Summer 2014 outdoor from 65 N. lat.

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

I no longer hope for any of these to start flower outside, much less finish.
It was a dream for the Freezeland on the right, and an expectation for the three autos on the left.
DSCN4105
And the seedlings that will fill out the flower space for what I plan to be my last cycle prior to shutting down 12/12 for winter.
DSCN4106
This will make my flower room with nine seedlings, all new.
Not exactly.
One is a pre98 Bubba that I have loved and lost, so more of a resurrection attempt.
So this thread should be titled "A summer of seedling veg at 65 deg. North"
I'll carry this thread though harvest and enumerate details of all seeds when I bring them inside.
Some are very interesting.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I no longer hope for any of these to start flower outside, much less finish.
It was a dream for the Freezeland on the right, and an expectation for the three autos on the left.
View attachment 433219
And the seedlings that will fill out the flower space for what I plan to be my last cycle prior to shutting down 12/12 for winter.
View attachment 433223
This will make my flower room with nine seedlings, all new.
Not exactly.
One is a pre98 Bubba that I have loved and lost, so more of a resurrection attempt.
So this thread should be titled "A summer of seedling veg at 65 deg. North"
I'll carry this thread though harvest and enumerate details of all seeds when I bring them inside.
Some are very interesting.
Way to hang in there....finishing em is a bitch when mother nature isn't on there page....what kind of preventive measures or steps will you take to ensure you minimize problems that could occur bringing outdoor inside...

All I do is a neem mislxture with organic soap that's NOT antifungal or antibacterial I get it at whole foods and litteraly drop or two in sprayer or three or so drops per gallon...I use Einstein neem oil but I know people have their preferences ...systemic and foliar the week prior to indoor I have a transition room inside they go through incase they need one more week of treatment before hitting the tent

Dunge

Dunge

As your minor reward for following this thread, I offer a meager conclusion.
Autos still not cutting it.
At this writing I give up on them and will not buy more, until tempted to do so.

On the bright side were two who did nicely.
Two girls of summer, a pre 98 Bubba and a SinMint, were just harvested and made a nice contribution to the my collection.
20141109 154006 20141109 154023
This is the SinMint.

PS I'm probably not going to bother growing pot outside next summer.
Many plants do grow well in interior Alaska, and I'll work on them.
Keep the MMJ in the basement with a little summer veg maybe.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's your biggest problem growing outside up there?

I probably shouldn't make this confession, but what the fuck. I LOVE Alaska: The Last Frontier (because I like the family).

Dunge

Dunge

What's your biggest problem growing outside up there?
The biggest problem is too much light!
Light deprivation in latitudes where it gets dark at night only requires twilight coverage (I assume).
Here it requires blackout for a full 12 hours and the related humidity / fungus problems.
This is why i have bothered to grow auto flowers.
I have yet to find an auto I like.
I doesn't help the "night" temps can easily go below 50 deg at any time.
I too love Alaska.
Another legal state.
Wonder what that means.

Latest posts

Top Bottom