Sun System® LEC™ 315 Light Emitting Ceramic Fixture

• Thread starter DAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DAT

DAT

Does anyone have this light? I have a 4 by 4 tent and I need new light.

It looks interesting. The ballast is actually in the hood with a little fan.
It comes with the light.
I found it online for $468. I don't think that's bad a bad price for all that.
It is supposed to be cost efficient and have a really good spectrum.

DAT

DAT

@Billyboat , Thank you for the reply.
Do you need to run A/C or have the room very cool due to the heat that the ballast creates in the hood..... and Is the hood very hot to the touch when it has been on a while. ?
Please let me know how your flowering turns out using it. Good Luck !

Billyboat

Billyboat

@Billyboat , Thank you for the reply.
Do you need to run A/C or have the room very cool due to the heat that the ballast creates in the hood..... and Is the hood very hot to the touch when it has been on a while. ?
Please let me know how your flowering turns out using it. Good Luck !

I'm only running them in my veg room, I flower under 1ks.

I have a dedicated ac for my veg room.

They seem to run pretty cool but the fixture itself is warm to the touch. I'll take some temp readings tomorrow.

Cheers!

Reactions: DAT
DAT

DAT

Thanks for checking this for me @Billyboat :cool:. Those numbers are of great value to me.
I need to get one of those ir guns.. are they reliable??? which kind do you suggest?
I want to figure the temp difference between this LEC light and my adjust a wing avenger loaded with 600 watt hps. :cat:

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

Nice setup. What is that, like $5k worth of CMH? Sorry but I'm nowhere close to Colorado.

How much do you want to sell the LEC for then? :)

I think 350 shipped would be reasonable for a like new fixture. I even have the original box. I'm giving it another shot in a different setup in the next few weeks, but you'll be the first to know when I decide to sell it.

B

basement bob

@Coir I was trying to find a picture!:p

@MidniteGardener I paid about $410 out the door on average. I've got 25 of them :rolleyes: So, yep. About double that 5k.....

Bob

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

Damn. Well you obviously like them haha. Are those sativa? What kind of yield per light are you getting?

B

basement bob

It was Craigslist clones, so your guess is as good as mine. They were labeled Killawatt, Chemdog and Heavy Duty Fruity. 1st time with 12 lights I yielded a little over 8 units. About a gram per watt.

Second time was 10 units.
So really good for me.

Bob

MidniteGardener

MidniteGardener

o_O That's killer. I'm glad they're working out for you. These lights are definitely efficient at making light. It's just that where I'm at you need AC year round, and heat has always been by nemesis. I bought it for a low watt veg light but with my setup the T5 just keeps the girls happier and they can grow right up to the light.

G

Greeninthumb

315w is a low light level for a 4x4 but it will work. 600 would be better.

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Does this light not conform to the usual 50W/ft² rule? I plan on using one in a small space but it probably won't work if these run at a lower density...

Latest posts

Top Bottom