replacement roots organic. Just feed water all of veg maybe a lil food before the flip.

M

MasterWatererJeff

Never used bagged soil but ran across this video

Disclaimer I found this video looking for source material for a "weed growers are dumb as shit" compilation I'm making for an investor in my fertilizer company who doesn't understand the need for more overpriced products on the market. The grower is absolutely retarded but I definitely agree with his opinion on Buildasoil so maybe the rest is accurate.

Top Bottom