Super silver haze yellowing near bottom at start of bloom

• Thread starter Mc3822
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mc3822

Mc3822

Hey all! My plant just started relatively aggressively yellowing at the bottom leaves, about 4 or so new leaves a day. I am using General Hydroponics bloom every other day, just to a moderate wetness. Using about 2/3 of the recommended nutrients. I have a 1000w LED light and also bring it outside during the day for sunlight. Any suggestions on why this is happening or how to curb it? Is it normal? Any advice or help would be much appreciated!

Super silver haze yellowing near bottom at start of bloom
Super silver haze yellowing near bottom at start of bloom 2
Super silver haze yellowing near bottom at start of bloom 3

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Keep your plant inside under its lights.

Moving it to and fro is an invitation for a handful of unwanted problems.

What the heck are you growing in? Does it have a bunch of drainage holes? Why is it not filled with soil? How long has the plant been in there?

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Fertilizing ever other day is likely hurting, rather than helping. Fertilizer isn't food. You may well be poisoning the root hairs, causing the plant to have difficulty getting nutrients. They also look overwatered to me: leaves curling under on the margins (second picture, lower left) rather than reaching up, very short internodal growth. Overwatering also kills the root hairs, and the damage often looks like deficiency. It actually is, because when you drown the root hairs, the plant loses the ability to take in nutrients and water. Because new growers usually think more is better, my strong bet is you should stop fertilizing for at least two weeks, and water half as often, or less. When you start fertilizing again, no more than every two weeks is needed, IMO.

These girls were fertilized a total of five times since April 15, and are watered every four or five days. Outdoor temps are high 80's, low 90's. See the leaves in the flower pic for what I mean about the margins.

PXL 20210907 211426797
PXL 20210907 211445123
Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

T
Fertilizing ever other day is likely hurting, rather than helping. Fertilizer isn't food. You may well be poisoning the root hairs, causing the plant to have difficulty getting nutrients. They also look overwatered to me: leaves curling under on the margins (second picture, lower left) rather than reaching up, very short internodal growth. Overwatering also kills the root hairs, and the damage often looks like deficiency. It actually is, because when you drown the root hairs, the plant loses the ability to take in nutrients and water. Because new growers usually think more is better, my strong bet is you should stop fertilizing for at least two weeks, and water half as often, or less. When you start fertilizing again, no more than every two weeks is needed, IMO.

These girls were fertilized a total of five times since April 15, and are watered every four or five days. Outdoor temps are high 80's, low 90's. See the leaves in the flower pic for what I mean about the margins.
They are some beautiful looking outdoor plants oldmanriver healthy azzđź‘Ť

Mc3822

Mc3822

What the heck are you growing in? Does it have a bunch of drainage holes? Why is it not filled with soil? How long has the plant been in there?he extra energy from the sun isn

What the heck are you growing in? Does it have a bunch of drainage holes? Why is it not filled with soil? How long has the plant been in there?
Is the extra energy from the sun not worth moving it? I'm only moving it about 15 feet and it stays inside the planter at all times.

Thats a 10 gallon planter with a combination of organic soil and compost (can't remember the exact recipe but it was based on recommendations for soil from grower forums). The holes on the side are just for the tie downs for LST, above the soil line. There are drainage holes at the bottom but you can't see them in the picture. Or you might be seeing the slats on the deck chair I placed the planter on to take the picture when moving it back inside.

Mc3822

Mc3822

Thanks that's super helpful. I've been using the same watering schedule for the past 2 months and it just happened now, but everything you said makes perfect sense! I'm gonna go no nutrients for 2 weeks with half the watering, and then fertilize just once every other week. I'll report back!

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Nope it’s not worth it - bugs will see that thing and take a lunch break on it.

When you move it back inside, there are no natural predators or deterrents (wind, rain, etc) and the bugs have found a nice, safe environment with which to thrive.

Been there, done that!!!!

Top Bottom