Summer Solstice...Longest Day of the Year...Did you Feel the Earth Shift?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
With today being the longest day of the year, when the sun reaches it highest point in the sky in the northern hemisphere. Did you feel the Earth shake when the sun went from reaching the highest point, now days get shorter because of the Earth's orbit?
A few years back I was at the beach on the 21st, and said about the sun and the Earth's orbit, causing the days to get shorter after today. I jokingly said that you can feel when the sun reaches the peak and starts down the other side. Later that afternoon, a BUNCH of people either told me they felt it, or they heard it happen. :)
…..and today they will probably feel it again!

cruzin

cruzin

With today being the longest day of the year, when the sun reaches it highest point in the sky in the northern hemisphere. Did you feel the Earth shake when the sun went from reaching the highest point, now days get shorter because of the Earth's orbit?
A few years back I was at the beach on the 21st, and said about the sun and the Earth's orbit, causing the days to get shorter after today. I jokingly said that you can feel when the sun reaches the peak and starts down the other side. Later that afternoon, a BUNCH of people either told me they felt it, or they heard it happen. :)
…..and today they will probably feel it again!
Ya I felt it. I'm hoping my satellite provider is not asleep at the wheel or my dish net will not be coming in

Top Bottom