Super cropping and flipping to flower on the same day... over vegged girls.

• Thread starter mikeross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeross

mikeross

I've got a plants that I should have moved into my flower room 2 weeks ago... currently almost at week 6, should have flipped at week 4.

This is a new setup and flower room wasn't finished on time. I flip flop flower rooms so don't have the option to veg in my flower room and my veg room does not have the space to super crop these plants out.

Can I move these plants into my flower room, super crop and possible top the mains I bend down, drop the trellis and flip to flower all in the same day? I've pinches tops and super cropped the odd plant in flower but that was just a hand full of eager plants and not the entire room.

Any feedback is much appreciated... thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got a plants that I should have moved into my flower room 2 weeks ago... currently almost at week 6, should have flipped at week 4.

This is a new setup and flower room wasn't finished on time. I flip flop flower rooms so don't have the option to veg in my flower room and my veg room does not have the space to super crop these plants out.

Can I move these plants into my flower room, super crop and possible top the mains I bend down, drop the trellis and flip to flower all in the same day? I've pinches tops and super cropped the odd plant in flower but that was just a hand full of eager plants and not the entire room.

IME it all depends in the grow style. The faster the growth rates the faster they recover. For eg. In my hydro or coco they don't skip a beat. In peat or soil they may appreciate a few days to recover.

mikeross

mikeross

IME it all depends in the grow style. The faster the growth rates the faster they recover. For eg. In my hydro or coco they don't skip a beat. In peat or soil they may appreciate a few days to recover.

It's a coco grow, 1.5 gallons of medium feed multiple times a day.

I think what I'm going to try and do is weave the branches down and not actually crop/break them over. Just a nice curve downward on every main, probably pinch the top of each main to get the side shoots to shoot up and grow.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's a coco grow, 1.5 gallons of medium feed multiple times a day.

I think what I'm going to try and do is weave the branches down and not actually crop/break them over. Just a nice curve downward on every main, probably pinch the top of each main to get the side shoots to shoot up and grow.
Lil trick to not breaking while bending (especially if using silica) pinch, twist and roll the stem over about a 2" area until you hear some crunching and it goes soft and bends easily. Then tie or tuck if your using a trellis. You will never break or split a stem again 😉

I'd have no issue of defoliation and flip same day with healthy plants doing high fertigation coco.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

i dont see why not? big deal your time goes off by a week or so

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Topping is fine but flipping the same day will give you 2 small buds where you top if you don't give them a few days to grow after cutting them. I like to leave at least 2 weeks after I top before I consider flipping. I'm a topping nut...I just can't help myself...against all advice I top top top some more. I like to veg for 2 months at least ( when I have the chance to ) But after 6-7 weeks I let em grow out.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

My profile picture is with rdwc. Super cropped and stripped all but the top nodes lol... Couldn't see the bucket one week later, like it never happened lol. I'd say go for the gold, make them do what you envision.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My profile picture is with rdwc. Super cropped and stripped all but the top nodes lol... Couldn't see the bucket one week later, like it never happened lol. I'd say go for the gold, make them do what you envision.
Yeah its all about the growth rates... I find the same... if they are fast the plants do t even blink for more than 30min to an hr.

mikeross

mikeross

Yeah its all about the growth rates... I find the same... if they are fast the plants do t even blink for more than 30min to an hr.
Now that's fast. For me the quick ones are upright within 4 hours... even the finicky ones will be upright by the end of the light cycle if I start cropping at lights on.

Ponky

Ponky

Is no problem
Screenshot 20211018 152507 Google

Latest posts

Top Bottom