Suggestion strains for beginner indoor

• Thread starter Flappenschmapple
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

So I am looking to fire up an indoor operation end of October once my outdoor plants are done and I was curious about a couple good strains for a beginner? I will be doing a 4x4 tent so nothing too crazy. Strains and sites that I could get seeds from would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

JSH1973

JSH1973

Supporter
THC BOMB AUTO from BombSeeds, grows itself and is extremely forgiving but still gives you loads of great smoke

logdog

logdog

I would recommend crop kings White Widow and/or ILGM's Super Skunk#4 both strains are very forgiving, give decent yields and are easy to train in an indoor grow.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

What kind of effects are you looking for?

Irie's Orange gasm (feminized) and Sunkiss (reg) are very easy, well behaved sativa doms. Orange terps tend to make sativas "friendly," in that they don't trigger paranoia, in my experience.

Go to the Irie Genetics website and take a look at the vendor list.

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

What kind of effects are you looking for?

Irie's Orange gasm (feminized) and Sunkiss (reg) are very easy, well behaved sativa doms. Orange terps tend to make sativas "friendly," in that they don't trigger paranoia, in my experience.

Go to the Irie Genetics website and take a look at the vendor list.
I do like sativas, but was hoping to try out an indica as well. I was hoping maybe pop two in there, one sativa or a hybrid and one indica dominant. I really like ethos lab. My buddy has been growing some mandarin cookies and it’s pretty prettty pretttyyy pretty good. But I will def take a look at that website! Thank you very much

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
I do like sativas, but was hoping to try out an indica as well. I was hoping maybe pop two in there, one sativa or a hybrid and one indica dominant. I really like ethos lab. My buddy has been growing some mandarin cookies and it’s pretty prettty pretttyyy pretty good. But I will def take a look at that website! Thank you very much

I was originally going to do something similar for my first grow but decided against it based on advice I received here.

Sativas tend to be on taller side with Indicas being shorter and bushier, every strain is going to be different of course, especially with hybrids in the mix, but with a single tent you'll probably want to consider things like plant size and flowering time before committing to your choices. I mean of course it can be done and do see people doing it, but for me that was just one more variable I didn't want to include in my first grow. 👍

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
Whats your set up? Light? Soil? Coco? Hydro? Organic? Food?

If you consider your setup and area some may go better than others.

Have you considered autos? A member here, @Poekie, has great stuff and great prices.

You might try a few different ones and take clones from what you like.

You could take a clone from your flowering ones outside and make some monsters. Those are interesting!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you grow multiple strains you need to take into account growth structure. One plant can be a lot taller than the other and it could cause issues trying to keep the canopy even, and the height of the light.

Also, the flowering time will probably be different too, so if you plan on drying the buds in the tent they should finish at the same time.

All this can be avoided by growing the same strain.

An indica dominant hybrid is usually easier to grow than a sativa.

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

If you grow multiple strains you need to take into account growth structure. One plant can be a lot taller than the other and it could cause issues trying to keep the canopy even, and the height of the light.

Also, the flowering time will probably be different too, so if you plan on drying the buds in the tent they should finish at the same time.

All this can be avoided by growing the same strain.

An indica dominant hybrid is usually easier to grow than a sativa.
Very good info! I will definitely take that into account. Thank you LL

Ponky

Ponky

Grow premium kush. It's potent. Disease and pest resistant. And has the highest chance of not tasting like ass. OG, Pink, Critical.... anything but purple. You'll be glad you did.

Flappenschmapple

Flappenschmapple

I was originally going to do something similar for my first grow but decided against it based on advice I received here.

Sativas tend to be on taller side with Indicas being shorter and bushier, every strain is going to be different of course, especially with hybrids in the mix, but with a single tent you'll probably want to consider things like plant size and flowering time before committing to your choices. I mean of course it can be done and do see people doing it, but for me that was just one more variable I didn't want to include in my firs
Whats your set up? Light? Soil? Coco? Hydro? Organic? Food?

If you consider your setup and area some may go better than others.

Have you considered autos? A member here, @Poekie, has great stuff and great prices.

You might try a few different ones and take clones from what you like.

You could take a clone from your flowering ones outside and make some monsters. Those are interesting!
so I’m currently growing three mandarin cookie plants and they are flourishing (or so I’ve been told) using fox farms in two bins and coast of Maine in the other, so I think I’ll go the soil route once the tent is setup. Probably won’t be going organic for nutes at least for my first couple grows. And I’m open to suggestions for the light setup…. Like I said just going to order a nice 4x4 gorilla tent within the next couple days so that I can use it once my outdoors is finished (for drying) and then transition to the indoor. I’ve been looking at some led bars 600w. What’s your take on this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom