Super Silver Haze Dwc grow

• Thread starter Thebestoftheworst
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

So hello guys hope to meet some some cool people and get a little knowledge ,
Run down from beginning I germinated my fem super silver haze in 5.8 ph water in paper towel ect , no issue on on germinating in 24 hours seed had sprouted a tap root and already coming threw Rockwool .
I did not wait for first set of true leafs to form befor hitting the cal mag - mic,gro,bloom and rapid start root enhancer
Temps outside and in room were low 50s in res and ambient . After getting small heater I noticed much faster growth and leaf development although I can’t tell if my ppm of 300 was too high for a seedling . New temps in room with heater were 71 nights and 77 during day .
I’m on 20/4 light scedual with a 2500watt led set about 30 inches from top of plant as well as ballast turned down . I noticed some spots forming on my first two leafs from outside moving inward so after having res using that same set of nutes from seedling .
Being worried I re mixed new nutes at 420 ppm or .8 ec and gave it a day or two and I noticed spots haven’t spread more more gotten worse and plants seemed happy . Now my ph is 6.1 and I kinda wanted it lower 2/10s and I’m concerned to add ph down since I used ph up to bring up nutes . Can any one advise if this is ok ? I’d hate to waste the nutrients

Super silver haze dwc grow
Super silver haze dwc grow 2
Super silver haze dwc grow 3
Super silver haze dwc grow 4
Super silver haze dwc grow 5
Super silver haze dwc grow 6
Super silver haze dwc grow 7
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Welcome to the farm. You've come to the right place.

That's a lot of nutrients for a seedling. When you see salt building up on hydroton and you are still on your first node - you may be loving your plants a bit too much. Number one problem with new growers is over feeding / over watering.

I'm struggling to see what you have going on there, are these net pots sitting in a 5 gal bucket? Where is your water line compared to the bottom of the net pot, and are the roots all the way exposed yet? Looks like maybe you are top watering at the moment?

You say your light is 2500W, that is the "rating" and not the true power, correct? Maybe an Amazon blurple light?

You re-mixed to 420 (hehe weed number. 69. I'm a child) but you didn't say your start number - is this tap water?

I think maybe the cold slowing down your early growth has helped you not to kill the seedlings being over fed. Easy to get this all sorted tho. Fill in some blanks for me and I'll help ya.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Welcome to the farm. You've come to the right place.

That's a lot of nutrients for a seedling. When you see salt building up on hydroton and you are still on your first node - you may be loving your plants a bit too much. Number one problem with new growers is over feeding / over watering.

I'm struggling to see what you have going on there, are these net pots sitting in a 5 gal bucket? Where is your water line compared to the bottom of the net pot, and are the roots all the way exposed yet? Looks like maybe you are top watering at the moment?

You say your light is 2500W, that is the "rating" and not the true power, correct? Maybe an Amazon blurple light?

You re-mixed to 420 (hehe weed number. 69. I'm a child) but you didn't say your start number - is this tap water?

I think maybe the cold slowing down your early growth has helped you not to kill the seedlings being over fed. Easy to get this all sorted tho. Fill in some blanks for me and I'll help ya.
Sorry for late reply work called
So in regards to water it was reversed osmosis. Water with no ppm and I added 15 ml calmag first gave a hour that is what brought my ppm to 240 then I added 1 ml micro followed by 1 ml gro and 1 ml bloom then a aggressive 10 ml of rapid start all in that order after mixed it was a little low on ph like 4.1 I wanted to add water to bring up and raise ph but went to add ph up since I was low on water atm . I’m about 3.5 gallons in the 5gallon and I hope a significant amount of roots but I’ll let you be the judge . water line is 1 inch below my pot maybe 4-5 inches of roots are submerged in the solution with air stone .
The top feed look is the top layer of hydroton was never washed I added and after a few foliage sprays with 7.0 water I think the lime or whatever maybe made those rings once dried ? Idk lol

And in regards to light it’s a bloom plus 2500 I haven’t went and recorded the actual watts from amps but will shortly do if it helps . I also have a 300 watt mars hydro that actually is 123w I believe .
Since new nutes at .8 ec it seems to be at 6.1 ph and 420-430 today one day after . I see growth and my single tips that first showed after my round leads haven’t gotten worse plant seemed to perk up ?
room temp today was high 78 and so far low 69 56% humidity in room .
really quick question now that I added up after mixing nutes now that I am swinging and I want to close my gap back to 5.8 is it ok to use diluted ph down ? Or is it a no no ?

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

So in regards to water it was reversed osmosis. Water with no ppm and I added 15 ml calmag first gave a hour that is what brought my ppm to 240 then I added 1 ml micro followed by 1 ml gro and 1 ml bloom then a aggressive 10 ml of rapid start all in that order after mixed it was a little low on ph like 4.1 I wanted to add water to bring up and raise ph but went to add ph up since I was low on water atm . I’m about 3.5 gallons in the 5gallon and I hope a significant amount of roots but I’ll let you be the judge . water line is 1 inch below my pot maybe 4-5 inches of roots are submerged in the solution with air stone .
The top feed look is the top layer of hydroton was never washed I added and after a few foliage sprays with 7.0 water I think the lime or whatever maybe made those rings once dried ? Idk lol

And in regards to light it’s a bloom plus 2500 I haven’t went and recorded the actual watts from amps but will shortly do if it helps . I also have a 300 watt mars hydro that actually is 123w I believe .
Since new nutes at .8 ec it seems to be at 6.1 ph and 420-430 today one day after . I see growth and my single tips that first showed after my round leads haven’t gotten worse plant seemed to perk up ?
really quick question now that I added up after mixing nutes now that I am swinging and I want to close my gap back to 5.8 is it ok to use diluted ph down ? Or is it a no no ?

0979C3D2 17DA 4E8B 9EA7 9770433D103C
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

9498352C E1D9 42F7 B75C BD49DB48786D
Moe.Red

Moe.Red

My advice would be to add the ph adjustment to a gallon of water and add it to the bucket to bring the mutes down to the 300 range. I think you are running a bit hot.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

My advice would be to add the ph adjustment to a gallon of water and add it to the bucket to bring the mutes down to the 300 range. I think you are running a bit hot
Thank you for the advice again and just to confirm it is ok to add ph’d downed water to my solution right now with me already having used ph up to my nutes when mixed a couple days ago ?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Yes just no buffer in RO water and you might chase your tail at first learning the balance.
Yes you can use up and down in the same system.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Awesome so if I can get one more thing maybe cleared what water should or do you recommend I use ? My tap is high ppm 310

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Starting with RO water is great. Potassium Silicate is a great option to stabilize PH and provide some buffering, and the plants need silica anyhow.

it takes a little experience to get it all tuned the way you want it, but it is worth the end result.

If I am starting with a clean res with RO water only, the silicate goes in first. Get to a stabile PH with a little time and stirring. Then the Cal Mag. Then adjust the PH to 5.8 using minimal adjustments. Easy to chase your tail up and down if you are heavy handed with the PH up. Then add in the nutes, stir, and come back in 1/2 hour to verify PH.

Once that silica is part of the mix, the PH will not swing as easily.

After you have done this about 10 times, it becomes muscle memory and it just seems to all work out.

I also recommend a nute level closer to 300 at this stage of the grow. The brown spots are because you are running a bit hot IMO. Also, now is the time to start considering if you are going to run biologics or sterile. I completely recommend that you do not run sterile. But it won't hurt too bad to stick with what you have this grow and read up on all that, just keep an eye on your roots. If they start to become discolored, post up pics and we'll get you fixed up.

Example

Last edited:
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Starting with RO water is great. Potassium Silicate is a great option to stabilize PH and provide some buffering, and the plants need silica anyhow.

it takes a little experience to get it all tuned the way you want it, but it is worth the end result.

If I am starting with a clean res with RO water only, the silicate goes in first. Get to a stabile PH with a little time and stirring. Then the Cal Mag. Then adjust the PH to 5.8 using minimal adjustments. Easy to chase your tail up and down if you are heavy handed with the PH up. Then add in the nutes, stir, and come back in 1/2 hour to verify PH.

Once that silica is part of the mix, the PH will not swing as easily.

After you have done this about 10 times, it becomes muscle memory and it just seems to all work out.

