sunshine advanced #4 ph?

• Thread starter hellaouts
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hellaouts

hellaouts

So I have used Sunshine advanced #4 in the yellow bag now for a few runs and have always gave my pots 5.8 ph water my run off has almost always come off at 5.7-5.9... As of recently it has been running a bit low 5.3-5.5. I flushed my pots with 6.3 in most cases with just better then twice the container volume till they all came out to 5.8. Went to water today with 6.0 and the run off 5.5ish strait across..... I REALLY don't want to flush all these fucking pots again my back is tired.
Can someone who has experience with soiless mixes that contain coco and peat share with me some advice. Thnx

I

ibTheMan

Good question, i have ran SunShine#4 for ah while and i always try to be at 6.0 (5.3 to 5.5 Way To Low), but im pretty sure now that AN recommends 6.2 to 6.5 for sunshine#4 so im go n to have to call them and ask direct.

hellaouts

hellaouts

Good question, i have ran SunShine#4 for ah while and i always try to be at 6.0 (5.3 to 5.5 Way To Low), but im pretty sure now that AN recommends 6.2 to 6.5 for sunshine#4 so im go n to have to call them and ask direct.

Thnx ub. AN recommends 6.2 to 6.5 for Sunshine advanced? See this is where I'm confused because I read an e mail from them that said 6.3 for soiless mixes that contain peet but not coco and 5.8 for coco. I flush till it comes out in the range I want, when it does it gives me a relieved feeling that I'm done flushing. When I come back in 3 days and I have to do it over again extreme anger.

dankworth

dankworth

If I could volunteer some advice that was not really asked for..

I used regular sunshine mix #4 for about two years, handwatering.
Then I switched to coco/perlite mixes(3/4 perlite)

Just run your nutes at 5.8-6.0(in coco that is), get your 20-30% runoff, and you will have bigger buds that are frostier and taste better, and plants that grow faster.

I have handwatered sunshine mix #4, handwatered coco/perlite mixes, topdripped perlite/vermiculite mixes, ebb-and-flowed into clay pellets, rdwc, and a couple of other things.

I will be settling on coco/hydroton mix getting irrigated several times per hour with very small amounts(coco causes highest growth rates when it is fairly saturated)

Coco mixes offer amazing performance for indoor container gardening.

My buddy tried my cut in sunshine #4. It was fucking horrible. I could not smoke it.
Then he tried coco/perlite hempy buckets. He is so much more happy with the meds now.

A little coco added to peat/soil mixes is good, but a lot of coco mixed with an inert medium(perlite or hydroton) straight up kicks ass and takes names.
BTW it is the K and S that coco kicks down as it slowly degrades over time that helps cause the huge buds and awesome flavor.

We all need
1. better weed
2. more weed

Coco will get you both.

I hope this is helpful.

Top Bottom