Suggestions appreciated for my current situation

• Thread starter Kbailey3232
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

This thread doesn’t start off sounding related to concentrates or extractions at first but bear with me.
I am constantly obtaining high quantities of usually high quality, either light dep/greenhouse or indoor flower.
I have access to a very wide variety of different strains of varying qualities.
However, I need to have someone else go pick it up for me due to my handicap, so I can’t see the product firsthand before choosing and paying. All I have to rely on is hearing the strain name and the price, rather than being able to judge the product in person to decide if the price matches the quality or if it’s worth getting.
Usually I trust my boy and never expect to get anything crappy or not worth the price but this last run I got some White Widow for a decent price that ended up having some appeal issues with no nose and somewhat low potency valuation. (Just not very appealing.
So I decided I would use my rosin heat press and just make it all into rosin extract.

My question is, even though it doesn’t have too much visual appeal or any nose, would it be worth it to press it all instead? The humidity is on par with it around 40% still, but would it be a waste of time and effort, and do you think the outcome would result in shitty quality or undesirable rosin? Or could it potentially be better off than it is now and other people Might like it?
Thank you anyone who can respond and help me decide. Please let me know your thoughts or if you have any questions...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The concentrates are only as good as the flower they are made from in my opinion.

others may say different. Seems every time a grow goes bad someone says “make hash”

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

The concentrates are only as good as the flower they are made from in my opinion.

others may say different. Seems every time a grow goes bad someone says “make hash”
Absolutely agree. I make rosin every harvest. It’s what my plants are for. Lol
And it all depends on the quality of the flower. A good dried bud at around 60% humidity is ideal. You can put it in a jar with a boveda pack to get it back. But I do it after I make it into dry sift hash.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

And it all depends on the quality of the flower. A good dried bud at around 60% humidity is ideal.

"You can put it in a jar with a boveda pack to get it back. But I do it after I make it into dry sift hash.

???? You use the boveda (the only good use of boveda imo) after you makeit into dry sift?

RealizedReal000

RealizedReal000

"You can put it in a jar with a boveda pack to get it back. But I do it after I make it into dry sift hash.

???? You use the boveda (the only good use of boveda imo) after you makeit into dry sift?
Haha sorry I was really stoned when I wrote this. I meant since yours is 40% you can add a boveda and let it do it’s thing then put it in the freezer then dry sift then press. Lol

Kbailey3232

Kbailey3232

And it all depends on the quality of the flower. A good dried bud at around 60% humidity is ideal. You can put it in a jar with a boveda pack to get it back. But I do it after I make it into dry sift hash.
Thank you both, I appreciate it

Latest posts

Top Bottom