Sunlight Systems UK supplies - FDP Wholesale (Warning)

• Thread starter theherbalizor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey folks,

Well after all the talk about Sunlight Supplies gear I decided to get myself 2 blockbuster shades.

Well I got one last week and installed it. Came with some strange plug adaptor (which is fine) and is, as advertised, 100% sealed. Wohoo. My first actual properly sealed hood that is not a cool tube. Should be at £154.00.

So I went and got the second one and installed that today. First thing I note is that it comes with a uk plug directly on the hood. No adaptor. Ok, cool.

So I hang it all and just about to turn the fans back on and say to my mate that its great these shades dont even whistle they are so sealed.

Turn the fans on and whistle and hardly any airflow from exhaust. Check all ducting, fine. Check new hood and find it has air pissing out the sides. Compare to the other blockbuster to see if I have made a basic error only to find that the second hood has a completly different and totally crap designed glass housing / cover part. No sealent, a good 5-10 mm gap all way round.

So I have had to tape it up for now, but I am not having that. It kind of looks like comparing a cheap knock off version to the real one.

Who knows, I will take some shots later on. But will bring this up with the store and FDP.

But just to beware. Check your hoods in the shop. It could save you ALOT of ball ache. I am hoping I can just change the bottom / glass screen section but have a feeling the hinges are made differently.

ARSE!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I have taken pictures of the differences. I will upload them when I get a chance.

But here is todays update.

Went along to the store where purchased. Explained the problem and they said I could check their stock. They had 5 'proper' ones and 2 'dodgy' ones.

I showed them the diffs and they couldn't believe their eyes. And came to same conclusion as me, cheap knock off's.

So, he gave me a new one and I have now changed over and all is good!!! Just got to get this tape off of the crap one and take it back.

Where does the problem lie......

Well either FDP is putting out dodgy copies and mixing them into the normal stock. Some how I do not think so.

What I think has happened is that the stock that got recalled in the US has probably been shipped over by accident. Or they are trying to hide a couple hundred units amongst a big container full. Who knows.

S

STUPPA

What I think has happened is that the stock that got recalled in the US has probably been shipped over by accident. Or they are trying to hide a couple hundred units amongst a big container full. Who knows.

I can't believe they would do that, thats a great way to lose business really quick . Maybe they just had someone on quality control who was bit ...erm stoned and just did'nt notice i dunno.

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey herbalizor, how are you?

I have a friend going to the UK and he would like to know about any recommended grow supplies stores around the London area. Got any advice? Thanks!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Progrow all the way!!! If your looking in that area.

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey, thanks for the tip, but I check their website http://www.progrow.co.uk and it says they are in Exeter, Devon, about 400km away from London... or it is a different store?

Top Bottom