Super soil & Floraflex... How can I keep my beneficial bacteria/fungi while using FloraFlex salt base nutrients?

• Thread starter Dankgardens313
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

I grew organic for about 5 years and Ive always loved my results. A friend of mine has been using Floraflex for a while and his results are amazing. Don't get me wrong , the organic flower tastes much better but his bud texture and density is completely different. I was wondering if I should stick to my super soil , and use FloraFlex. Will It hurt? Should I use recharge or a compost tea (weekly) to keep beneficial bacteria? How do I reinoculate bacteria ? I would love to get a clear answer before diving in and experimenting .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I would do one or the other. Mixing organics and hydroponic nutrients can easily end in disaster. But that's just my opinion.

And honestly if yours tastes better why change just for looks and bag appeal? I'll take a tasty nug over a pretty one every day. That said, I'm also using floraflex nutes at the moment lol.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nothing wrong with a hybrid system imo. Thats what vegging in ocean forest or the like water only through transplants and getting through stretch in the final pot before the soil nutrients are depleted then finishing the flower cycle with light to medium doses of fertilizer.

Works with organic nutes or chemical salt based in my experience.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nothing wrong with a hybrid system imo. Thats what vegging in ocean forest or the like water only through transplants and getting through stretch in the final pot before the soil nutrients are depleted then finishing the flower cycle with light to medium doses of fertilizer.

Good point. I was thinking straight organics using super soil. Usually that has plenty of nutrients for the whole cycle without needing supplementation. But for a lighter mix like FFOF you're right, totally fine if you titrate the nutrients at the right time. But even then it can be easy to overdo it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Good point. I was thinking straight organics using super soil. Usually that has plenty of nutrients for the whole cycle without needing supplementation. But for a lighter mix like FFOF you're right, totally fine if you titrate the nutrients at the right time. But even then it can be easy to overdo it.

It can be tricky during the transition for sure but it does offer some of the benefits of both methods.

I will see if something seems missing when i harvest some plants in the pro mix dyna grow method im using now.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

have you tried the knf ferments on your soil grow yet?
you method of ferment is new to me but hey ferments are just that and the soil loves it,best thing is all is just your time to make

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

That's exactly what i ended up doing . My super-soil was good for 7 weeks (food) . Then i used floraflex at 50%-75% , also with Power-si bloom and Aptus additives . Came out great , the growth in veg was nuts , and week 3 bud formation was amazing. Grew Wedding Crashers by symbiotic .

TheTerpBrothers

TheTerpBrothers

I grew organic for about 5 years and Ive always loved my results. A friend of mine has been using Floraflex for a while and his results are amazing. Don't get me wrong , the organic flower tastes much better but his bud texture and density is completely different. I was wondering if I should stick to my super soil , and use FloraFlex. Will It hurt? Should I use recharge or a compost tea (weekly) to keep beneficial bacteria? How do I reinoculate bacteria ? I would love to get a clear answer before diving in and experimenting .
Recommend you try the Biobizz line if you are worried about density and texture etc and want to keep that organic profile, it is an all organic line I love it, go give my homie @michiganmedicalorganics to see some true craft cannabis using Michigan M3 w/some ammendments and biobizz

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Recommend you try the Biobizz line if you are worried about density and texture etc and want to keep that organic profile, it is an all organic line I love it, go give my homie @michiganmedicalorganics to see some true craft cannabis using Michigan M3 w/some ammendments and biobizz
What's weird is that i was just having this discussion with a good friend of mine who's been in the business for a long time. He mentioned Bio-Bizz as his new line he's using and he loves it. He was using VegaMatrix by kyle kushman which is a Vegan Line , and he told me Bio-bizz is the real deal. The taste of his end product is truly amazing and cant be compared to any product out here in southeast mi. He also mentioned that he uses the line at a small dose to avoid nute burn. He also mentioned their TOPMAX pk booster is amazing

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

Regardless of organic/hydro nutes, if you can find nature's methodology for transporting nutrients into roots/through the cell walls of roots, you can get the same results, not worry too too much about burning plants (unless you're foliar spraying), and its cheaper (and can be free if you're smart!). Nature technically doesn't use a single molecule for this purpose, its more of a complex of chemical structures that "wheel" nutrients into plants. Capable of solubilizing complex chemicals through cell walls and directly into the root cell without having to get bogged down in transport channels. There's a reason why not only do natural areas triple and quadruple above ground biomass of agricultural areas if the same ecotype and plant community persists (not comparing rain forest to a lettuce patch), in addition to having measured EC values of soil water under field capacity at less then .001 the majority of the time -- discounting aridisols, but even mollisols and ultisols can have insanely low EC values compared to their above ground biomass, and then when you farm those soils you need an EC of like .2 to move any nutrients at field capacity.

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

Regardless of organic/hydro nutes, if you can find nature's methodology for transporting nutrients into roots/through the cell walls of roots, you can get the same results, not worry too too much about burning plants (unless you're foliar spraying), and its cheaper (and can be free if you're smart!). Nature technically doesn't use a single molecule for this purpose, its more of a complex of chemical structures that "wheel" nutrients into plants. Capable of solubilizing complex chemicals through cell walls and directly into the root cell without having to get bogged down in transport channels. There's a reason why not only do natural areas triple and quadruple above ground biomass of agricultural areas if the same ecotype and plant community persists (not comparing rain forest to a lettuce patch), in addition to having measured EC values of soil water under field capacity at less then .001 the majority of the time -- discounting aridisols, but even mollisols and ultisols can have insanely low EC values compared to their above ground biomass, and then when you farm those soils you need an EC of like .2 to move any nutrients at field capacity.
Thanks for the info man . It makes a lot of sense when you mentioned “wheels”. It’s simple science , molecules help with transport of other molecules , some molecules help breakdown other molecules (ex: polysaccharides ———> monosaccharides). Can you give me more info on aridisols , mollisols and ultisols ? Learning the science of nutrient breakdown and uptake really helps me understand the purpose of certain ingredients in nutrient bottles and powders.

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

Ok, rereading that post. That EC may be a little low during some low intensity rainfall events.

But yea, that's essentially what humic acids do and how nature is able to move nutrients at such a low EC rating. Because they are complexed in large organic acid molecules essentially rendering them non-ionic, but still mobile. Also fulvic acid can literally solubilize nutrients through the cell wall/cell membrane of plant roots, allowing the uptake of secondary molecules which like jump start the formation of nonstructural carbohydrates which move nutrients up the plant.

And yes, I will acknowledge that it is easier to get higher yields off hydro then soil, with all things considered and when only talking about indoor. But if you did aquaponics vs hydroponics, aquaponics will give you higher yields 99 times out of 100 because you're incorporating organic chelates into your ecosystem.

You shouldn't even consider this growing weed. You should consider this more like curating an ecosystem that is a pet.

paradoxlsot

paradoxlsot

Oh yea, and aridisols are arid soils, mollisols are grassland soils, aflisols are weathered soils, but not so weathered they have leached out their base saturation and accumulated iron and aluminum oxides. I mispoke when i said ultisols. Alfisols turn into ultisols.

allycat91

allycat91

That's exactly what i ended up doing . My super-soil was good for 7 weeks (food) . Then i used floraflex at 50%-75% , also with Power-si bloom and Aptus additives . Came out great , the growth in veg was nuts , and week 3 bud formation was amazing. Grew Wedding Crashers by symbiotic .
Do you mind sharing how you use these together? I am trying to do these same nutes but I feel like I’m way over doing it. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Dramadon3151

Dramadon3151

I use a hybrid grow at times. I maintain it with great white and molasses during off nute waterings. Works amazingly well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom