super crop or super flop

• Thread starter matthew117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

matthew117

Yesterday i super cropped my plant, they are pretty large in size and i been super cropping prior to this. But this til something different happened, the top had dried up almost in 20 minutes and the bend i made had turned purple. i tried watering and nothing happened. So i waited a day to see if it just went in to shock, but instead i found all my other super crops and dried half way like the other did. Do any of you guy know why this happened so i can avoid this in the future?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Got any pics? I pinch and bend branches regularly with stretchy plants in flower sometimes past week 6. Never had a problem like you describe.

M

matthew117

This is what they look like. One got too bad and died so I had to snip its. But it just rained to it looks soggy now.

AF59BFE7 15BD 424C 9F05 6080FDA883D9
B663632D FC90 4C8C AA65 50B0B78575E9
DDF66D14 1438 428A 8034 52C8D3923A14
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Oh damn!I super crop regularly and I,v never seen this happen in my life.i,v seen me pinching the stem too hard and crushed it too much and the bit above the pinch dies from having it's supply of water and nutrients cut off.
Never had this happen though.it looks like u done the super crop ok too.curious.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Super crop before u water, keeps the stems pliable. I’ve had what u describe if the plant has a lot of vigor, water, it basically snaps the plant fibers too much leading to stem death. Always super crop when stems are droopy, I also stress bend them a few days ahead before the initial pinch

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I'venever had this happen to me, as it seem that only some of the leaves are affected, but it might be poor eyesight. I know that some strains are better able to withstand a bend or kink... some bend and some snap. I try to roll them between pointing finger and thumb a little to soften them up, but some just don't handle it well. I have never seen what you have had happen though. Mine either bend, or snap. I've never had them die from bending.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Yesterday i super cropped my plant, they are pretty large in size and i been super cropping prior to this. But this til something different happened, the top had dried up almost in 20 minutes and the bend i made had turned purple. i tried watering and nothing happened. So i waited a day to see if it just went in to shock, but instead i found all my other super crops and dried half way like the other did. Do any of you guy know why this happened so i can avoid this in the future?

My supercrops usually straighten back up by the next morning!? :/ So I bought a sack of tomato hooks for eight bucks, now some I just hook and tie, some I crop & some are a mix. I find it less stressful on the plant this way

20190707 075448

Latest posts

Top Bottom