Sumatran landrace

• Thread starter TROCOLO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

TROCOLO

Hello everybody

I am growing a landrace called Sumatra Tuk-Tuk, supposedly from Northern Sumatra province.

I have read about an old strain called Sumatran Tripping Weed, from Aceh. But I don't know if mi plants belong to that strain.

"Sumatran Tripping weed" as it was called in the 80's is a different animal altogether. Possibly the most potent weed I've ever smoked (equal with Thai Stick). A bit like smoking methamphetamine.

Here is a pic of mine.

http://img502.invalid.com/img502/565/98295567.jpg

Greetings.

jagle

jagle

very cool man, where did you get the pure landrace seeds?

lovely looking plant structure

B

Biggestpothead

Wow!! now that's pure fucking sativa. Should be very trippy

T

TROCOLO

Hi Jagle, Northone and Biggestpothead

Jagle, I got the seeds from a friend in a Spanish forum. He told me that he got the seeds from a friend of him that visited Sumatra in a trip. Tuk Tuk is a touristic town in the island of Samosir, which is in the lake Toba.

Thank you for your welcome Northone. I have seen a pic of your Ghanian sativa, and it looks really great.

This strain needs a very hard work of breeding and selection. As many Southest Asian sativas is very hermie prone. Males are as rare as hens teeth, I have never see one, and I hope to find some males and begin to breed out the intersex tendencies.

Biggestpothead, I have smoked it only twice because the heavy rains of last year ruins the entire crop. So the only buds I got were immature samples. The first time the high was really great, trippy and long lasting. It makes your brain works at very fast speed and multitask, LoL... The second time, many months later, was very weak, I think because the weed was very poor preserved.

So I would like to test it again to be sure that it worth the effort. Or in order to choose only the best high plants for breeding.

Best regards.

fractal

fractal

Oh god that looks awesome. I love the head trip weed, I am a manic by nature so it kind of evens the keel for me.

T

TROCOLO

Hi Greenjoe, Fractal and everybody.

Thank you for your replies.

I agree with you Northone. My first goal is to choose the best high plants for making seeds. For me avoiding the intersexual traits is important too, but secondary. I prefer a very good and strong high strain with a lot of hermies than a sexual stable but weak potency strain.

I would like to share this strain with everybody, but I think that I wouldn't be honest giving seeds of a strain that can be a headache for any grower. I must to verify that its high is good in most plants and not only in a few. It is very deceptive to grow a plant, taking care many months to discover later that its high doesn't worth the trouble.

Greetings.

T

TROCOLO

Hi Fractal

I love the cerebral high of the sativas. It a pity that a 100% pure sativa strain is so difficult to find these days.

Greetings

T

TROCOLO

If you grow pure sativas you cannot be an impatient person. LoL

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Patience is a Virtue

Let the girls finish northone, if they are ready off with their heads. If they aren't let them perfect themselves. Just my humble opinion, hope everything is great in your world. Take care

mal

km1

km1

too bad this thread fizzled out

...i want sumatra tripping weed lol

long flower sativas are not for the weak of heart

also wanted to ask fractal if that was a photo of Lou reed and "Rachel"

Latest posts

Top Bottom