Super low runoff EC super high runoff ph

• Thread starter Paradiced
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Paradiced

I'm in 2 gallon cocoa no perlite. Input 750 PPM pH 6.0. 2 l per hour drip emitters running 6 minutes half hour after lights on and then three more events at 12 minutes each. Run off is present.
Now the runoff tests at 350 ppms and 7.2 pH.
These were being watered with longer duration at 4x a day until 5 days ago when I took over
The first thing I did was reprogram the irrigation cycles to what I stated above. My meters are calibrated 100%. I'm just never seen this much discrepancy before and love some input is to why this happens. I've had success w Coco in the past with my personal grows so I know the basics. The lights are phantom LEDs I can't remember the make I'll take a picture.
Wow, that picture doesn't tell you much does it LOL that's the best I can do right now there at 75%. I'm more looking for some insight. Thanks farmers. Oh and by the way the plants aren't bad they don't look bad. Now the ones under the gaVita 1700e that is a different story OMG anytime I put something underneath those lights at 50%, well let's just say if plants could walk they would kick my ass in the next week.
Super low runoff ec super high runoff ph

P

Paradiced

The one thing I can add to this is that the runoff sits sometimes for a couple 3 hours in the saucer before I collect it. The only reason I'm collecting it in the first place was to dial in frequency and duration so I figured I'd check it and see the readings for the hell of it.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I've never grown using this method, but hopefully somebody sees this and helps out. If you don't get a reply from anyone tag me in with @Moe.Red and I'll try to find someone for you.

P

Paradiced

Oh yeah, that particular room is week 2 of 12/12.
Regarding pot size. My experience is in small pots. We have one flower room on the site with 7 gallon fabric pots full of coco. This one is week two of flower also looking amazing. What understand is the main benefit of a larger pot size with cocoa is less maintenance. A 7 gallon pot your watering once a day maybe twice once things really start to get ripping in the middle of the flower period. They say it takes longer to dry out? That's why you can get away with watering once a day? I'm confused because if your shot volume is 5% of your GVW why isn't that drying out at the same rate as something in a 2 gallon pot if everything has the same ratio for the shot size.

M

Mordokay

Everything I learned about coco was from Dr. MJ Coco's book and his website. Regarding low EC in runoff what he suggests is happening is very poor water distribution system. Drip systems are really not very adequate at uniformly distributing water. I would check his guide on how to manage runoff EC

PK1

PK1

Supporter
is the run off collected for each plant or is the run off from all the plants?

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

I'm in 2 gallon cocoa no perlite. Input 750 PPM pH 6.0. 2 l per hour drip emitters running 6 minutes half hour after lights on and then three more events at 12 minutes each. Run off is present.
Now the runoff tests at 350 ppms and 7.2 pH.
These were being watered with longer duration at 4x a day until 5 days ago when I took over
The first thing I did was reprogram the irrigation cycles to what I stated above. My meters are calibrated 100%. I'm just never seen this much discrepancy before and love some input is to why this happens. I've had success w Coco in the past with my personal grows so I know the basics. The lights are phantom LEDs I can't remember the make I'll take a picture.
Wow, that picture doesn't tell you much does it LOL that's the best I can do right now there at 75%. I'm more looking for some insight. Thanks farmers. Oh and by the way the plants aren't bad they don't look bad. Now the ones under the gaVita 1700e that is a different story OMG anytime I put something underneath those lights at 50%, well let's just say if plants could walk they would kick my ass in the next week.
View attachment 1217930
What nutrients are you using? I’m assuming you have a res. How stable dose your res stay? Also are you in coco ? If so try bringing your ph going in down to 5.8. 750 ppm seems low for being in flower.

P

Paradiced

Everything I learned about coco was from Dr. MJ Coco's book and his website. Regarding low EC in runoff what he suggests is happening is very poor water distribution system. Drip systems are really not very adequate at uniformly distributing water. I would check his guide on how to manage runoff EC
I all over this. I generally use drip rings in coco. This makes alot of sense to me. Will check it out. Ty friend

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

Don’t worry about the run off ph. If you try to correct it will be worse. Just keep your res at 5.8 to 6 it’s ok. The low ppm coming out is that they might be eating good or they just got in the new medium and all is not at full strength yet if that makes any sense. Also, might be the coco you are using, block or buffered in bag like canna professional? If you buffered your block, good it’s not that and bags are a no brainer. It can also be bacteria in the reservoir just make sure you clean that once a week and no light :)

Theindoorfarmer

Theindoorfarmer

The dry spot in your medium will raise the ec of your medium if the drip system is not watering evenly. Using a sap like product in your mix will also help in the even distribution of water (yucca).

Latest posts

Top Bottom