Super Confused: Any input from experienced/seasoned growers?!

• Thread starter KingsCropCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
yeah I very very very rarely deal with bugs, so most will no more about that then me , but I thought Pyrethrin in Doktor doom was OMRI listed.
Not quite, Pyrethrin on it's own is approved for use in organic gardening but OMRI certification and restrictions can be a bit different. The second ingredient piperonyl butoxide is absolutely not approved for organic gardening.

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

yeah I very very very rarely deal with bugs, so most will no more about that then me , but I thought Pyrethrin in Doktor doom was OMRI listed.
It might be I didn’t see it on the front of the can and only read lots of bad reviews the other one you recommended looked good

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I am finding my wish list for things we should have in Canada is getting longer. There is a re-evaluation (suspended) on Spinosad. However certain Pyrethrins are still available, what ever happened to the good old days of DDT fogging trucks. Growing outdoors, which I am relegated to, will always be a battle of time, elements, bugs and how much you want to fuck with your end results by spraying shit on them. Life is series of compromises, I don't really believe that crap but it seems to fit.

Last edited:
Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I checked out the Doktor Doom and I would not recommend this product, the purecrop1 looks good and is organic but I didn’t see if it was OMRI listed.
I would recommend Spinosad like I was recommended by dirtbag!
OMRI is at the bottom of the organic certifiers imo. Ive just heard not so good of comments from others. CDFA is the best from what ive heard and seen

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
That's thrips damage, you need spinosad. Even monterrey garden insect spray will wipe them out. Dont need any of that other stuff, I wouldnt even bother with neem. Spinosad for thrips.
Hello dirtbag have you ever used spinosad on seedlings? They are just popping out their second set of true leaves.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hello dirtbag have you ever used spinosad on seedlings? They are just popping out their second set of true leaves.

I personally have not. I dont think it would harm them since you are in the true leaf stage though, but I can't say for sure. Im hesitant to use anything on seedlings in general.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I personally have not. I dont think it would harm them since you are in the true leaf stage though, but I can't say for sure. Im hesitant to use anything on seedlings in general.
Ok thanks for the feedback. There still doing good so may wait till the third set of leaves come in then give a low dose a go .

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Ok thanks for the feedback. There still doing good so may wait till the third set of leaves come in then give a low dose a go .
Watchout how much you use it. I wouldnt reapply for atleast 10 to 21 days. Thats for older plants.

Do you have bugs? Spinosad ive heard is kind of a last resort type of a deal. Dont think becuase its bacteria oh, i can use it as much as i want no....this bacteria is only found in certain places its bad for bees and bennies too....read precautionary statements be responsible with this product. Watersheds should not come in contact with it. I got monterey brand and thats what it says upon other directions that get me thinking last resort type deal...ive also read that it shoukdnt be applied to cannabis during flower nor should it be used more than twice a year/cycle.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Watchout how much you use it. I wouldnt reapply for atleast 10 to 21 days. Thats for older plants.

Do you have bugs? Spinosad ive heard is kind of a last resort type of a deal. Dont think becuase its bacteria oh, i can use it as much as i want no....this bacteria is only found in certain places its bad for bees and bennies too....read precautionary statements be responsible with this product. Watersheds should not come in contact with it. I got monterey brand and thats what it says upon other directions that get me thinking last resort type deal...ive also read that it shoukdnt be applied to cannabis during flower nor should it be used more than twice a year/cycle.
Well said! I won’t spray anything on my plants once I switch to flower. It all shows back up when pressing rosin.
And no worries on the bees I only do indoor.
Could still be the thrips or clover mites coming in from outside they die fast though with spinosad I just can kill these seeds so thought I’d ask before I spray.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Next time you get pests de earth them, cheap and organic will kill off any pest with an exoskeleton.

Top Bottom