Summer heat???

• Thread starter Hippy Powers
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hippy Powers

It has been hot as Hades for this late around here. All my plants, indica/sativa are showing amber, up to 30% on some. The deal is that I am not seeing that much cloudy and many are clear. They are all a bit different, as expected, but several look ready. The odd part for me is that the indicas are the farthest behind and just starting to cloud up, which I thought was wrong because aren't they supposed to take longer? Bruce Banner is nearly all cloudy without much amber. Jack is ready to harvest but just not that much cloudy trichomes but plenty of amber. The sativas maturing before the indicas? The worms and white flies have had a field day so I hit them with DE and eventually BT. It hurt them. This is my first real grow outdoors and the weather is finally supposed to tone down tomorrow so.... do I just go ahead and harvest or wait and see if the cooler weather will bring out the trics?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

It has been hot as Hades for this late around here. All my plants, indica/sativa are showing amber, up to 30% on some. The deal is that I am not seeing that much cloudy and many are clear. They are all a bit different, as expected, but several look ready. The odd part for me is that the indicas are the farthest behind and just starting to cloud up, which I thought was wrong because aren't they supposed to take longer? Bruce Banner is nearly all cloudy without much amber. Jack is ready to harvest but just not that much cloudy trichomes but plenty of amber. The sativas maturing before the indicas? The worms and white flies have had a field day so I hit them with DE and eventually BT. It hurt them. This is my first real grow outdoors and the weather is finally supposed to tone down tomorrow so.... do I just go ahead and harvest or wait and see if the cooler weather will bring out the trics?
cooler temps is ideal,the amber one i would harvest,i harvest mine 50-50 cloudy amber,for a speedy high,daily able to do things medicine,are they pure breed sativa?sativa enjoy hot weather but has limits too if you dig,the leaves real thin ?

H

Hippy Powers

Thanks. When to harvest exactly is apparently a hot potato issue among growers. Some want light amber about while others want all amber. Seems the hash folks want all amber, which if you are going to make a nice relaxing hash makes sense to me and what I plan to do with the indica leaning. I think i will follow your advice. A problem I have is time. It takes time to harvest these monsters and work keeps getting in the way. Yes, I will harvest the most amber first. It is a Jack Herer but I think it is the indica phenotype as it doesn't look like an xmas tree. Have another that is supposed to be pure indica, huge wide leaves at first but now I could hang bulbs and put presents under it. Figured out you really need to be able to trust your seed vendor. So much misinfo out here. I'll let you know how it goes. Finally nice upper 60's after brutal 90's all month. I am ready for my woollies.

BigCube

BigCube

Thanks. When to harvest exactly is apparently a hot potato issue among growers. Some want light amber about while others want all amber. Seems the hash folks want all amber, which if you are going to make a nice relaxing hash makes sense to me and what I plan to do with the indica leaning. I think i will follow your advice. A problem I have is time. It takes time to harvest these monsters and work keeps getting in the way. Yes, I will harvest the most amber first. It is a Jack Herer but I think it is the indica phenotype as it doesn't look like an xmas tree. Have another that is supposed to be pure indica, huge wide leaves at first but now I could hang bulbs and put presents under it. Figured out you really need to be able to trust your seed vendor. So much misinfo out here. I'll let you know how it goes. Finally nice upper 60's after brutal 90's all month. I am ready for my woollies.

Yeah it really is a fine line too. I personally dont like the down. So I cut when most are milky and maybe %10 amber. But others love majority amber. Through years of smoking and growing, you get to find your sweet spot. Letting it go a little longer to see if you like it may be worth it. I do every now and then still. Let it go longer than I normally do, just to see. Lol

35 years

35 years

I have finished harvesting everything,The Shit that killed Elvis [my own stock],Gorrilla Glue #4,and Mendocino Purps.None of these should be ready for another 2or 3 weeks,but we also experianced the 90 degree weather thruout Sept.

H

Hippy Powers

As a follow up. I harvested in stages and am in the fourth stage for most. The early stuff had chemical burn and mold. The chemicals (potassium bicarbonate) was to help stop the mold so it was probably no worse than if I didn't try (used the wrong strength). Mold everywhere. Next year, maybe no indica because if there is climate change, we are set to get the wet summers like we did this one (again, outdoors in Oklahoma). This cool weather really helped the girls. Put on thick coat of trichomes. Really nice stuff I harvested yesterday for the last of the bud. Now, it is mostly larf left on the plants. I want to see the majority of the trichomes turn brown and bubble hash the rest. We have had three straight sub freezing nights; 28, 32, 30. Fan leaves all dead. Now will I start seeing brown trichomes? I want seriously brown for what is left to see the difference in the bubble between really brown and just cloudy.

Top Bottom