Suggestions on early flowering outdoor strains for Canada??

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
gelato dream from anesia was the only strain this year not to get white powdery mildew here in southern ontario, most were done within first week of october..
that weren’t stolen..
i’m probably growing it again next year outdoors..

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

Royal queen seeds. Honey creme fast flower.
Mid September southern Ontario.

BDH420

BDH420

I live in MA in the North East of the US. Our climate gets cold and rainy in September through November. We battle mold and rot and pests during harvest in hard core way. So in 2018 on Instagram I won just 4 TexadaTimeWarp seeds. I did a little research. Well if your from Canada you probably know about this. In my research I found out she's a super resilient cultivar. She Didn't get any pests caterpillars or anything. No mold no rot. She wanted to Grow Huge! Give her proper root space and she'll get huge. She's a Durban Poison crossed with 2 pounder. I only fed her water with some compost and only used compost and happy frog and a little Coast of Maine lobster compost. No nutes no additives nothing. just soil and water and I still got almost 4 to 6 ounces a plant. Because I only fed her compost and water I got a huge N deficiency I also used plastic buckets and my roots got really hot in july and august. This also affected yield. So If i grew her right I would have gotten a whole lot more flower. But im still happy with it. The Terps on her are out of control. My girlfriend complains when i open a jar. She loves the smell of cannabis usually. But this is so strong you can smell it 3 blocks away and it makes your eyes water. She way more potent than I thought for a cultivar that averages 16% thc. It hits you more like a 20 to 25%. I was upset that I popped all 4 and didn't keep mom especially with my second pheno she's the strongest. I could go into the whole history of the cultivar but There's a awesome article about it. Ill post the link at the end of this post. I can't recommend this cultivar more for anyone in the north with harsh cold wet climates. She's a outdoor only cultivar but grow and taste and looks like its grown indoors. She doesn't do well indoors for some reason. I didn't do nearly as good as someone who is seasoned at growing outside. I hadn't grown outdoor in 20 years. Look at my pics it came out good even though I messed up a bunch of times. So if you know what your doing shell come out even better then mine did. I can't recommend this more to any novice or expert in Northern cold wet climates. Because she has Durban Poison in her she does go 10 or more weeks so she does not finish early but She resists mold, rot and pests very well. My neighbors all were getting bud rot and the TexadaTimeWarp got 0 rot.
Here's a article about it and some photos of my grow from this year. https://cannareps.ca/texada-timewarp-a-forgotten-past/

Sunrise pic of My TexadaTimeWarp.
SunbRiseColas

Pheno 3 flower
SinglePheno2small

Pheno 1 flower
FrostyPheno1

Cola
SingleColaSun

Pheno 2 even the lowers look nice.
SmallLower

Last edited:
juggernaut

juggernaut

VERY NICE!!!!!!
ANYMORE???
I was looking at ShivaSkunk
Maybe an early flowering Green Crack?

BDH420

BDH420

VERY NICE!!!!!!
ANYMORE???
I was looking at ShivaSkunk
Maybe an early flowering Green Crack?
Anything fast finishing like Hindu or afghan cultivars would work nice up in Canada. Also how about auto flowers? They finish super quick. But look into the TexadaTImeWarp. It's easy to find up in Canada. Since its bread in the Texada isles. It's so hardy no mold or rot or pests here in MA, She's the easiest outdoor cultivar I have ever grown. She doesn't finish quickly at all though. She has a lot of Durban Poison trates so she goes 10 plus weeks. But she makes up for it with her mold and pest resisting powers.

BDH420

BDH420

I'm limited for the number of plants I can grow and auto flowering plants don't yield very much:(
check out kiwi seeds for the TexadaTimeWarp because she is crossed with 2 pounder she has extremely big yeilds. She can grow Mendo Dope size if you know what your doing. She's the best cultivar i have grown outdoors yet. All my neighbors had some serious bud rot from all the rain this year. But my girls where mold free. She seems to do better in harsh climates. The bag appeal and potency are up there also shes a great cultivar for outside. Just incase you missed it in the last post heres a sweet write up on cultivar. https://cannareps.ca/texada-timewarp-a-forgotten-past/

juggernaut

juggernaut

I can't find the Texada Timewarp. Is it under another name (2 pounder)?

BDH420

BDH420

I can't find the Texada Timewarp. Is it under another name (2 pounder)?
If your still looking for this cultivar last summer i back crossed her because i was running low on seeds. I had won these in a give away and only got 4 seeds. I have back crossed her twice now. The picture in the original post of the sunrise with all the colas is from the first batch I back crossed. I still have some seeds left. Always open to trade some beans. my second round seems even better lots of purple seems to have come out. which was prevalent in all 3 phenos i did last year. here's some current pics of the Texada. I wasn't going for yield as i got my plants out very late due to Phish Tour. I travel a lot and follow Phish around the country. It's a yearly tradition since 1993 So instead of yield i went for seed stock last year. this year is yield. lol The terps on her are amazing. She's become my favorite cultivar. If you live in a cold northern climate like i do in MA shes a awesome cultivar grows effortlessly. I feed them nothing but water and compost teas. she's very mold and pest resilient also. No bud rot even 2 years ago when it rained almost all fall. Oh thats just one bowl of seeds i have a lot more than just that bowl. that's just from the lowers of one plant.

Screenshot 20221004 130142
PXL 20221017 170024488
PXL 20221009 221014650MP
PXL 20221103 182734919
PXL 20221027 213607389
PXL 20221027 135407080
Screenshot 20221015 134912
Top Bottom