I also recommend a nute level closer to 300 at this stage of the grow. The brown spots are because you are running a bit hot IMO. Also, now is the time to start considering if you are going to run biologics or sterile. I completely recommend that you do not run sterile. But it won't hurt too bad to stick with what you have this grow and read up on all that, just keep an eye on your roots. If they start to become discolored, post up pics and we'll get you fixed up.

Example

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

I have Botanicare I haven’t even used cause I have a chiller but it’s not set up will be today after work but I’ll grab silica off Amazon today . Does the botanicare go in last or after cal mag ? Sorry to blow u up your guys are speaking knowledge I don’t wanna do it wrong . Again thank you so much already loving the group .

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Ok, lets take a step back.

Where are you putting a chiller? I was thinking this was a Kratky setup without a res. Are you plumbed in together as RDWC?

Biologics are not in the same class as nutes, only thing they have in common is they come from a bottle and get poured into the water. They will not effect your PPM. Thing is they are expensive and need to be done properly or it will be a waste of money.

Biologics should be added when the system is stable and PH is controlled for best results. Maybe post a pic of your whole system, explain your plans and I can give you some overall guidance.

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

This chiller is from my old setup it’s a small 10 gallon chiller I lost my pump in the move but I have two holes with 3/8s drilled for black Uv hoses to pump from pump in res to chiller and drain just about a inch above water . It’s not installed yet but with temps reaching 75 in my res I wanted to add it back . Plan is to make a rdwc once I can cut some clones from this and and put them in my turbo cloner . Sorry I need to step back and show u guys my set up . When o get off work I’ll step back show u what equipment I’m running and what I have on my shelf’s for the future . Be back shortly with pics

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Looking forward to the pics. I have multiple fallponics rdwc with co2 chillers ac dehey and humidifier with all kinds of light from 1000w hid to led to uvb tubes to uva to far red in all combinations. I’ve probably tried what you are thinking and can probably save you some time and money

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Looking forward to the pics. I have multiple fallponics rdwc with co2 chillers ac dehey and humidifier with all kinds of light from 1000w hid to led to uvb tubes to uva to far red in all combinations. I’ve probably tried what you are thinking and can probably save you some time and money
Ok so I added some ph down to my ro water bout half ml to gallon then set it aside grabbed another unopened gallon and added 3/4 of the gallon to res . Water line had 3/4 inch of net pot being submerged . I took some pics of my set up . Not a full back picture but I’m ashamed I rushed to build this place in my garage it’s still somewhat not finished as far as wiring and I’m so ocd I wouldn’t even want to embarrass myself . . Anywho my new ppm was 350 and .7 ec . Ph atm is 6.0 I could add more of my ph’d down water but wanted to know your thoughts on my water line befor adjusting more ?

Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

This is the chiller , my veg light , bloom light , dehumidifier tho has ductless mini split in room that dehumidifies . My meters as well as a couple shot of plant from just a few min ago after doing what you suggested with water and ppm adjustment

74AFEA75 BC19 43D1 9825 A07DDFE14890
017999B0 DB1D 4DB9 A8A7 001CE74BF7BC
F72BAA01 192A 4D0F 80BD 02B618BFE619
5C4614FE 90CB 48EE 9CD0 50E1731DFCE3
F3F6A4A5 0C20 4ACA 8AAE 88970D9C84E3
34CD31D1 AE26 40E4 BA6E EF173ECA4F0C
661E333F 41E5 418C AB2B 264B4C45485D
3E80AD1C D5D7 40D3 A798 6511A0C1F793
C8B948F3 6636 4F01 9AF3 0A3598B63312
722E1A47 1828 43F9 AF89 ED766BAE9C0F
1B727543 C3DC 47F0 822C 1498F00AC9C6
EDCBEACE 47F7 4087 927A 2488753AFB47
29F54E99 6F45 4CBB 810E A469F72685D7
F844A642 15E3 4158 BC08 1A86CC4B8A4B
Thebestoftheworst

Thebestoftheworst

Got all the parts now you just gotta build the room.

Now would be a good time to get flu so you could stay home a couple weeks 😉
I so wish my profession is HVAC so work always calls😑 . I gotta get that rush rush rush out me when I step into the room lol

Reactions: PK1
Top Bottom