Super Cropping.. How To Know When Need Assistance In Healing?

• Thread starter Trentski420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trentski420

Trentski420

Super cropping how to know when need assistance in healing
Super cropping how to know when need assistance in healing 2
so I have a massive mother I want to flower out with a few younger girls and in trying to I control the height I super cropped all the tops on the girl. This is only the 2nd maybe 3rd time I have tried this technique and I notice a lot of the time I get a cut seam where the stalk seems to almost blister open.. just curious as to if this is very common or if at this stage duct tape would be beneficial for healing? Thank you any assistance appreciated...

Edit: the opening doesn't appear until 1-2 days after initial bending

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
View attachment 707421 View attachment 707422 so I have a massive mother I want to flower out with a few younger girls and in trying to I control the height I super cropped all the tops on the girl. This is only the 2nd maybe 3rd time I have tried this technique and I notice a lot of the time I get a cut seam where the stalk seems to almost blister open.. just curious as to if this is very common or if at this stage duct tape would be beneficial for healing? Thank you any assistance appreciated...

Edit: the opening doesn't appear until 1-2 days after initial bending
It happens when you supercrop a hollow stem, you can put tape on it if you like but its not necessary. It will heal up to a knuckle before its done.

Trentski420

Trentski420

Cool cool... so I'm waiting for her to heal up before I flip should I continue to do that or is she good to flip soon as ready?
Edit: flipping to 12/12 is what im referring too

Leew421

Leew421

I super crop in flower sometimes if it stretching to far. 2 weeks should be enough recovery. Just mash all the fresh grow shoots and that will do good.

Derf Werfler

Derf Werfler

When I get minor splits I just leave them be and have had good recoveries. Sometimes however, if I get a major split when I SC, or overdoing some LST, (anything that makes my verbal "Oh-Shit-Alarm-O-Meter" become verbally expressed) then I will make a splint using tape and a toothpick to help prop it back up a bit while it heals. Last couple times on major alarm incidents I have started using some fresh Aloe-Vera on the injury before applying the splint. Something I learned here on the Farm. Recoveries have all been good. Maybe going this far on injuries only makes the Doctor feel better, but I have not killed the patient yet! :) As for me, I would go ahead and flip as normal, but that is just me. Good Luck and Green Vibes!

Trentski420

Trentski420

2nd this...it doesnt matter..will heal b4 yur stretch is over
Just trying to get some opinions here I started my bloom nutrients 5 days ago it reccomends to start 7-10 days priOr to starting flower .. I raised my light up to the ceiling and when I did so I removed the MH and replaced it with the HPS I'm starting to think it was a bad idea I got 4 in my grow closet 1 being the monster mentioned above and the other 3 being younger girls. 2 of these younger girls are showing large amount of stretching which is why I'm worried above the HPS.. should I just flip in 2-3 days like I plan to or maybe switch them to nighttime and flip tonight/ASAP

Edit: all this stretching took place while the MH was in plAce which is why I'm worried the HPS is gunna cause more
IMG 0939
IMG 0940
IMG 0941
IMG 0942

Trentski420

Trentski420

I took them out other day to get the light up and they could barley hold themselves up I'm hoping bamboo stakes and plastic trellis will do good enough to hold them together until harvest ... also need to get an oscillating fan on them ASAP the motor on my last one went ... and I do need a serious prune job I know lol

fatawa

fatawa

I raised my light up
this will make it stretch..how far up did u raise it?id go head with flip,throw n hps,and do some light lst as needed..but if your trying to keep them lower keep yur light 18-20" away if u can control temps

Trentski420

Trentski420

this will make it stretch..how far up did u raise it?id go head with flip,throw n hps,and do some light lst as needed..but if your trying to keep them lower keep yur light 18-20" away if u can control temps
Ok even if I have to dim ballast? It's 1000w dimmed to 50% until I get ac in In next few days

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

supercropping

in hydro, with in a couple hrs my tops will be lifting up. With in a week its really good. and 3 weeks its trying to bust thru the scrog net..

Latest posts

Top Bottom