Super Confused: Any input from experienced/seasoned growers?!

• Thread starter KingsCropCannabis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

There are 3 Orange Cookies girls that are almost done with Veg.
They had a run in with spider mites and 3 plants too heavily infested were removed!
They are in soil which is promix myco blend
The plants have been getting sprayed every couple of weeks for pests with organic neem oil spraying with Bonide organic neem oil spray.
The first time it was used it burnt the leaves on the plants so badly.
It has recently been diluted with water into another spray bottle but even an already diluted bottle then mixed with distilled water still causes what you see in the photo!
I am astonished and am trying to figure out what is going on here.
T5 lighting is being used and there are no other signs of deficiencies or surplus in any nutrient
Everything should be on point and I am trying to figure out why the neem oil is affecting the leaves and the plant the way it is?
My only thoughts could be that neem oil spray could be running off and affecting the plant via the roots?
It just doesn’t make sense to me and I will not be purchasing this brand again and the only reason I did was because I didnt have pure neem oil available at the time to concoct my own organic spray.
I also made sure to include a photo of the top of the same plant to show healthy adult fan leaves

Any advice or thoughts on what is happening would be awesome because these girls are going to want to go into flower in the next 2-4 weeks and I am never a fan of going into flower if there are any symptoms of anything wrong such as disease or illness

Super confused any input from experiencedseasoned growers
Super confused any input from experiencedseasoned growers 2
Super confused any input from experiencedseasoned growers 3
Super confused any input from experiencedseasoned growers 4
916Fisherman

916Fisherman

2nd pic looks like bug bites to me. Mites can become immune to neem oil over time, especially diluted. A good old pressure wash with a water hose Nozel And drench everything around it has been by far my best treatment against spider mites and sulfur for russet mites.

Dr.B

Dr.B

They had a run in with spider mites and 3 plants too heavily infested were removed!
The plants have been getting sprayed every couple of weeks for pests with organic neem oil spraying with Bonide organic neem oil spray.
It has recently been diluted with water into another spray bottle but even an already diluted bottle then mixed with distilled water still causes what you see in the photo!
T5 lighting is being used and there are no other signs of deficiencies or surplus in any nutrient
Everything should be on point and I am trying to figure out why the neem oil is affecting the leaves and the plant the way it is?
My only thoughts could be that neem oil spray could be running off and affecting the plant via the roots?
It just doesn’t make sense to me and I will not be purchasing this brand again and the only reason I did was because I didnt have pure neem oil available at the time to concoct my own organic spray.
I also made sure to include a photo of the top of the same plant to show healthy adult fan leaves

Any advice or thoughts on what is happening would be awesome because these girls are going to want to go into flower in the next 2-4 weeks and I am never a fan of going into flower if there are any symptoms of anything wrong such as disease or illness
Have you also been using sulfur products by any chance? Neem within 30 days of sulphur is a toxic mix.

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

Have you also been using sulfur products by any chance? Neem within 30 days of sulphur is a toxic mix.
Hmm I only foliar spray with water and honey but usually just distilled water while doing honey water mixture every few foliar sprays

Dr.B

Dr.B

What would be an example of something that contains that?
Sulfur? Or Neem? That's hard to answer without coming off as snippy lol. I'm really not trying to be.

My sulfur powder would be an example of a product that contains sulfur @ 92% purity or so. It can be mixed with water for a foliar spray application if things are not looking good in the fungus department. It will also deal with some pest varieties.

My cold pressed Neem Oil would be an example of a product that contains neem oil @ about 100% purity. It can also be diluted for a foliar spray application... I only spray fabric pots with that one...

I only use those two products, so I can only speak to them specifically. Not good to mix them in the plants environment. I've recently sprayed a neem concoction on my pots in flower, (Day 5) so I chose to not do a sulfur foliar spray in there, my mother tent got a light sulfur spray as a precaution because I had not had the need to treat those fabric pots...

I know there are pre mixed sprays for specific things that contain either neem or sulfur but they also tend to contain other ingredients. If sulfur is the answer I'll take the time to mix my own.

Last edited:
blasius

blasius

When using Neem Oil watch the temps, because the oily stuff burns up the leaves closest to light. Maybe spray before lights off.

When using Neem Oil watch the temps from your lights above canopy. Too much heat and the oil heating up and it'll fry your leaves. Better to spray before lights go out

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Had a guy just recently tell me he used a can of Doktor doom, brought his plants in from outside and had mites, he said it killed everything, but I figure he may get somemore if they laid eggs, also purecrop1 is supposed to be good from what I hear that can be used in flower

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

When using Neem Oil watch the temps, because the oily stuff burns up the leaves closest to light. Maybe spray before lights off.

When using Neem Oil watch the temps from your lights above canopy. Too much heat and the oil heating up and it'll fry your leaves. Better to spray before lights go out
Great advice but that was not the problem for me in this case luckily

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

Had a guy just recently tell me he used a can of Doktor doom, brought his plants in from outside and had mites, he said it killed everything, but I figure he may get somemore if they laid eggs, also purecrop1 is supposed to be good from what I hear that can be used in flower
I checked out the Doktor Doom and I would not recommend this product, the purecrop1 looks good and is organic but I didn’t see if it was OMRI listed.
I would recommend Spinosad like I was recommended by dirtbag!

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

From the origin of the post I was unsure what was starting to happen to my plants but it is aware to me that after taking them outside I introduced them to thrips and there already have been small amounts of fungus gnats.
I do not have any insecticide other than neem oil currently but I do have Diatomaceous Earth that is OMRI listed and have done a foliar spray on the vegetative growth as well as once that dried I top dressed the soil with a couple small scoops and mixed in lightly with the top half inch of soil.
I will be looking into getting Spinosad and using that on my plants from here on out until I get a better and more natural or self sustaining method to keep pests at bay

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

yeah I very very very rarely deal with bugs, so most will no more about that then me , but I thought Pyrethrin in Doktor doom was OMRI listed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom