Sun System 315 Supplemental Lighting For 4x4 Flower

• Thread starter Justcuz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Justcuz

Hello guys,
Whole lot of experience here and looking to tap into some.
I’m in need of some supplemental lighting for a 4x4 for flowering with a Sun System 315 internal ballast. I have looked at everything from T5’s to Cob and everything in between, but I would like some input from experience as opposed to internet fodder and reviews. Looking for the BEST addition to 315 in the 4x4. Not a complete new setup.
Veg is a non issue.
Thanks

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I like a 600 hps next to a 315 cmh but in a 4x6 area. Maybe a 400 hps in a 4x4. My best plants were in the overlap of a hortilux 600 super hps and a phillips 315 3100k.

J

Justcuz

Thanks guys,
So overlap isn’t a bad thing?
Thought about another 315 but I was worried about the overlap. I’m able to keep the temperature in check.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks guys,
So overlap isn’t a bad thing?
Thought about another 315 but I was worried about the overlap. I’m able to keep the temperature in check.

Well the lamps should be spaced out to their expected footprint. 315’s i believe are supposed to be 3 feet apart.

But more points of light more angles and more plant lit well.

But with these lower power bulbs as long as canopy temps are kept in range i dont see a problem. Many flower a 4x4 with a 630. Which is 2 315’s in one reflector.

MBVapester

MBVapester

I had 4 of 315s in my 4x8 flower tent for a bit and they loved it but back to 3 now as needed the 4th in a new veg tent. If money was no object I think 5 in a 4x8 would be a sweet spot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom